REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - Mika @ Paléo festival, Switzerland - July 23, 2011

guylainem123

Text from Robertina says that the gig was OK but that Mika went away afterward without stopping. She said it didn't seem that he saw them waiting, and that he seemed quite upset about Amy Winehouse. :-(

poor Amy, i loved her songs :tears:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he's saying that lots of things happened in the pas 24 hours, death of amy winehous but at same time dedicate this song to the victims of Norway, it's one of the saddest things, (that's what i understood)

edit: bare in mind that i'm not a french speaker, so if i'm wrong, please correct me :)

thanx :thumb_yello:

Those "I love you"s at the beginning are freaking pissing me off. He's talking about some serious stuff over there and you can barely hear him. People should pay some more respect.

Maybe that person didn't understand the seriousness of the situation , or maybe they don't understand french because hopefully no one is that insensitive ! :sad:

Thanks for the link.

Happy Ending is impressive ... :tears:

:bow: I need the translation of MIKA's talking about Amy.

[YOUTUBE]JszH6hFojgE[/YOUTUBE]

Good of mika to take a moment to mention these tragedies , about the song, I really like how the fans sing along and remember every word :biggrin2:

Those "I love you"s at the beginning are freaking pissing me off. He's talking about some serious stuff over there and you can barely hear him. People should pay some more respect.

Must say I agree with you, he was clearly saying something serious and heartfelt, and that screaming was NOT appropriate at that time.

I loved his energy singing HE there, that's exactly how I feel everytime he sings it, since my friend died in 07. It's always been a special song for me at all of his shows.

As Dumbledore said: "Don't pity the death, pity the living."

However sad it is, Amy had no life here. She was lived. Just like Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson and all those other musical legends. She seemed lost to me. Maybe she can finally rest now.

As for Norway, it is devastating to realise this all was caused by 1 man. So many lives lost and that all in just a few days.

It would be unfair to say that the loss of Amy is insignificant to the Norway. What happened in Norway was terrible. But every innocent life lost is one too many.

However sad it is, Amy had no life here. She was lived. Just like Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson and all those other musical legends. She seemed lost to me. Maybe she can finally rest now.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately this was kind of bound to happen sometime soon and everyone knew it.

Maybe that person didn't understand the seriousness of the situation , or maybe they don't understand french because hopefully no one is that insensitive ! :sad:

I don't think you have to speak the language, to understand the serious look on his face, or the sombre tone he was speaking in, to realise he was saying something of gravity.

I do understand they were excited to see him, but unless they'd been living in a cave for the past 24 hours, I think everyone knows about the 2 events that transpired. And if there were any Amy Winehouse fans or people with friends in Oslo there, I'm sure they would have appreciated hearing whatever he was saying.

As for Norway, it is devastating to realise this all was caused by 1 man. So many lives lost and that all in just a few days.

It would be unfair to say that the loss of Amy is insignificant to the Norway. What happened in Norway was terrible. But every innocent life lost is one too many.

Thank you, you just said what I was thinking...I feel no matter what and how a person can be, every single one of them has a special something, that's only theirs. And when it's gone it will never get back. Every lost soul is a big loss for it was unique and special in it's own way.

Those fans have no excuse, especially because most of the screaming is in French, so they understood what he was talking about.

Looking at him is really painful. I don't think it's just my impression, he really seems to make efforts to stay in a good mood for the public.. It doesn't really matter if they were close friends or just knew each other.. She was a talented singer his age, he respected her, and her death comes after the Norway tragedy.. It's just too many shocking news at the time.. He is a professional, it's his job to hide his feelings, but first of all he's a human being. And he has all rights to feel this sad.. And fans should have his back no matter what, this is our job. So I don't understand what was the front row doing.. They could have been more supportive..

Those fans have no excuse, especially because most of the screaming is in French, so they understood what he was talking about.

Looking at him is really painful. I don't think it's just my impression, he really seems to make efforts to stay in a good mood for the public.. It doesn't really matter if they were close friends or just knew each other.. She was a talented singer his age, he respected her, and her death comes after the Norway tragedy.. It's just too many shocking news at the time.. He is a professional, it's his job to hide his feelings, but first of all he's a human being. And he has all rights to feel this sad.. And fans should have his back no matter what, this is our job. So I don't understand what was the front row doing.. They could have been more supportive..

Well said, Daria! It wasn't necessarily the fact that he was talking about such tragedies (I mean.. it was actually) but the fact that those people came to his concert and while he was trying to spread a message or whatever, they kept screaming and acting like hell. And it's even more impish that he was talking about such a sensitive thing. However.

Yes I'm sure they could understand but probably were not listening. Just using the quiet time to try to get his attention. There was a girl like that at a gig in Toronto. Every time the music stopped she would scream "Mika you're so f*cking hot!" :aah:

Of course it's annoying but perhaps a point that a festival is not really the place to be talking about victims in Oslo? I don't know. :dunno:

Quite right!

My God, you would have to be a robot not to show a little sadness at what's been happening over the last 24 hours, and I think underneath all the facade we see, Mika is a pretty sensitive soul, and things like this probably do get to him.

Yes, on stage he has to put on a brave face, and get on with the show, but there is nothing wrong with him letting a little compassion show through, especially when singing HE.

And I'm sure most of the fans there were supportive of him last night:wink2:

Quite right!

My God, you would have to be a robot not to show a little sadness at what's been happening over the last 24 hours, and I think underneath all the facade we see, Mika is a pretty sensitive soul, and things like this probably do get to him.

Yes, on stage he has to put on a brave face, and get on with the show, but there is nothing wrong with him letting a little compassion show through, especially when singing HE.

And I'm sure most of the fans there were supportive of him last night:wink2:

well apparently I'm a bit of a robot then...

I don't really know how to react if it doesn't directly involve me... it's not that I don't care, it's just... it has no affect on me.

Absolutely!! :boxed:

i could quote most of you here, but i just picked one and i must say i agree with you

well apparently I'm a bit of a robot then...

I don't really know how to react if it doesn't directly involve me... it's not that I don't care, it's just... it has no affect on me.

Well as I've said, I'm not a fan of Amys, but right now, I've been where her dad is now, and it's heartbreaking, when someone you care about dies that way.

And as far as any tragedy goes, I always feel for those who are left behind, as I know what it's like to lose someone close to you, whatever age they may be.

But back on topic, I love that version of BIOTW,is that the first time he's actually introduced it as that, because the times I saw him perform it, he just said it was a new song?

Edited by RAK1

Well as I've said, I'm not a fan of Amys, but right now, I've been where her dad is now, and it's heartbreaking, when someone you care about dies that way.

And as far as any tragedy goes, I always feel for those who are left behind, as I know what it's like to lose someone close to you, whatever age they may be.

But back on topic, I love that version of BIOTW,is that the first time he's actually introduced it as that, because the times I saw him perform it, he just said it was a new song?

I lost my mom so I know too, but still really don't worry that much about it. :aah:

Anyway, is this "different" version something so awesome that I should listen to it? :aah: