Elle me dit - Song and Lyrics Discussion

What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?

I heard the opening and thought "Plastic Bertrand" :teehee:

Not my favourite Mika song - too dancy and over-produced for me. I prefer Mika "au naturelle" :blush-anim-cl:

Me too :roftl:

It's exactly a feeling I had when I first listened to the song and, as I was on the phone with Sweetieval, she could confirm and tell you so!!

Yes! Thank you! It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out :naughty: I prefer plastic bertrand though :roftl:

Anyway, the song is catchy. It reminds me a whole lot of stromae though.

But I'm sure I'll be singing along in Liège :lmfao:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm guess i'll be going to france then when the album comes out :roftl:

I guess you'll have to get a coy for me as well:wink2:

Mika! Please remember they are countries other than Frnace where people speak French:wink2:

Yes! Thank you! It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out :naughty: I prefer plastic bertrand though :roftl:

Anyway, the song is catchy. It reminds me a whole lot of stromae though.

But I'm sure I'll be singing along in Liège :lmfao:

plastic bertrand was the first thing that sprang to mind when i heard "elle me dit" :roftl:

I guess you'll have to get a coy for me as well:wink2:

Mika! Please remember they are countries other than Frnace where people speak French:wink2:

Yes Mika, like Canada and Belgium too, :teehee:

I have just heard the song on my mobile for the first time and what I wanted to say is just what Nectar has already pointed out:

I heard the opening and thought "Plastic Bertrand" :teehee:

and I decided to delete the rest of my comment in the meantime.

It is a catchy song but I really hope the sound of the album will be different: hopefully more mature.

Edited by suzie

Yes Mika, like Canada and Belgium too, :teehee:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the French edition too? I can't quite remember, but wasn't it the same with LICM too? You had the green version and the pink one? I think we had the same one France did?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the French edition too? I can't quite remember, but wasn't it the same with LICM too? You had the green version and the pink one? I think we had the same one France did?

Wouldn't be able to tell because I bought the CD well after it was out:mf_rosetinted:

don't know :blush-anim-cl:

I thought the song is good! I like that is more dancey then his other songs!!! now in french class my teacher wil FINALLY let me play MIKA :)

Hahaha, I always thought that Mika's french accent was kind of peculiar, not a received-pronunciation in French, I mean :boxed:

I think the meaning of the song, is for me.

It was you? STOP TORTURING OUR BOY! :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

i translated it too:teehee:

just thought id put it here as well:wink2:

"Elle me dit"

She Tells Me

She tells me, write a happy song, not a depressing song, a song that everyone loves.

She tells me you'll become billionaire, you'll be proud, don't end up like your dad.

She tells me, dont lock yourself up in your room lets go shake it up and dance, tell me whats your problem?

She tells me, whats up you look stuck up, youre high or youre gay (ok, dont wanna cause a commotion here... hes using the word gay.... which can be for: lame, happy or, well gay.. choose your version ), you'll end up like your brother.

She tells me its your life, do want you want too bad, one day youll understand, one day youll feel guilty.

She tells me youre so lame, get out of your bubble, youre doing nonsense, it seems that you like it.

Why are you wasting your life(3X)

Dance dance dance

She tells me dance

Dance dance dance

She tells me dance, dance dance dance

She tells me do like the other boys, go hit a ball, youll become famous.

She tells me what are you doing on internet, its going wrong in your head, look at the time youre wasting.

She tells me, why are you moaning all the time, it sounds like youre 8 years old, youre not gonna please like that.

She tells me one day i wont be there anymore, and its when she says that, that she says something i like.

She tells me its your life, do want you want too bad, one day youll understand, one day youll feel guilty.

She tells me youre so lame, get out of your bubble, youre doing nonsense, it seems that you like it.

Dance dance dance

She tells me dance

Dance dance dance

Dance dance dance

She tells me, you still dont have gray hair, but you'll soon be 30, you need to wake up.

She tells me you're still a kid, you'll never grow up, and i'm already old.

She tells me, look at your friends, what they'll do with their lives, thats enough to be screwed up.

She tells me, yes one day you'll kill me, and its when she tells me, that she tells me something i love

She tells me dance, dance dance (X10000 times)

I really love it! For me it doesn't matter that it in French, or that it's more electro (if that's what you'd call it)

For me, the French makes it fascinating and I wouldn't want to hear it in English.

The Euro-pop danciness of it is okay too. We all know that Mika is capable of writing the most amazing, melodic, acustic songs, but the charts are full of dance tunes, not one tenth as good as Elle Me Dit, but they get to number one, while Mika's songs get left behind.

So now he has a dance track, to reel in some new fans and show that he's still around and that he's versatile. Then he'll bring out the album with his Mikatastic tunefull melodies which are more simplified than EMD.

We have the best of all Mika's worlds! What lucky fans we are!:mf_lustslow:

Thank you LilStar for your translation! And yes, it does sound a little autobiographical, don't you think?

I'm sure Mika's album is going to be diverse and this is just a warm-up - a catchy dance song (which I love by the way).

Now I SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN COMPIEGNE!!!:thumb_yello::wub2: