2011 - MIKA @ Festival Mares Vivas, Oporto, Portugal 16 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Fmbm

No need to say, all the reviews are extremely positive,as always. Both from the press and the audience! :wub2:

Sounds amazing, everything I have read so far. Well, apart from the Sudoeste picture-related stuff :aah: However, it's good that you managed to talk to the man himself and figure out whether or not there's any chance you'll ever get the photo. I'm not sure he has much of an idea about that though, so perhaps that photo will be in your hands one day :mf_rosetinted::glasses2:

Just before Mika got on stage, the photographers were getting ready, and we were chatting to one of them, when the band came on stage. She was like "is this Mika? Which one of them is Mika? :shocked: Please warn me when he appears, I have never seen him and they're all in costumes!!!" :lmfao:

OMG! :roftl:

I really liked the red streak in everyone's hair. Good idea! The pics are great. Did Rose make that flag especially for Portugal?

As I said, it was a proper M&G and a dream one.

I think it is confusing for people to hear stories like yours about real M&Gs and then everyone saying night after night that there is a "M&G". There is a whole different set of expectations that goes along with each of these scenarios. It's not the same thing at all.

Sounds amazing, everything I have read so far. Well, apart from the Sudoeste picture-related stuff :aah:

Yes Mary what is up with that? I thought Maria had the pics and it was all sorted. :aah: :aah:

I got so excited when Imma told me in January that she had some pics from the day we were painting the planets but when we followed up with her later it turned out she didn't have them. :no::crybaby:

Sounds amazing, everything I have read so far. Well, apart from the Sudoeste picture-related stuff :aah: However, it's good that you managed to talk to the man himself and figure out whether or not there's any chance you'll ever get the photo. I'm not sure he has much of an idea about that though, so perhaps that photo will be in your hands one day :mf_rosetinted::glasses2:

Who knows! :aah: Maria told me "ask someone from the family, the guy who took the pic was probably a friend of the Pennimans".

Well...I did! I asked a Penniman...probably not the right one, but the only I could find! :lmfao:

OMG! :roftl:

I really liked the red streak in everyone's hair. Good idea! The pics are great. Did Rose make that flag especially for Portugal?

The red hair thing was Ingie's idea! :bow:

Yep, Rose made that flag especially for this gig, using the colours of the portuguese flag! :wub2: Mommy Penguin rocks!

Yes Mary what is up with that? I thought Maria had the pics and it was all sorted. :aah: :aah:

I got so excited when Imma told me in January that she had some pics from the day we were painting the planets but when we followed up with her later it turned out she didn't have them. :no::crybaby:

It's fiendish not to be able to get hold of photos like this, isn't it?? :aah:

Poor Mary had her picture taken when he was a BG in Sudoeste, just as well as I had mine taken in Romania last year. Maria only managed to find our group photo and Mary's photo is still hanging somewhere. It was killer to wait for so many months for A GROUP PHOTO but at least I have it now, unlike Mary :no: I strongly hope she'll get it though.

Well...I did! I asked a Penniman...probably not the right one, but the only I could find! :lmfao:

Ahahaha :roftl: poor Meeks he is like stuck in the middle having no idea about what happens in his backstage.

Edited by Cherisse

Really love the lighting at these shows. The pics are beautiful.

Mika can stop wearing tights now though. This isn't a production of Amadeus. :naughty:

And I thought I was the only one that strangely associated this whole set with Mozart and especially Amadeus (the play and movie a little). Well, considering that I am a sucker for Mozart, you can tell why this setting is like a dream come true :aah:

No it's not supposed to be the same which is why I was not very impressed with what happened at the points gig M&G. But that's another story I'm sure no one wants me to get into. :naughty:

Superstar touched on it in her gig report. We had a proper M&G in Oakland. In fact they did one at all the US gigs I went to (I told you he loves those Americans :mf_rosetinted:). They separated us into groups. I guess some were VIPs, contest winners, that sort of thing. We sat at tables and I think under normal circumstances Mika would have gone from table to table to meet people. But because he injured his foot he stood in one spot and people filed past him to chat and get photographs. Everyone got an individual photograph (I didn't because I already have pics with Mika and I felt bad that he was tired/injured, but it was expected that he would take a pic if I had asked.) I imagine every artist lays down their own rules about M&Gs but this is what I think is normally expected, at least in North America.

I see what you mean. I have just never seen M&Gs like that. I went to see two N-A gigs and he met his fans inside the venue in NY but he was really tired and it was even quicker than his non-M&Gs. I was pleased I could quickly say thank you so it was just fine and wasn't even expecting more.

Proper M&Gs you and Mary are talking about are something really special, he doesn't do them often and people should not expect them. I have seen so many gigs but I never had for example a picture with him alone etc. But I travel because of music so I'm happy to see his concerts and if he quickly says hi it's bonus. Lol, of course I would love to see M&G like you mentioned but not sure if it's ever going to happen.

Edit: And what happened to Ida? Is she okay?

Did anything happen to her? I noticed some said she wasn't in this show but I assumed it was because Mika didn't sing "Blame it on the Weather" so she could take a day off :aah:

LATER EDIT,

whaaat?!! she broke her arm?? Oh God :crybaby::shocked: :shocked:

Edited by Cherisse

I see what you mean. I have just never seen M&Gs like that. I went to see two N-A gigs and he met his fans inside the venue in NY but he was really tired and it was even quicker than his non-M&Gs. I was pleased I could quickly say thank you so it was just fine and wasn't even expecting more.

Proper M&Gs you and Mary are talking about are something really special, he doesn't do them often and people should not expect them. I have seen so many gigs but I never had for example a picture with him alone etc. But I travel because of music so I'm happy to see his concerts and if he quickly says hi it's bonus. Lol, of course I would love to see M&G like you mentioned but not sure if it's ever going to happen.

i read on twitter that she broke her arm just before the gig :shocked::huh:

She broke her arm? Like really broke it? Oh no! I wonder if she can still be on stage during this tour. I hope she is better already!

She broke her arm? Like really broke it? Oh no! I wonder if she can still be on stage during this tour. I hope she is better already!

that's what i read on twitter anyway :huh:

hope she'll be better soon

And I thought I was the only one that strangely associated this whole set with Mozart and especially Amadeus (the play and movie a little). Well, considering that I am a sucker for Mozart, you can tell why this setting is like a dream come true :aah:

I'm a sucker for Mozart too but I could still live without the tights. I think he could probably get the same effect with some capri length pants and boots. You know what I mean? :naughty:

I have to say Mrs P did a fantastic job on his costume though. At first I wondered if they didn't get a designer to make it but I notice the trademark scallop design on the pockets so it must be a Penniman creation. I don't know how they keep it so clean either. It looks spotless at every show! :shocked:

Proper M&Gs you and Mary are talking about are something really special, he doesn't do them often and people should not expect them.

I think he does them at just about every gig, we're just not invited. :wink2:

I have seen so many gigs but I never had for example a picture with him alone etc. But I travel because of music so I'm happy to see his concerts and if he quickly says hi it's bonus. Lol, of course I would love to see M&G like you mentioned but not sure if it's ever going to happen

For you I can say that it will almost certainly happen one day. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

OMG poor girl! That is terrible. Hope she's okay otherwise.

Read on twitter from WHO? :blink:

from RAKpenguin (2 tweets following)

@mikasounds Thank you for a belting gig last night, despite the rain. Hope Ida is okay, and that the gift was fine. See you next year ;-)

Heard after that she broke her arm just before the gig.

who wouldn't want a proper M&G :teehee:

but i'm not counting on it either, i'm just not a very lucky person :aah: