REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

Oh my... what a wonderfull show! :wub:

I missed the reports and videos of the gig in Compiègne, so the show was such a surprise to me. I loved the set and the costumes, so beautiful! The whole act was amazing, even though I didn't really understand the French talking parts (this festival confirmed it agaig... my French is terrible).

The three new songs were lovely, everyone went crazy on 'Ellle me dit'. I was on the fifth row, almost in the center of the stage and everyone was singing the chorus. I really loved the atmosphere! The rest of the setlist was quite predictable, but it's a festival so I didn't expect him to play the 'less famous songs' he normally plays on his tour.

I liked the band members, they did a great job and it sounded great. The only thing I noticed was, that the show was less smooth; Mika needed to guidance the band more than normally. But it was no problem to me; I think it's quite normal with 'new band members'. Imma and Cherisse were energetic as always. Only the amplifier of the base drum gave a weird sound at the place were I was standing... a bit blurry.

I had a great festival day! I walked around a lot and enjoyed other bands; Puggy was great. Is there anyone that saw Agnes Obel? I missed here because I was trying to get to the front at the main stage.

I spotted some Mika fans on my walk. I didn't meet a lot of you... and maybe I did meet and didn't notice (next time I'll ask for your pictures at the 'before the concert' thread). If someone spoke to me in French, the only thing I could say, was: 'Je ne parle pas Francais' :teehee: So sorry, if I wasn't that wordy.

I made a group pic at the end of the concert, but I have no idea if it were MFC'ers. I was wearing my own designed Mika shirt (photo), maybe someone recognizes. The M&G, was too late for me! I waited some time and then left home; I had to get up early today. I live in a daze today... I'm still excited!

Can't wait to see you at the next gig!

Will upload Mika pictures later on:

100_1144.jpg

100_1143.jpg

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad you are posting all the pics on here, Priscilla. I have been trying to keep one step ahead of you updating the first page with the pro shots and every time I look back there are heaps more, but they are GREAT:wub2:

I'm so glad you are posting all the pics on here, Priscilla. I have been trying to keep one step ahead of you updating the first page with the pro shots and every time I look back there are heaps more, but they are GREAT:wub2:

I know, I'm totally surprised there are so many :teehee: But I'm happy there are, it's such a beautiful set/theme for photos :wub2:

Short video of Happy Ending

Two videos, quite far:

Rain -

Grace Kelly -

Elle Me Dit by Dutchgirlie

Relax and dr. John by our own fouchonneret

Karen by naunauUSA

Karen by Biekjuh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9YY2CeI6M0

A short video of the blame it on the girls intro by Flair (yes the magazine :lmfao:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5O6oNXLMw&feature=channel_video_title

I know, I'm totally surprised there are so many :teehee: But I'm happy there are, it's such a beautiful set/theme for photos :wub2:

so true, i already loved it when i saw some vids and pics from compiègne, but seeing it for real on stage, that's even better:wub2::wub2::wub2:

I'm sooooooo tired!! :blink::teehee:

after the gig I went straight home for one hour because I had to work early! So I haven't slept until a few hours ago ^^

I just want to say it was great, as always. I'm not a fan of elle me dit, but I really loved blame it on the weather! It just... surprised me! I mean in a positive way =)

Can't write anything good now, but I heard there was a meet and greet? How, where, when was it? ^^

and then it's time for my pics :biggrin2:

only a few though, since I've got the worst camera ever :aah:

I could only take 2 pics of the gig since for some reason I ended up with a blue blur everytime :aah:

HPIM1256.JPG

HPIM1258.JPG

awwwwwwww my 2 sweeties!!!!!!!!!!

:huglove:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how i wish i was there:wub2:

And more for the dutch speaking fans :)..

http://www.livexs.nl/2011/frontpage/24604/les-ardentes-2011-dag-4-mika-verzorgt-een-zomerdag-om-te-koesteren/

En dan is het wachten op Mika die deze zachte zomerdag mag afsluiten. Hij wint alvast de prijs van het origineelste decor want het podium is volledig omgebouwd tot een achttiende eeuws adellijk paleis getooid met talloze replica’s van bekende kunstwerken. De weelderige lusters maken het geheel nog iets absurder. Even later blijkt dat ook alle groepsleden de typische klederdracht én pruiken uit die tijd dragen. The show must go on! Maar Mika steelt die show gelukkig eveneens met zijn vocale prestaties. Hij komt bijzonder scherp en gevat uit de hoek en speelt zowat al zijn hits, aangezien hij midden in de opnamesessies van zijn derde studioalbum The Origin Of Love zit. Daaruit brengt hij o.a. Bar 82 dat hij volledig in het Frans zingt, een taal die hij overigens bijzonder goed beheerst. Op een bepaald moment moeten we even aan de flair van Prince denken, alhoewel ‘his Purple Goddess’ natuurlijk nog wel een aantal treden hoger op de superstar-ladder staat. Maar wat Mika hier toont, getuigt zonder twijfel van grote klasse. Les Ardentes haalde hem exclusief naar België en daar mag promotor Fabrice Lamproye best fier op zijn. De voorbereidingen van editie 2012 mogen trouwens starten… Tekst Ruud Van De Locht; Foto’s Patsie Borgers

Setlist MIKA - FESTIVAL LES ARDENTES 2011 (according to the official facebook page) :

1. Relax, Take It Easy

2. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

3. Stuck in the middle

4. Dr. John

5. Blue Eyes

6. Billy Brown

7. Karen

8. Blame It On The Weather

9. Rain

10. Blame it on the girls

11. Kick ass

12. Happy Ending

13. Love Today

14. Elle me dit

15. We Are Golden

16. Grace Kelly

17. Lollipop

EDIT: This is not correct apparently, will edit as we get the real one as it happened

it didn't end with lollipop, he 'ended' it, but then came back and sang 2 more songs. But I can't remember which songs :naughty:

it didn't end with lollipop, he 'ended' it, but then came back and sang 2 more songs. But I can't remember which songs :naughty:

lollipop was the last song, i'm quite sure, and before that he sang Blame it on the weather

those were the two encores

And more for the dutch speaking fans :)..

http://www.livexs.nl/2011/frontpage/24604/les-ardentes-2011-dag-4-mika-verzorgt-een-zomerdag-om-te-koesteren/

En dan is het wachten op Mika die deze zachte zomerdag mag afsluiten. Hij wint alvast de prijs van het origineelste decor want het podium is volledig omgebouwd tot een achttiende eeuws adellijk paleis getooid met talloze replica’s van bekende kunstwerken. De weelderige lusters maken het geheel nog iets absurder. Even later blijkt dat ook alle groepsleden de typische klederdracht én pruiken uit die tijd dragen. The show must go on! Maar Mika steelt die show gelukkig eveneens met zijn vocale prestaties. Hij komt bijzonder scherp en gevat uit de hoek en speelt zowat al zijn hits, aangezien hij midden in de opnamesessies van zijn derde studioalbum The Origin Of Love zit. Daaruit brengt hij o.a. Bar 82 dat hij volledig in het Frans zingt, een taal die hij overigens bijzonder goed beheerst. Op een bepaald moment moeten we even aan de flair van Prince denken, alhoewel ‘his Purple Goddess’ natuurlijk nog wel een aantal treden hoger op de superstar-ladder staat. Maar wat Mika hier toont, getuigt zonder twijfel van grote klasse. Les Ardentes haalde hem exclusief naar België en daar mag promotor Fabrice Lamproye best fier op zijn. De voorbereidingen van editie 2012 mogen trouwens starten… Tekst Ruud Van De Locht; Foto’s Patsie Borgers

Maybe the dutch speaking fans could try and give us an idea about what is written there...? :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you all for your reports and these awesome pictures, too.

Has anyone recorded Blame it On the Weather, btw?

I'd like to listen to a new version of it if possible.:teehee:

i did, but i think quality will not be good enough, sorry :huh:

Thank you all for your reports and these awesome pictures, too.

Has anyone recorded Blame it On the Weather, btw?

I'd like to listen to a new version of it if possible.:teehee:

:roftl:

Archived