Elle me dit - Song and Lyrics Discussion

What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?

No one can, not even Mika yet....:mf_rosetinted:

Yes I just saw this. :teehee:

7699323626_mika-grand-morning-rtl2.jpg

I think the real loss is the synthed-up vocals. Rain and Relax are dancy too, but at least they showcase that he can sing like very few others can. I think what they've done to his vocals makes him sound like any other mediocre singer. :dunno:

Something I didn't realize about this autotuned thing is that it makes the voice sound so nasal. You can really hear it with Rebecca Black's Friday and anything Britney Spears does but I always chalked it up to them being Americans (not to mention no-talents! :aah:) but even Mika sounds nasal in this song.

After a couple of listens it doesn't bother me anymore because I know Mika's voice so well that nothing can mask it in the end but I wonder what others hear when they listen to it. But then again this seems to be such a popular trend that I guess a lot of people like this sound :dunno:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I didn't realize about this autotuned thing is that it makes the voice sound so nasal. You can really hear it with Rebecca Black's Friday and anything Britney Spears does but I always chalked it up to them being Americans (not to mention no-talents! :aah:) but even Mika sounds nasal in this song.

After a couple of listens it doesn't bother me anymore because I know Mika's voice so well that nothing can mask it in the end but I wonder what others hear when they listen to it. But then again this seems to be such a popular trend that I guess a lot of people like this sound :dunno:

That's what i meant but couldn't find the pic...:naughty:

Why is that computer in a wooden shelf ? :aah::aah:

I think the real loss is the synthed-up vocals. Rain and Relax are dancy too, but at least they showcase that he can sing like very few others can. I think what they've done to his vocals makes him sound like any other mediocre singer. :dunno:

My thoughts exactly! :dunno:

I love it!

I'm addicted to it since yesterday. :D

I listen to the song non-stop.

Actually, it's the only song that I've heard since yesterday :D

Love it love it love it!

Can't wait to hear more new songs!

I def like it :-). I think French music normally is a bit more monotonic, at least that's the impression I got when I lived there. It takes some getting used to and then it suddenly becomes pretty amazing :-). So maybe that's why "Elle me dit" is more monotonic than usual, it's written in a French/Mikalandish music culture mindset rather than a Brittish/Mikalandish?

Î needed to listen twice to fall in love with the song . But then I read the translation of is on mfc and am totally addicted!!!

So you all can guess what I voted:teehee:

I`m soooo happy to hear something new but I hope that not all song will be like that. I mean that mellody with lots of computer in it...

but a fantastic song^^:wub2:

I heard the opening and thought "Plastic Bertrand" :teehee:

Yes, my thought exactly.

I don't like it. But I think that may have more to do with the way I am feeling at the moment (recently bereaved) than the actual song.

Maybe I will change my mind next week when I see Mika sing it live.

Probably will. :mf_rosetinted:

I def like it :-). I think French music normally is a bit more monotonic, at least that's the impression I got when I lived there. It takes some getting used to and then it suddenly becomes pretty amazing :-). So maybe that's why "Elle me dit" is more monotonic than usual, it's written in a French/Mikalandish music culture mindset rather than a Brittish/Mikalandish?

I think you've summed up the song beautifully. Of course he'll do his usual thing on his album, but this song shows his versatility; and his status as a true international star!

Anybody knows if he is going to lunch a Single CD with this song in France the next week?, i heard it from a friend.

He said in an interview there was going to be a digital release July 11

Edited by guylainem123