Elle me dit - Song and Lyrics Discussion

What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?

http://gickr.com/results4/anim_7d23844c-ac2d-0fc4-71c3-5deead68d1f8.gif

Hey Guys.

I have fallen in love with Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'. I don't understand any of the lyrics, but I still love it. Although the cover art has no "Mika look" to it, the song is pure Mika magic!!!

What do you think of it?

===========================================================

LYRICS

LilStar said:
Elle me dit

Elle me dit, écrit une chanson contente, pas une chanson déprimante, une chanson que tout le monde aime.

Elle me dit, tu deviendras milliardaire,t'auras de quoi être fier, ne finis pas comme ton père.

Elle me dit, ne t'enferme pas dans ta chambre, vas-y secoue toi et danse, dis moi c'est quoi ton problème.

Elle me dit, qu'est-ce que t'as, t'as l'air coincé, t'es défoncé ou t'es gai, tu finiras comme ton frère, elle me dit.

Elle me dit c'est ta vie, fais ce que tu veux tant pis.

Un jour tu comprendras, un jour tu t'en voudras.

Elle me dit t'es trop nul, sort un peu de ta bulle.

Tu fais n'importe quoi, on dirais que t'aimes ça.

Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie? (X3)

Danse danse danse,

Elle me dit danse

Danse danse danse

Elle me dit, fais comme les autres garçons, va taper dans un ballon, tu deviendras populaire.

Elle me dit, qu'est-ce tu fou sur Internet, ça va pas bien dans ta tête, regarde le temps que tu perds.

Elle me dit, pourquoi tu te plains tout le temps, on dirait que t'as 8 ans, c'est pas comme ça que tu vas plaire.

Elle me dit, un jour je ne serai plus là, c'est quand elle me dit ça, elle me dit un truc que j'aime, elle me dit.

Elle me dit c'est ta vie, fais ce que tu veux tant pis.

Un jour tu comprendras, un jour tu t'en voudras.

Elle me dit t'es trop nul, sort un peu de ta bulle.

Tu fais n'importe quoi, on dirais que t'aimes ça.

Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie? (x3)

Danse danse danse

Elle me dit danse.

Danse danse danse

Elle me dit, t'as pas encore les cheveux blancs, mais t'auras bientôt 30 ans, faudrait que tu te réveille.

Elle me dit, tu es toujours un enfant, tu ne seras jamais grand, et moi je suis déjà vieille.

Elle me dit, regarde un peu tes amis, qu'est-ce qu'ils vont faire de leur vie, y'a de quoi se foutre en l'air.

Elle me dit, oui un jour tu me tueras, et c'est quand elle me dit ça, qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

Elle me dit danse.

Elle me dit danse danse danse

Elle me dit danse.

Elle me dit danse danse danse

(etc etc)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!:mf_lustslow: It definitely sounds like his mother telling him he's an "adulescent" (I don't know if this word exists in English, if not it's an adult who's still or still behaves like a teenager. The Peter Pan syndrome). It sounds autobiographical! :wink2:

It's funny, makes you happy (and we all need lighter subjects or lyrics for the summer!!), catchy and makes you want to dance!

I heard the opening and thought "Plastic Bertrand" :teehee:

Not my favourite Mika song - too dancy and over-produced for me. I prefer Mika "au naturelle" :blush-anim-cl:

It's exactly a feeling I had when I first listened to the song and, as I was on the phone with Sweetieval, she could confirm and tell you so!!

I've listened to it once so far, I'm not so sure about it. Half way through it No.4 said 'I like it'. He's now listening to it for the fourth time. No doubt by the end of the day, after hearing it so many times I'll like it too. :teehee:

You can have the lyrics and translation on the post of the new song.

I am French so I can understand and I had the chance to listen to all his morning radio interviews.

I really hope this song will be a hit! (for him)

He said that the 3rd album will be all in English except the France version with several bonus titles in French (Elle me dit, Karen and maybe 2 others)

I am French so I can understand and I had the chance to listen to all his morning radio interviews.

He said that the 3rd album will be all in English except the France version with several bonus titles in French (Elle me dit, Karen and maybe 2 others)

hmm guess i'll be going to france then when the album comes out :roftl:

I'd 've thrown in it some classical orchestra elements..minus the synthetized voice..where's the "I make songs difficoult to sing for anybody not blessed with a 80 - 1100 Hz vocal range "? :teehee:

oh, & sing in Lebanese? Italian would be cool also :naughty:

Edited by greta

I REALLY LIKE IT! It's different... and maybe not what we expected... but it is great!

I like that the song is in french.. I don't understand most of the things..xDD but I love french... and if is Mika talking (singing *_*) in french.. better!

I love it!:mf_lustslow: It definitely sounds like his mother telling him he's an "adulescent" (I don't know if this word exists in English, if not it's an adult who's still or still behaves like a teenager. The Peter Pan syndrome). It sounds autobiographical! :wink2:

It's funny, makes you happy (and we all need lighter subjects or lyrics for the summer!!), catchy and makes you want to dance!

Yes, adolescent:thumb_yello:

I think she is talking about something else. An adult who behaves like an adolescent.

:thumb_yello: That's it, Christine! Adulescent is a contraction of 'adolescent' and 'adult'. Do you have an equivalent word in English?

thats soo good...!!:thumb_yello::wub2:

I hope the all next songs will be like this :naughty:

Hey Guys.

I have fallen in love with Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'. I don't understand any of the lyrics, but I still love it. Although the cover art has no "Mika look" to it, the song is pure Mika magic!!!

What do you think of it?

Would have loved it more, if i could understand what he is saying!:mf_rosetinted:

+:thumb_yello:

so I translate, to know what he's singing about...:teehee:

lle told me write a song not just depressing song, a song that everyone loves.

She said you will become a billionaire. You'll have to be proud. Do not finish like your father.

She told me do not shut yourself in your room ... .. tell me what's your problem

She told me what you got caught you look (?), Did you spend your ticket (?)

You will end up like your brother

She said, She said that life did you do what you want tamps one day you will understand one day you wish thee

She said you're too bad you got out a little bubble. Anything you do say that love is ca.

Why you are wasting thee life. Why are you wasting your life. Why you are wasting thee life.

Dance dance dance dance dance she said. x2

She said that like other engrave will kick a ball, you will become popular.

She said, what are you doing on the internet, it's going wrong in your head. Regards time you lose.

She told me why you ... .... every time you say you got eight years. It's not how you go please

She said one day I would not be and that's when she said she told me something I love.

She said.

She told me, it's life you got do what you want to Tampa. One day you will understand one day you wish thee

She said you're too bad you got out a little bubble. Anything you do say that love is ca.

Why you are wasting thee life. Why are you wasting your life. Why you are wasting thee life.

Dance dance dance dance dance she said. x2

She said, you do not even have white hair, but you'll have almost 30 years, will have you wake up.

She said you're still a child you'll never be great. And I am already old

She said some friends look at what they will do with their lives, it has something to **** up.

She said, yes you will kill me one day and that's when she said what she told me something I love.

She said dance, she said dance dance dance

She told me, it's life you got do what you want to Tampa. One day you will understand one day you wish thee

Dance dance dance dance dance she said