MinuteBuzz rencontre Mika

Louiza

So it's a mixture of DAFT PUNK and Fleetwood Mac then.

Not PUNK as I first thought.

That's okay then:naughty:

Not that I dislike punk music, but it makes more sense to me now, with the electro music references.

Getting EXTREMELY excited for this album now:woot_jump:

Thanks for the post and translation:thumb_yello:

Me too! :fangurl: I loved reading that he said it's still very "Mika". Good to hear that from him, isn't it? I still don't get these electro references though, even after listening to all those vids some people posted here. :aah:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too! :fangurl: I loved reading that he said it's still very "Mika". Good to hear that from him, isn't it? I still don't get these electro references though, even after listening to all those vids some people posted here. :aah:

I love electro music, if it's done well.

Sometimes it can sound messy, but he's working with a good producer in Martin Solvieg, so I have faith it'll be excellent:thumb_yello:

Here's the translation, I hope I didn't do too much mistakes ;)

Women : Hello Mika !

Mika : Hello !

W : Thank you to give us a little of your time to answer our questions.

M : Thank you. It's a pleasure.

W : So tell me, you'll starting a european tour, with... ?

M : Barely.

W : Barely ! There is Bucarest, Kiev, Zurich, and the fourth date is Compiegne.

M : I do Compiegne.

W : It's special, why this only french date in Compiegne ?

M : Because I want to do... No firstly, it's not really a tour, and Compiegne is totally different of what I will do for the others shows. I wanted to do one show in France, and I am doing my third record, I am more or less in the middle of it, it will be out in 2012. I wanted to do one show in France because I wanted a new energy, it's good, I leave the studio. I can judge reactions because I can test news songs. So I will try some news songs in english, and also... I'm doing the album in english but at the same time, I started to write songs in french, with a french lyric writer.

W : So, will a new song come out in french ?

M : Huum maybe, if it's ready, I'm trying to finish it.

W : Oh it's in process ? Can we talk about it ?

M : We don't know yet, because I'm still writing to finish it. But it's sure that it will be some songs in french with the english album.

W : How will be the next album ? Can you describe it in few words ?

M : (Lauging) It's quite weird. It's a little crazy, it's like a mix of Daft Punk and Fleetwood Mac.

W : In comparison with the previous one, where do you situate it ?

M : Competely different.

W : What are the differences ?

M : The themes. It's less childish, juvenile, it's less cartoon, it's more serious. But not serious "musically", there is a lot of joy, rythmes, it's a rollercoster, like all my albums.

W : Is it more adult ?

M : Yes, a version of adult Mika, I think. It isn't a new thing, it's an adult Mika but without... I'm not faking to be someone else, it's clear. When we hear the song, we say "oh yeah, it's clear, it's Mika". But at the same time... I don't know... It's different. I think it's important to challenge itself, to totally reinvent what we are doing after a few years, otherwise it isn't worth it. It is useless.

W : Speaking about to reinvent, you give a lot of importance in set, costume, and you work a lot on it on your tours.

M : Yes, always, even at the begining. We did two acoustics shows in Le Cirque d'Hiver, we did a little staging (I dont't know if it's the right word, sorry !),it's was very simple but very efficient.

For Compiegne, we do something new, a little Marie-Antoinette, it's funny because it will be in front of the Palais Imperial, which did been redo by Napoleon.

W : So something which stick with the place ?

M : Yeah, that's it.

I don't particulary want to do a show in Paris, but Compiegne has got the advantage to be in open air, it sounds like a festival, and it's only at 30min to Paris.

I know Compiegne now, because I'm doing some research for the show. And it one way, it's more difficult to do one only show rather a tour, it's a different mentality. I think it's very important because today, there is no reason to disapear during two years to make a album. I think it's important to do things, test things.

W : What can we wish for you today ?

M : I need chance, a lot of chance, but we don't say that...

W : You have already a lot of chance.

M : ... You have to say "merde" and I don't say "thanks". It's the rule, right ?

W : Ok, so "merde" then, and thank you for the interview, thank you to answer our questions.

M : Cool. Bye!

Thank you. It's great!

Thanks a lot all of you for posting the translation, video and snaps:flowers2:

I must admit that I see a bit different Mika look, but his facial expressions haven't changed that much so we can still run our good old threads.:naughty:

Done!:naughty:

I told the story (in different threads) about my strange dream at night some months ago - Mika in white vig like Mozart singing opera. So it is not that hard to imagine now :teehee:

Mwahahaha :roftl: though I do think that Mika wouldn't look that bad with that Mozart wig on... better than with the Gaga one for sure :teehee:

No need to imagine much...

mikagaga.jpg

:thumb_yello:

InterviewdeMIKAparSorayaKhireddine_0035.jpg

InterviewdeMIKAparSorayaKhireddine_0036.jpg

InterviewdeMIKAparSorayaKhireddine_0037.jpg

InterviewdeMIKAparSorayaKhireddine_0038.jpg

OMG... he's so cute, I love his haircut and the orange highlight :teehee:

T4P :flowers2:

thank you for the translation^^!!!

I`m so glad he said it will be like MIKA ... yay. The new album will be great then^^.

He looked so different on the photo with the hair and everything... but still umm---what is the word...? his face is still the way it was... and the way he talks as well^^

can`t wait for the new music:biggrin2:

Thanks a lot all of you for posting the translation, video and snaps:flowers2:

I must admit that I see a bit different Mika look, but his facial expressions haven't changed that much so we can still run our good old threads.:naughty:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Archived