REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - Mika @ Paléo festival, Switzerland - July 23, 2011

guylainem123

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About BIOTW.. I feel like this Ida-Mika duo is getting better with every gig!! :shocked: Not only the song sounds amazing, but there's something between them too.. they perform as a couple.. This last version is definitely my favorite, mostly because of Ida's performance :wub2:

I lost my mom so I know too, but still really don't worry that much about it. :aah:

Anyway, is this "different" version something so awesome that I should listen to it? :aah:

Well, it's the first time they've come to the front of the stage to sing it.

About BIOTW.. I feel like this Ida-Mika duo is getting better with every gig!! :shocked: Not only the song sounds amazing, but there's something between them too.. they perform as a couple.. This last version is definitely my favorite, mostly because of Ida's performance :wub2:

Yes, this performance is so sweet, they seemed to have a connection before, but this one it really shows more.:wub2:

Thank for the pics and the videos even if i can't hear the sound it's too hard for me to hear " Miikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love youuuuuuuuuu ".

However, i've just watching Blame It On The Weather , and i think the girls who scream are not really fans. They doesn't know Ida and they say : " Ouhlala elle est pas mal! Elle s'apelle comment ? c'est ta copine? " ( in English : " Ouhlala she is not bad ! What is her name ? It's your girlfriend ? )

Now i'm listening to Elle Me Dit and we don't hear they know the lyrics . . .

So maybe , they were drunk and made fun of Mika & his fans ?

Anyway i think it was unpleasant for Mika to have this girls in front of him !

I love the shoes with this outfit ! :aah:

The thing is, it was a festival. Not a requiem mass.

People went there to enjoy themselves.

Also there are many people dying all over the world all of the time. What about the millions suffering and dying from famine and drought in Somalia?

Something could be mentioned at every gig you went to at this rate.

Maybe it should be if you were going to a charity gig or fund raising rally.

And in this case it's about Amy, not about Mika.

Poor Mika putting on a brave face, suffering through his work to hide his sorrow.

People do this every day, mourning for people who were a lot closer to them than Amy Winehouse was to Mika. And they have to go to work, look after kids, carry on. Yet many of you seem to think Mika's actions are extraordinary and very brave. I don't know why everyone thinks he is so weak. He is a strong resourceful person.

Yes, yes, I know, this is the Mika Fan Club and I am clearly not a fan.

Also there are many people dying all over the world all of the time. What about the millions suffering and dying from famine and drought in Somalia?

Poor Mika putting on a brave face, suffering through his work to hide his sorrow.

People do this every day, mourning for people who were a lot closer to them than Amy Winehouse was to Mika. And they have to go to work, look after kids, carry on. Yet many of you seem to think Mika's actions are extraordinary and very brave. I don't know why everyone thinks he is so weak. He is a strong resourceful person.

I agree with you so much it hurts :aah:

That is exactly my feeling! Seems like they get more connect every time and the song comes out more and more solid

I strongly disagree on one thing, though. :teehee:

You are a fan.

I know it. :naughty:

Where are the Louboutins? I see convers, right?

Yes you're right. And they look weird with that outfit :blink: not that I liked the Louboutins, but at least they fit in with the whole look :naughty:

Edit: Oh and those screaming girls are really annoying :sneaky2: whether he was talking about Amy Winehouse and Norway or any other time.. I mean, why scream?? :blink:

Edited by Miro

I don't think that by dedicating a song to those people he ruined the atmosphere of the festival.. He took a risk by mentioning these events but I think he did the right thing.. It was supposed to be her gig after all..

It's not a weakness to be touched by the awful things happening around you.. Standing there and and talking about her and Norway is brave enough, right? People all around the world empathized with the victims, and felt sorry, even if they didn't know them personally.. So I don't think it was an extraordinary action either.

The only reason I was talking about Mika and not about Amy is that he was the one left handling a gig in these circumstances..

A fan is allowed his own opinion, right? So we couldn't be more fans right now :doh:

Sorry, but having missed some 'episodes', I wonder whether there is anything (you know what kind of anything) going on between Ida and Mika?

Oh. Please. Don´t put this idea to my head. If you want me to be alive. :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry, but having missed some 'episodes', I wonder whether there is anything (you know what kind of anything) going on between Ida and Mika?

I don't think anyone has caught those episodes, so you'd have to ask Mika and Ida if anything is going on between them. :wink2:

No, I really don't think so. She is just a friend from college. I think Mika has different tastes.

No idea, but if you ask me, I would personally love to see them together.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't see what Mika did as something particularly brave. I do feel that if it is his desire to mention these events, he has every right to do so. As they say, it's his party:naughty:

I generally dislike people who scream they love Mika though, just for the sake of getting attention.

Yes and they already have 6 babies.

No, I really don't think so. She is just a friend from college. I think Mika has different tastes.

:naughty:

Where are the Louboutins? I see convers, right?

:boxed: You're right.

no Mika nooooo!! Converse are bad for dancing maniacally in! You'll hurt yourself! :aah:

If only sorrow worked so logically. It's normal for anyone to be more affected by the tragedy in Norway or by Amy Winehouse than the famine in Somalia (or any other ongoing disaster for that matter). It's just so sudden and hits closer to home, and especially for Mika who apparently knew Amy Winehouse a little bit. Not that what is going on in Somalia is less tragic- it's just less of a shock to the system.

And everybody knows you're a fan. Not to worry :aah:

I was never really a huge fan of Amy Winehouse. It's nothing against her, I just never listened to her that much. It's just so...interesting...for lack of a better word, to look at her next to Mika. I mean, they were less than a month apart in age and both were/are very famous musicians and performers. On the one hand, you have Amy, who was so talented but made all the wrong choices and it destroyed her. On the other, you have Mika, who is just as talented, and has made all the right choices. It never ceases to amaze me how the choices we make can make two otherwise similar paths so different.

God, I hope that made sense.