2011 - MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a thought.... I think it wouldn´t be fair if he just release this song in France...

Yes, true, it's such an amazing song, it's worth being released worldwide.

This new song with Ida is so....Mika!

Well , i am not found about "Elle me dit" , i must admit that i have tears on my face : their duo is magic.:tears:

Exactly my thoughts. :wub2:

Pinckell just tweeted a link to the english new song :wub2: Thanks Fanny!

pinkcell29 fanny

test 1 http://www.sendspace.com/file/dkq44m

Okay, now that's a bit disappointing. It's plain boring and to be honest Ida's voice together with Mika irritates me a lot here. That flawless operatic sterility is just unnecessary thick camouflage on the warmth of Mika's lower voice. If necessary, I'd prefer him to sing it alone. I think this song needs simplicity.

It seems to me that Mika is such good friends with Ida that he wants to include her in his shows whenever possible. It didn't work out last year in Stockholm when she was supposed to sing Happy Ending with him. Because she seems out of her comfort zone when she can't do it opera style.

They found a good solution for that when she performed Good Gone Girl with him at the following shows, though.

But for this new song, I vote no.

no time for big report now, we're in liege in the hotel foyer because our room is only ready from 2pm, and already getting curious looks here. :naughty: anyway, i loved the outfits, i think mika looked fab, also his hair (though i know some don't agree with me there, right statue? :naughty:), and martin too, and imma... wonderful outfits! :wub2:

first, what i didn't like so much was that mika didn't play piano at all. :-( i also had the feeling that he was more quickly exhausted because he kept running around all the time instead of sitting down at the piano for a few songs. he was in a great mood though, making jokes and all. :roftl:

before he sang that weather song, he first talked in french but forgot the french words and continued in english, ending with sth like "ok, i'll sing one song, and then another one!" :lmfao:

and he killed the band during LT not with a gun this time, but with a rapier (is that the right word? that thing the musketeers use. :naughty:).

i loved both new songs, especially karen - not just because it sounds like my name :naughty: (although mariposa told me that the lyrics are something i wouldn't want to be written about me! :roftl:), but because it's just a fab song! :fangurl: ... and that's although it's in french. :teehee: but i also loved that weather song, such a beautiful ballad! :wub2: the piano bits sound like a christmas song, i can totally imagine that to be a christmas single!

and of course i also loved elle me dit live, mika was on fire!

he signed autographs after the show, but didn't stop for long with anyone, since there was quite a crowd.

oh, and it seems that during the biotg singing-competition he mentioned my german flag which i had waved before (i actually wanted to buy a pompom with german colours, but since i couldn't find one i bought the flag instead and wrote we are golden on it)... but i didn't get it, damn language barriers! :aah:

ok my battery's almost empty now, will be back tomorrow. ;-)

Okay, now that's a bit disappointing. It's plain boring and to be honest Ida's voice together with Mika irritates me a lot here. That flawless operatic sterility is just unnecessary thick camouflage on the warmth of Mika's lower voice. If necessary, I'd prefer him to sing it alone. I think this song needs simplicity.

It seems to me that Mika is such good friends with Ida that he wants to include her in his shows whenever possible. It didn't work out last year in Stockholm when she was supposed to sing Happy Ending with him. Because she seems out of her comfort zone when she can't do it opera style.

They found a good solution for that when she performed Good Gone Girl with him at the following shows, though.

+1

:boxed:

In this white outfit he reminds me of Blackadder the Third. But it's great, cause I really like Hugh in this role.:teehee:

Blackadder-the-Third-hugh-laurie-11589570-305-244.gif

Oh my God I just listened (still listening actually) to his duet with Ida and I think it's absolutely amazing. God I'm in awe. :mf_lustslow: I don't even care about the recycled title, the music is just amazing and their voices sound sublime together.

Do you think that Ida did this new Blame it on the Weather song for the album? Hm.. I don't think so.:wags_finger: I was just wondering who did it?:das:

Edited by nenartus

In this white outfit he reminds me of Blackadder the Third. But it's great, cause I really like Hugh in this role.:teehee:

Blackadder-the-Third-hugh-laurie-11589570-305-244.gif

Do you think that Ida did this new Karen song for the album? Hm.. I don't think so.:wags_finger: I was just wondering who did it?:das:

I think you mean "Blame it on the weather" because that's how the duet with Ida is called :teehee:. Well I doubt she is/will be the one on the record, but as far as for the live performance I think she sounds just perfect. I would like her to be on the album, but I don't think it's her who will be recorded with him though.

just posted a few pics on my twitter...

pic 1 - Shake it

pic 2

pic 3 - Mika & Ben

pic 4 - M&G

The show was GREAT! I really enjoyed every minute of it and i really like the 2 new songs we got, too (82 rue des martyrs/karen and blame it on the weather).

At the soundcheck we could hear another new song...I can't remember the lyrics, but I loved the melody. Sadly, we didn't get this one later at the show then...looks like we need to be patient.

Elle me dit is such a fun song live! With everybody shouting "pourquoi tu gâches ta vie?" in his face :teehee:

the costumes + decoration + venue were lovely - such a beautiful setting! Really special! Martin was so rocking his outfit :thumb_yello:

Glad I went to this gig. :biggrin2:

I don't wanna go on about the more or less catastrophic organistaion of the queuing etc....But things like that do happen. Still, it could have been done in a much better way.

There were so many people waiting after the show to see Mika. So i decided to watch the whole thing from the third row :) -I was so happy to see him smiling the whole time. Makes me happy to know that he enjoyed this special show, too.

Edited by mariposa

I tend to agree with you here. Moreover, they sound a bit out of date, like I've been listening some old good duet from Eurovision songs back then:dunno: I only love the part when Mika sings low terza to her main mellody. Lyrics not bad though, pretty romantic.:teehee:

The collaboration with Imogene ("By the Time") was something for my taste and I'm so sorry he has never performed it with her live.:aah:

I think you mean "Blame it on the weather" because that's how the duet with Ida is called :teehee:. Well I doubt she is/will be the one on the record, but as far as for the live performance I think she sounds just perfect. I would like her to be on the album, but I don't think it's her who will be recorded with him though.

Changed it already. My mind is not functioning well. To much information to digest. And emotions.

And the question is WHO is going to sing it on album? :blink: What do you think?

Holy everything, this song is so beautiful I fell in love with it at the first listening. :blush-anim-cl: I think this is "Karen", right? I think I heard "Karen dit.." a couple times haha.

I like the melody but oh how I wish he would stick to singing in English!:emot-sad:

I agree!

It sounded really strange....:blink:

I tend to agree with you here. Moreover, they sound a bit out of date, like I've been listening some old good duet from Eurovision songs back then:dunno: I only love the part when Mika sings low terza to her main mellody. Lyrics not bad though, pretty romantic.:teehee:

The collaboration with Imogene ("By the Time") was something for my taste and I'm so sorry he has never performed it with her live.:aah:

Hello my serbian neighbor! You mean Dado an Sladzana? :wink2::lmfao:

Hello my serbian neighbor! You mean Dado an Sladzana? :wink2::lmfao:

Hi there! :huglove: Happy to see more and more MFCRs from our country.:biggrin2:

Yes, exactly something like that :aah:The duet from 80.tees.

Maybe something will be changed in the final production of the song.:wink2:

Edited by Shine