REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

MY OH MY, these new photos are out of this world :mf_lustslow:. However, what's up with that photo of Meeks and that lady? Is it from this gig or something? I mean, that hairstyle of his looks quite 2010ish, I'd say :teehee:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These photographs are fantastic. I got such a good vibe from this gig! I was not really digging the costumes but someone mentioned Mr. Darcy coming out of the lake in another thread and I'm a sucker for Mr. Darcy :teehee:

One thing: Mika, please stop the LICM songs now. Relax you can keep, GK too, but the other ones, it's time to move on

Yes I feel the same except for Happy Ending. That was never a favourite of mine on the album but it is so spectacular live. I guess you're right though, if he had a third album of songs as brilliant as LICM then maybe something could replace HE.

He could alternate songs like SITM and Touches You, etc. and play them different nights. The regular crowd won't care because they are not going to see Mika for these songs and the hardcores will get a different setlist every night and still get to hear their old favourites occassionally.

True that, but I don't want him to ever stop singing Billy Brown. EVER

I'm not a fan of BB, but this is the problem. Mika has so many styles that we all have different favourites so it's hard to axe any particular song. :aah:

So he and Ida wrote the song together when they were younger....well, that explains a thing or two!:roftl:

Indeed, puts it in a bit of perspective. Maybe this should be a bonus/hidden track on the English album, like Over My Shoulder was on LICM? Although I suppose it is the epitome of the "love" theme.

Mika came out in a van with Ida and a bunch of friends and obviously didn't expect us waiting there. And he was positively surprised. He called the MFC "my old friends" and was very relaxed. At one point he tried to get together all the nations that were there. He was pretty good in that. And as I stood in the front he tried to guess my nationality as well but didn't know :naughty: I told him and thought that this was the first time ever I got the impression that he noticed me. Well, that sounds pathetic. Anyway, I was really happy in that moment :biggrin2:

This sounds really really lovely. I'm so glad to hear these kinds of reports and can't wait to see Mellody's videos too. :wub2:

MY OH MY, these new photos are out of this world :mf_lustslow:. However, what's up with that photo of Meeks and that lady? Is it from this gig or something? I mean, that hairstyle of his looks quite 2010ish, I'd say :teehee:

Yes I thought this pic looks like it's from another era too. I guess there was a party backstage which is why everyone had to wait 3 hours? :dunno:

Almost wanted to start with a Goodmorning, but I realise it's way past morning! It was such a great, unforgettable day end evening/night! But Gosh, my feet hurt, and am sooooo tired! Gone to bed at 05.30 end awake at 9.30 again!

Now we spent our day at Biekjes place, having a nice BBQ tonight, and then off home!

For now I have one nice piccie from the M&G:

DSC00362.jpg

There are many nice pictures I have, gonna put them on the internet tomorrow!

For now I want so say a big Thank You to all the fans I've met or seen again yesterday! Was really nice to see you all! Am always glad to have the faces that belong to a name!

And of course a huge Thank You for Mika and his band for a wunderful show!

Almost wanted to start with a Goodmorning, but I realise it's way past morning! It was such a great, unforgettable day end evening/night! But Gosh, my feet hurt, and am sooooo tired! Gone to bed at 05.30 end awake at 9.30 again!

Now we spent our day at Biekjes place, having a nice BBQ tonight, and then off home!

DSC00362.jpg

For now I want so say a big Thank You to all the fans I've met or seen again yesterday! Was really nice to see you all! Am always glad to have the faces that belong to a name!

Such a nice pic:fangurl:

DSC00362.jpg

aaaauw :wub2: such a shame we missed that!

ah well..I'll meet him one day...maybe in a bar in Paris *cough*:mf_rosetinted:

It was in one word: AMAZINGGG!!!!

i had a GREAT day at Les ardentes. at 11:30 am we arrived at the meeting point where we saw jojotje61 and annemaaikie..after a small break we drove to the second meeting point to pick up biekje. we had already lot's of fun in the car.. singing Mika songs together very LOUD and we laughed a lot.

At 2:30 pm we arrived in Liege and we could park the car near to the entrance.. that was NICEEE!!! :D..YAYYY we arriveddd!!! and felt a bit nervous when i was finally there :D.. we felt like monkeys or something.. cos every single person was watching us.. (cos we looked weird? haha LOL) it was very funny.. cos they could see that we are MIKA fans. when we arrived at the stage we saw free places at the front row of the stage!!! so yeah we were FRONT ROW!!! on the right side.. PERFECT!!! then i began to rain.. it was not cold.. only a bit of rain till 5 pm and then the sun was back again.. WOEHOE!!!

We felt very famous that day.. i think the press made 50 pics of us (at least) and they filmed us for 3 times or something.. i really felt very famous hahaha.. that was so much fun!!! when i looked at the right i saw a camera.. when i looked to the left i also saw a camera.. it was weird but SO MUCH FUN!!! already found some pics :D..

http://twitpic.com/5ojj1a

after long long long waiting, mika finally came on stage.. WOW!!! it was so magical.. all looked like a fairytale.. it was sooo beautiful! and Mika looked sooo pretty in his beautiful white suit.. Like a prince. :D.. i LOVED the new songs.. especially "blame it on the weather"..i cried at that song.. it was so beautiful that there came tears out of my eyes! after the big show we went home.. it was very late and we needed to drive for 2,5 hours. so there was no time to meet mika.. a bit sad.. but we met him for so many times.. so it was ok for this time.. i had the time of my life.. it was an AMAZING night!.. and when i saw mika's tweet after the gig i felt even more happy :)..

Already miss him! can't wait till the next gig!!! :D..

DSC00362.jpg

aaaauw :wub2: such a shame we missed that!

ah well..I'll meet him one day...maybe in a bar in Paris *cough*:mf_rosetinted:

indeed, all for a train that got cancelled...

i do love our trainsystem:mf_rosetinted:

It was in one word: AMAZINGGG!!!!

i had a GREAT day at Les ardentes. at 11:30 am we arrived at the meeting point where we saw jojotje61 and annemaaikie..after a small break we drove to the second meeting point to pick up biekje. we had already lot's of fun in the car.. singing Mika songs together very LOUD and we laughed a lot.

At 2:30 pm we arrived in Liege and we could park the car near to the entrance.. that was NICEEE!!! :D..YAYYY we arriveddd!!! and felt a bit nervous when i was finally there :D.. we felt like monkeys or something.. cos every single person was watching us.. (cos we looked weird? haha LOL) it was very funny.. cos they could see that we are MIKA fans. when we arrived at the stage we saw free places at the front row of the stage!!! so yeah we were FRONT ROW!!! on the right side.. PERFECT!!! then i began to rain.. it was not cold.. only a bit of rain till 5 pm and then the sun was back again.. WOEHOE!!!

We felt very famous that day.. i think the press made 50 pics of us (at least) and they filmed us for 3 times or something.. i really felt very famous hahaha.. that was so much fun!!! when i looked at the right i saw a camera.. when i looked to the left i also saw a camera.. it was weird but SO MUCH FUN!!! already found some pics :D..

http://twitpic.com/5ojj1a

after long long long waiting, mika finally came on stage.. WOW!!! it was so magical.. all looked like a fairytale.. it was sooo beautiful! and Mika looked sooo pretty in his beautiful white suit.. Like a prince. :D.. i LOVED the new songs.. especially "blame it on the weather"..i cried at that song.. it was so beautiful that there came tears out of my eyes! after the big show we went home.. it was very late and we needed to drive for 2,5 hours. so there was no time to meet mika.. a bit sad.. but we met him for so many times.. so it was ok for this time.. i had the time of my life.. it was an AMAZING night!.. and when i saw mika's tweet after the gig i felt even more happy :)..

Already miss him! can't wait till the next gig!!! :D..

I've seen your banner on a website or in some photos around this thread, I can't remember exactly, and I thought "Oh my gosh, what a great banner! They must've put a lot of work into it!". Now really, it looks amazing, you did a great job with it! Glad you had a good time at the gig :wub2:

I've seen your banner on a website or in some photos around this thread, I can't remember exactly, and I thought "Oh my gosh, what a great banner! They must've put a lot of work into it!". Now really, it looks amazing, you did a great job with it! Glad you had a good time at the gig :wub2:

hahahaha yes... it's a GREAT banner!!! patricia4u made it for some years ago.. LOVE the banner!!! :D..

Yes I thought this pic looks like it's from another era too. I guess there was a party backstage which is why everyone had to wait 3 hours? :dunno:

yeah i guess so, that would also explain the pic of mika with that girl who's holding a wine glass.

Am on the train+just watched my m+g video, unfortunately I had zoomed in, so sometimes you just see his shirt or so. :aah: I think jazzy has filmed the first 1-2 minutes and then I started filming,dunno if she also kept filming then? :dunno: hope someone has a better video than me, but in any case I'll try to upload it tonight. ;)

Btw, loved how towards the end he said sth like 'I love seeing all of you all over again! ' :wub2:

And if I understood it right, he finds his red hair colour disgusting.:naughty: I didn't understand the question though,just someone told me later that this was what his comment was about.

Archived