REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - MIKA @ B’estfest -Bucharest, Romania - 2 July 2011

Droopsy

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and really... would someone tell me the name of the guy at the keyboards? pleaaaaaaaaseeeeee? :biggrin2:

Haha, I'm not sure but I wanted to say your report was soo great and it looked like you had an incredible time ! :wub2:

Aww, I'm so loving reading all of your reports and seeing these fabulous

photos, especially this one:

fe35a4e42a477d66c0186e7f7f32e24e_view.jpg

You all represented so well! :wub2:

Oh, those pics of the tall, skinny singer, what's his name? -- those aren't

bad, either! :wink2:

Me too ! Does that banner say "Mfc is here" or Mfc is help---?" :sweatdrop:

oh i forgot to mention that we heard him prepare his voice before the gig. and it was honestly the most beautiful thing i have ever heard. the whole amplification and background on the gigs/albums...just cut the beauty of his voice. so clear and beautiful! :wub2:

:wub2::wub2:i'm pretty sure it is!oh,i would like so much to hear it too!

:mf_rosetinted:i was to shy to be his BigGirl ,but ,you girl did a really great job!:wub2:CONGRATULATIONS!

:mf_rosetinted:about that late m&g...i've missed too after i waiting him almost a hour,unfortunately my husband was so tired and he supposed to drive again another almost 500 km back to home,so i couldn't refuse him to go when the bodyguards told us that Mika will not come at m&g.Anyway,maybe next time we all will have more luck!:wink2:

:mf_lustslow:i saw on this thread that someone took the pics at this short and late m&g (not these http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3501301&postcount=64 ),could you upload your picture with Mika,pretty please?!..i tried to find her post (she has this picture on her ava ) ,but i can't find it :boxed:

@catalinutza79,ure welcome,my sweetheart!

awwww @dcdeb,u're too kind,thank you!:wub2:

edit:

@Jaya,The banner says MFC IS HERE ! and is made it by our dear B!anca!

@Christine,u're not wrong ,indeed you saw there

B!anca,Vanessa,Bianca's mom,Catalinutza79,me,Daniel etc...all of us in the first row, back of the banners (this year banner with MFC IS HERE! and last year banner ,that big one with IF ALBERT IS GOLDEN,SO ARE WE! :wub2:

Edited by nicoleta

oh i forgot to mention that we heard him prepare his voice before the gig. and it was honestly the most beautiful thing i have ever heard. the whole amplification and background on the gigs/albums...just cut the beauty of his voice. so clear and beautiful! :wub2:

i totally agree with you...the reason i don't quite enjoy ELLE ME DIT is because he uses a sound effect (not sure what is called) which sounds to me like he talks on the phone and i can't hear his amazing voice :sneaky2:

i can only imagine how it would be to hear just his voice :wub2:...and nothing else :wub2::wub2:

Oh yes, I obviously thought about you first, but I thought maybe he was aspiring to be like Justin because he get's all the girls :das:

I get all the boys. I think that is more of his fancy:mf_rosetinted:

:swoon:

Haha, I'm not sure but I wanted to say your report was soo great and it looked like you had an incredible time ! :wub2:

Thank you! :biggrin2: and yes. i had such a great time that it's impossible to put into words. :wub2:

and really... would someone tell me the name of the guy at the keyboards? pleaaaaaaaaseeeeee? :biggrin2:

I heard somewhere that his name is Marcus, but that's all I know :teehee:

Gosh, I started writing the report in the afternoon, in a post here on MFC, I had already written about half of it and wanted to preview the post, but didn't see that my internet connection was going on and off... and suddenly I had this perplexed face for a minute cause I couldn't believe the page had crashed :hypo: I've been off MFC for the rest of the afternoon due to this, I felt very frustrated. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has posted the pics we managed to take when we (Diana, Daria and me, that is) met Cherisse, Ben and iMMa...

269615_10150245104269644_851754643_7069004_3183364_n.jpg

267513_10150245074969644_851754643_7068457_4095028_n.jpg

AAAND this is what I got from them...

268336_10150245249569644_851754643_7070576_2642583_n.jpg

There's a whole story behind this :teehee: but what I remember best is how shocked we were when we saw them behind us, we let them go ahead and didn't quite know what to do, then Daria decided to approach them while Diana & me were looking for our stuff to be signed... they ended up signing everything with my marker and I gave iMMa my gradebook to use as a prop while signing :loco: Cherisse was very talkative, I can't remember the conversation pretty well but I know she started talking about last summer's gig on the beach and we were all something like :fangurl: And Ben, well Ben turned out to be a really nice guy, plus he knows how to strike an interesting pose, as you can see in the pics above.

I would've loved that card to be signed by Mika as well, but as I wasn't on my own, I couldn't stay that much. Anyhow, even without his autograph the day has been already way better than I imagined, so it wasn't such a big deal in the end ;)

What I'm concerned about is the post gig depression, which I'm already experiencing and I think is directly proportional with the gig's awesomeness. All these little changes he made, they really made a difference and when you see all these thousands of people cheering and singing again, not giving a damn about the fact that it's pretty much the same concert as last year, I think that's a good proof that he's changed for the better.

PLUS we had Kick Ass and Elle Me Dit, I tell you, not a single B'estfest goer dared to hope for them! :bow:

Oh well... this has already turned into a proper report :drinks_wine: To sum up, the gig was brilliant. I had some doubts right after it ended, it was short, it seemed kinda rushed, but after a sober estimate I think the Mamaia concert doesn't even come close to this, and that's that.

Edited by petra_ale

"What I'm concerned about is the post gig depression, which I'm already experiencing and I think is directly proportional with the gig's awesomeness. All these little changes he made, they really made a difference and when you see all these thousands of people cheering and singing again, not giving a damn about the fact that it's pretty much the same concert as last year, I think that's a good proof that he's changed for the better.

PLUS we had Kick Ass and Elle Me Dit, I tell you, not a single B'estfest goer dared to hope for them!"

couldn't agree more, petra !! :thumb_yello:

PLUS we had Kick Ass and Elle Me Dit, I tell you, not a single B'estfest goer dared to hope for them! :bow:

aha! agree! and i thought i was being pessimistic while not hoping for those. :aah:

There's a whole story behind this :teehee: but what I remember best is how shocked we were when we saw them behind us, we let them go ahead and didn't quite know what to do, then Daria decided to approach them while Diana & me were looking for our stuff to be signed... they ended up signing everything with my marker and I gave iMMa my gradebook to use as a prop while signing :loco: Cherisse was very talkative, I can't remember the conversation pretty well but I know she started talking about last summer's gig on the beach and we were all something like :fangurl: And Ben, well Ben turned out to be a really nice guy, plus he knows how to strike an interesting pose, as you can see in the pics above.

I would've loved that card to be signed by Mika as well, but as I wasn't on my own, I couldn't stay that much. Anyhow, even without his autograph the day has been already way better than I imagined, so it wasn't such a big deal in the end ;)

What I'm concerned about is the post gig depression, which I'm already experiencing and I think is directly proportional with the gig's awesomeness. All these little changes he made, they really made a difference and when you see all these thousands of people cheering and singing again, not giving a damn about the fact that it's pretty much the same concert as last year, I think that's a good proof that he's changed for the better.

Oh well... this has already turned into a proper report :drinks_wine: To sum up, the gig was brilliant. I had some doubts right after it ended, it was short, it seemed kinda rushed, but after a sober estimate I think the Mamaia concert doesn't even come close to this, and that's that.

Haha, I remember you telling Cherisse "It's my marker, I feel so proud" and she was like "AWWWWW" :blush-anim-cl:

Your review is brilliant, you're right in every way. As for the post-mika-depression, I'm pretty concerned myself. Yesterday was a nightmare, I couldn't keep the gig out of my head and I basically cried all day. :tears:But looking at all these awesome pictures and reading other reports made this day much much better :biggrin2:

Miss you already girls :huglove:

Thank you all for your great reports! :biggrin2: and I love the picture with Imma, Cherisse and Ben!:thumb_yello:

I'll be a good girl, and write a report of Liege (this sunday):blush-anim-cl:

And I understand your amd (After Mikagig depression), my mum and I have that too the week after a gig.. it's terrible and your life seems so boring after a gig..:blink:

Right...Here's my report!

I don't know where to begin.I don't want to sound repetitive.:teehee: Me and Petra arrived in Bucharest at 6 AM in the morning and were greeted by the lovely Daria who took us at her place.We basically stood there listening to Mika songs so we could warm up a bit before the gig. We then went for a stroll around the town and finally, we took the special bus for B'estfest. We arrived there at about 1 PM and we saw 2 girls waiting in front of the main stage and we instantly figured out they were Mika fans xD So we went there and sat beside them, just waiting for the time to pass.We even met iMMa,Cherisse and Ben,but Darriah already told you that.It was so great and they were so lovely and chatty.:wub2: More and more MFCers arrived and by 6 PM the front row was almost complete. The 3 acts before Mika were kinda fun and I personally took it as a plus cause I didn't get bored to death.:naughty: I think it was 10:30 PM, just when the last band finished their set, when we saw Yasmine coming our way. At first I was like "Ok..Who is that woman and what is she doing here..OMG,wait is that Yasmine??:shocked: " I just couldn't believe my eyes, I kept saying to myself that it was almost impossible they would stick to the LG/BG thing at this gig... So when she asked us if we wanted to be on stage, my brain still didn't process the information, but I automatically said yes! xD

So we all went backstage and waited some time to get in and get dressed. In the meantime, we saw Mika from outside and we almost melted.:blush-anim-cl: He was wearing his gig outfit and my first thought was "OH YES HE FINALLY GOT RID OF THAT RED STRIPPED T-SHIRT!" (I'm sorry,Mika:naughty:). We eventually got in and started dressing up with Yasmine helping us all. She's such a lovely lady and she took good care of us.:wub2: We suddenly heard a voice singing Elle Me Dit and that's when our hearts stopped.No mic,no backup,no anything. Just his pure voice blasting through the room.:wub2:That's a moment I will never ever forget. When we were all ready, Yasmine said we could go back to our friends but that we should return when we heard WAG. So we did,not after we hardly made our way back to the front row, stepping on people who were laying on the ground. And then there was Mika! My God, it was such a thrill seeing him in action again after almost 1 year! The first 3 songs were a bit rushed, I still don't know why, he almost didn't stop for a breath in between them xD Anyway, the crowd went nuts and we were basically glued to the railing... But it was amazing seeing so many people happy and singing along to every single song. We were afraid we couldn't get out of the crowd so after about 5 or 6 songs we went to the right side of the stage, where there were less people, less crazy people.We watched the rest of the gig from there, screaming our lungs out (especially at Kick Ass and Elle Me Dit, the 2 highlights of the gig) and getting weird faces from guys sitting on the grass. We finally heard WAG and rushed behind the stage. We saw Yasmine and went ON stage, behind the flower thingie so that she could give us the wigs. She struggled a bit with my wig as it didn't fit my head. I said something like "I'm sorry,what can I do,my head's just big" and she started laughing.:naughty: Lollipop came next and me and the girls had EXCITEMENT written all over our faces. When Yasmine shouted "GO GO GO!", I was the first to step on the stage. It was overwhelming, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be there, in front of so many people,dancing and singing and having a great time.:wub2: It all ended pretty quick and before we knew it, we took the final bow (I was standing next to Cherisse and Ben). We went backstage again to undress and Ruxi (I remember it was her, I might be wrong) asked Yasmine about the m&g and told her that all MFCers were waiting outside. She said we should give her our stuff for Mika to sign and that was all. She left and came back with our stuff and said that it was time for us to go. I guess it was her way of saying there would be no m&g... Anyway, she thanked us a million times, we thanked her a million times too, and off we went. Outside, MFCers congratulated us and asked if there would be any m&g. We didn't really know what to answer and we suggested to wait a bit. We waited for about an hour, I guess? and then we decided to go as it was soooo cold and we were all tired. The next day we found out he eventually came out to sign some stuff but I really can't complain because I had the time of my life.

All in all, the gig was brilliant and we couldn't ask for more.And it wasn't just because I got to be a LG. What made it so special, was the whole atmosphere around it, the awesome crowd who were singing and cheering from the start right to the end, and of course, Mika, who was so lovely and charming and *insert other 23746387 adjectives here*

So... Thank you,Mika, for coming back to Romania and kicking ass! :wub2::biggrin2:

:mf_rosetinted:as i promised i will try to post a review,but first of all,please,forgive my rough english...

So,i think i was the first person on MFC what i've heard that Mika will come again in Romania (thanks to my dear friend Rhea,a Tokio Hotel fan,She sent me a SMS as soon as she saw this news about Mika,Love you,Rhea!).

Right after i received her SMS i started to call all my MFC's friends that i have in my phonebook .I was so excited ( i'm sure that my colleagues were a little bit scared of my reactions :sneaky2: ),only Vanessa respond me ,B!anca was in the class...however,the madness began!

:mf_rosetinted:My husband was most "happy man in the world " when i told him that Mika will come again in Romania!But ,still ,i must should be grateful that he come with me at this gig ,he has driving almost 500 km until at Bucharest and another 500 km back home.I can't be mad about him even if ,because of him,i lost, this year, m&g ,after we waiting almost 1 hour ....this is it,i hope we will have more luck next time :wink2:

So,back on the GIG review....i arrived at Bestfest about 17:00 after we driving over a field :boxed: (my husband did a funny face at me and told me :"will they gonna bring "your Mika" on this road? " - yes,why not? the organizers have made a new road ,especially for Bestfest ):biggrin2:

After we passed the gate we went right at the main stage where Mika will gonna have the show,i was interested nothing in the rest,i wanted only to find my MFC'rs and to get the first row!:biggrin2:

:wub2:Of course ,my girls where there already : my curly hair ,Vanessa,my beautiful B!anca and his awesome mom,Petra,Ruxi ,Madeline has come later ,and there i met for the first time my sweet Catalinutza79 :wub2:,i'm pretty sure that i forgot to mention many others of you,so please ,forgive me!(Dianaa,Cherisse and her mom ,and our "god pics" Adda ).Reviewing with all the "Mamaia" girls was so :wub2: full of good and nice memories ,thank you ,my girls!

The Mika show supposed to be started at midnight if they will respect the line-up (fortunately it happened!) so we all enjoyed the other shows on main stage without to leave our "first line" places!

The first show was Suie Paparude - an interesting romanian band ,too bad that their bass almost ruined our stomach (((,although their songs sound interesting

After Suie Paparude show we had almost an hour break to recover it and then started ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION show!this one was more interesting ,and i think ,all of us really enjoyed with them!

I'm pretty sure their drummer has a crush on Bianca's mom ))))

well,after Asian Dub Fundation show ,we had another break until Mika show started.All of us were so nervous ,excited ,no one wanted to leave his place even if it should go at toilet ,it's amazing how an "energy" like this can keep you ready only for the SHOW!

B!anca brought her banner (MFC IS HERE! and we started to stick it on the protective fence (i really don't know how it calls )

Adda brought the last year banner from Mamaia Gig with If Albert Is golden,So Are we!

Around 23:00 Yasmine has come on the first row,She has read the banners with a funny face and started to ask for the Lollipop and Big Girls .I was too shy to go for a Big Girl,but ,thanks God,i was inspired to give her my gift for Mika ( i didn't want him to know that is from me,i just wanted him to receive a gift from Romania)

Here is my gift and i hope he liked,at least he likes to collect the dolls!

http://nicoletagenoveva.iimmgg.com/gallery/gb0df93c3b5a2d693254a772bbf3da5ee/

After i gave her my gift ,i was less stressed and i really enjoyed the Gig!

Here are my pics (not that beautiful like yours but i did it my best)

http://nicoletagenoveva.iimmgg.com/gallery/g40b4183dedc62d726d213f0b946a5d61/

The playlist was this

01 - Relax,Take It Easy

02 - Big Girl (You are beautiful)

03 - Stuck In The Middle

04 - Dr.John

05 - Blue Eyes

06 - Billy Brown

07 - Touches You

08 - Rain (with a new intro by iMMa)

09 - Blame It On The Girls

10 - Kick - Ass

11 - Happy Ending

12 - Love Today

13 - Elle Me Dit (first audition)

14 - We Are Golden

15 - Grace Kelly

encore

16 - Lollipop

i'm pretty sure about it because i recorded few bits from every song only for this (i will post a video summary later /again ,sorry for the quality of the video!)

hmm,my first impression ,when he started to sing ,was that he doesn't feel good ,i mean it wasn't like on Mamaia Gig at all (Vanessa knows better - The Mamaia Gig was so special ,like nothing before,only if you already went at this gig you will understand me ).However,i think he was sincerely surprised ,in a good way,that the crowd sang every song of him (less his new Elle Me Dit,and i must say that this song surprised me too,i didn't liked before to hear it live !).The highlight of the show,i think ,it was Happy Ending!My goodness,the crowd did the best!Mika rerun the end of the song and let the crowd to sing alone!It was really amazing!

I think you can see it in this video

better in this video

after this song He really started the SHOW!He got shirtless on next song ( Love Today) and everybody goes nuts!

well,i can't skip to mention that Rain had a new and awesome intro by iMMa!In fact ,iMMa was the real SHOW GIRL !She rocked so hard from the beginning and i'm so glad that she is still part of Mika band!

Mika sang for us his new song ,Elle Me Dit.I was impressed about it because i thought he will keep it for the french festival,but he didn't ,and i must say that the song sound much,much better live !

I think these are pretty all about this Show.I'm sorry that my rough english doesn't permit me to say everything what i felt .

oh,yes,i must mention that near of me "appeared" a new MFC member ,Daniel.He took really amazing pics (i have spy him over the whole concert ) and i hope he will overcome his shyness and he will post them !

And i must mention our already "famous" Big Girl - Ruxi !She rocked the stage ,as everybody saw it!Congratulations ,sweetie!I'm pretty sure Mr.M liked your dance !

About M&G ,i posted in my previous post ,so doesn't need to mention once again,only that i hope someday i will get an autograph from Mika himself.

P.S.

This time my husband saw the whole Mika show (last year at Mamaia ,he couldn't overcome his jealousy and he left the gig right after Mika started playing ),so i have another motive to forgive him that i lost my M&G .

He feels now so guilty because we left the Bestfest after an hour of waiting and Mika came after an hour and half....next time he will have more patience,i'm pretty sure !:sneaky2:

Edited by nicoleta

:mf_lustslow:i saw on this thread that someone took the pics at this short and late m&g (not these http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3501301&postcount=64 ),could you upload your picture with Mika,pretty please?!..i tried to find her post (she has this picture on her ava ) ,but i can't find it :boxed:

Hey, I think it's me cause I'm one of the lucky girls who took picture with this gorgeous creature aka Mika. Sorry i'm late... I just saw your post. :)

We were waiting for him for one hour and half and finally he came out thanks to a nice bodyguard who told him we were there.

So, he came out and said to us it's gonna be hard to take pictures haha (he seemed to be very tired), that's why we didn't ask him for a group picture.

While he was signing our autographs, I asked him for a picture and he said "yeah"...

Then we thanked him for coming out to see us, I held his hand and said to him "Please come back to Romania, we love you so much"... "Next time when you'll come here please sing "I want you back" cover. He was a bit confused and I said "Michael Jackson's song" so he was like "Ohhhh... yeah".

He was so sweet and we were all shocked when he came out...

So, this is my photo with Mika:

dscn98612.jpg

Edited by Harajuku

So, this is my photo with Mika:

dscn98612.jpg

What a lovely photo! :wub2:

Thanks to all of you girls for sharing your experiences so generously!

Those of us stuck at home far away from these European festivals thank

you mightily! You rock! :thumb_yello:

Thank you <3

Oh, I hate days after concerts... I feel depressed. :tears:

aww,my sweetie,i'm so sorry for you!did you went at Mamaia too?

i'm not depressed at all,i think it's because of Mamaia Gig from last year (nothing can compare with it,sorry!)

however,look here my awful videos...

default.jpg

2011.07.02 - Bestfest,Bucharest - Mika

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS5o7u2tm7c

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjpuxr_20...rest-mika_music

default.jpg

2011.07.02 - Bestfest ,Bucharest - Mika Elle Me Dit (first audition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGLXCQ4tYDQ...n_order&list=UL

edit:

another lucky fan

260036_10150253450379329_753429328_7.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150253450379329&set=o.104022246333732&type=1&ref=nf

Edited by nicoleta