Elle me dit - Song and Lyrics Discussion

What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?

Elle me dit un jour je ne serais plus la et c'est quand elle me dit qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

(She tells me "one day I won't be there anymore" and it's when she tells me this that she's telling me something I like to hear.)

Elle me dit, oui un jour tu me tueras et c'est quand elle me dit ca qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

She tells me, "one day you'll kill me" and when she tells me this she's telling me something I like to hear.

The bastard....:naughty:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you LilStar for your translation! And yes, it does sound a little autobiographical, don't you think?

I'm sure Mika's album is going to be diverse and this is just a warm-up - a catchy dance song (which I love by the way).

Now I SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN COMPIEGNE!!!:thumb_yello::wub2:

He sais in one of his inertview today that he wrote it starting with some of the things his mom was telling him earlier. Then had fun and play with it:wink2:

Elle me dit un jour je ne serais plus la et c'est quand elle me dit qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

(She tells me "one day I won't be there anymore" and it's when she tells me this that she's telling me something I like to hear.)

Elle me dit, oui un jour tu me tueras et c'est quand elle me dit ca qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

She tells me, "one day you'll kill me" and when she tells me this she's telling me something I like to hear.

Mwahahahaha :aah: Therapy for Mamma P. :mf_rosetinted:

I love the song! It's something new, which is something that I really like about Mika's music in general, because it never gets boring. I like the dance-y beat, but I think it's just a little autotune-y (these words I'm making up xD). But overall I love the song! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the translation, Lilstar, I decided to spend the day listening over and over until I understood it all, but wasn't getting there.

Has anyone written the French lyrics out please? I'm better at reading than listening.

My first impression of the opening seconds was that it' was a straight copy from something/someone else. My long suffering son who has had to listen to my replay, replay, replay, says it has a sound like 'Brimful of Asha' too.

But I like it and it's a great dance track.

Thank you LilStar for your translation! And yes, it does sound a little autobiographical, don't you think?

I'm sure Mika's album is going to be diverse and this is just a warm-up - a catchy dance song (which I love by the way).

Now I SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN COMPIEGNE!!!:thumb_yello::wub2:

i do agree

it does sound autobiographical..

reminds me of SITM:teehee::naughty:

Thanks for the translation, Lilstar, I decided to spend the day listening over and over until I understood it all, but wasn't getting there.

Has anyone written the French lyrics out please? I'm better at reading than listening.

My first impression of the opening seconds was that it' was a straight copy from something/someone else. My long suffering son who has had to listen to my replay, replay, replay, says it has a sound like 'Brimful of Asha' too.

But I like it and it's a great dance track.

oh right, ill write them out ;)

Elle me dit

Elle me dit, écrit une chanson contente, pas une chanson déprimante, une chanson que tout le monde aime.

Elle me dit, tu deviendras milliardaire,t'auras de quoi être fier, ne finis pas comme ton père.

Elle me dit, ne t'enferme pas dans ta chambre, vas-y secoue toi et danse, dis moi c'est quoi ton problème.

Elle me dit, qu'est-ce que t'as, t'as l'air coincé, t'es défoncé ou t'es gai, tu finiras comme ton frère, elle me dit.

Elle me dit c'est ta vie, fais ce que tu veux tant pis.

Un jour tu comprendras, un jour tu t'en voudras.

Elle me dit t'es trop nul, sort un peu de ta bulle.

Tu fais n'importe quoi, on dirais que t'aimes ça.

Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie? (X3)

Danse danse danse,

Elle me dit danse

Danse danse danse

Elle me dit, fais comme les autres garçons, va taper dans un ballon, tu deviendras populaire.

Elle me dit, qu'est-ce tu fou sur Internet, ça va pas bien dans ta tête, regarde le temps que tu perds.

Elle me dit, pourquoi tu te plains tout le temps, on dirait que t'as 8 ans, c'est pas comme ça que tu vas plaire.

Elle me dit, un jour je ne serai plus là, c'est quand elle me dit ça, elle me dit un truc que j'aime, elle me dit.

Elle me dit c'est ta vie, fais ce que tu veux tant pis.

Un jour tu comprendras, un jour tu t'en voudras.

Elle me dit t'es trop nul, sort un peu de ta bulle.

Tu fais n'importe quoi, on dirais que t'aimes ça.

Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie? (x3)

Danse danse danse

Elle me dit danse.

Danse danse danse

Elle me dit, t'as pas encore les cheveux blancs, mais t'auras bientôt 30 ans, faudrait que tu te réveille.

Elle me dit, tu es toujours un enfant, tu ne seras jamais grand, et moi je suis déjà vieille.

Elle me dit, regarde un peu tes amis, qu'est-ce qu'ils vont faire de leur vie, y'a de quoi se foutre en l'air.

Elle me dit, oui un jour tu me tueras, et c'est quand elle me dit ça, qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime.

Elle me dit danse.

Elle me dit danse danse danse

Elle me dit danse.

Elle me dit danse danse danse

(etc etc)

i translated it too:teehee:

just thought id put it here as well:wink2:

"Elle me dit"

She Tells Me

She tells me, write a happy song, not a depressing song, a song that everyone loves.

She tells me you'll become billionaire, you'll be proud, don't end up like your dad.

She tells me, dont lock yourself up in your room lets go shake it up and dance, tell me whats your problem?

She tells me, whats up you look stuck up, youre high or youre gay (ok, dont wanna cause a commotion here... hes using the word gay.... which can be for: lame, happy or, well gay.. choose your version ), you'll end up like your brother.

She tells me its your life, do want you want too bad, one day youll understand, one day youll feel guilty.

She tells me youre so lame, get out of your bubble, youre doing nonsense, it seems that you like it.

Why are you wasting your life(3X)

Dance dance dance

She tells me dance

Dance dance dance

She tells me dance, dance dance dance

She tells me do like the other boys, go hit a ball, youll become famous.

She tells me what are you doing on internet, its going wrong in your head, look at the time youre wasting.

She tells me, why are you moaning all the time, it sounds like youre 8 years old, youre not gonna please like that.

She tells me one day i wont be there anymore, and its when she says that, that she says something i like.

She tells me its your life, do want you want too bad, one day youll understand, one day youll feel guilty.

She tells me youre so lame, get out of your bubble, youre doing nonsense, it seems that you like it.

Dance dance dance

She tells me dance

Dance dance dance

Dance dance dance

She tells me, you still dont have gray hair, but you'll soon be 30, you need to wake up.

She tells me you're still a kid, you'll never grow up, and i'm already old.

She tells me, look at your friends, what they'll do with their lives, thats enough to be screwed up.

She tells me, yes one day you'll kill me, and its when she tells me, that she tells me something i love

She tells me dance, dance dance (X10000 times)

Thank you so much Rox :)

I love it :fangurl:

as he spoke "Like air fresh" :biggrin2:

I just can't stop listening >>

"Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie ELLE ME DIT danse ELLE ME DIT danse danse danse

:dance_man::dance_man::dance_man:

Why do i keep listening ...Elle me dit "t'es trop nul, sors un peu de ta poule?????:naughty:

:lmfao:

I love the song and also the way you see it :biggrin2::naughty::thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: That's it, Christine! Adulescent is a contraction of 'adolescent' and 'adult'. Do you have an equivalent word in English?

I've heard some people use "kidult" - a blend of "kid" and "adult." :naughty:

Not my favourite Mika song - too dancy and over-produced for me. I prefer Mika "au naturelle" :blush-anim-cl:

I think the real loss is the synthed-up vocals. Rain and Relax are dancy too, but at least they showcase that he can sing like very few others can. I think what they've done to his vocals makes him sound like any other mediocre singer. :dunno:

My long suffering son who has had to listen to my replay, replay, replay, says it has a sound like 'Brimful of Asha' too.

Pretty sure I like 'Brimful of Asha' better. :roftl:

"Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie ELLE ME DIT danse ELLE ME DIT danse danse danse

It's my favorite in the whole song :thumb_yello:

it's the only sentence i can actually follow and say :teehee::aah: