The Homework Thread! ;D xD

qwurtie

I think the title is pretty self explanatory :aah:

But....basically, if anyone needs help with anything school related you can ask in this thread and see if anybody can help! :biggrin2:

I'm not sure if there's a thread already like this =S but I thought it would be useful!

(:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CHEMISTRY! D:

I'm not sure I'm doing these right and it's really frustating me :hair: so could anybody good at chemistry give me the answer to this quesion please?

What mass of carbon monoxide is needed to react 480g of iron oxide?

Fe2O3 + 3 CO ==> 2Fe + 3 CO2

Ar:

Fe - 56

O - 16

C - 12

And if you can, explain...but if not, nvm! I just need the answer and then I can figure what I'm doing wrong...if I am doing it wrong. :aah:

THANKS. (x

Great minds think alike! I set up one like this once, but it was for people that hated it :aah:

Who doesnt hate it?? :aah: I've been thinking about opening this for agesss...but ya :aah:

• 2 weeks later...
CHEMISTRY! D:

I'm not sure I'm doing these right and it's really frustating me :hair: so could anybody good at chemistry give me the answer to this quesion please?

Ar:

Fe - 56

O - 16

C - 12

And if you can, explain...but if not, nvm! I just need the answer and then I can figure what I'm doing wrong...if I am doing it wrong. :aah:

THANKS. (x

Who doesnt hate it?? :aah: I've been thinking about opening this for agesss...but ya :aah:

I learn it last year but I cant remember now XD I hate chemistry D: I'll check my old notebook maybe I can remember smth..hope..

edit: I cant find anything like that in my notebook :no: what i found, they all contains %,smth like W%(NaOH)=?

or so.. is there anything like it? (I'm so dumb in it XD I just solve that problems from the ones, which teacher does in class :aah:

Edited by mary*

I dunno if I'm 100% correct, but hope it helps you a little :aah:

aaand is g/mole correct? :aah: we write that as g/moli :aah:

|160g/mole 132g/mole

m(Fe2O3)=480g |Fe2O3 + 3CO==> 2Fe + 3CO2

|480g ?g

______________ __| Mr(Fe2O3)= 2x56 + 3x16= 112+48=160g/mole

m(CO)=? Mr(3CO2)=3x12 + 6x16= 132g/mole

160g/mole 132g/mole

---------- = ------------

480g xg

480 x 132 63360

x=------------=----------=396g.

160 160

m(CO)=396g.

nooooooooo mfc is mixing it up :aah: I'll take pic and upload :aah:

edit: :biggrin2:

Capture123.png

Edited by mary*

CHEMISTRY! D:

40:21 -->

Ar:

Fe - 56

O - 16

C - 12

THANKS. (x

NICE THREAD :biggrin2:

Umm okay, I would have been able to do it last year, but I've kind of forgotten. Is this C2? *gets out old chem book* :aah:

I'll try this evening :wink2:, and I should be able to explain it)

Edit: Ugh this is hard, I remember why I had trouble with it..

I found an easy way to work it out in June, but I CANT REMEMBER IT arrghhhh.

Edited by astor

Umm okay, I would have been able to do it last year, but I've kind of forgotten. Is this C2? *gets out old chem book* :aah:

heey hey!! look above pls,:biggrin2: maybe you'll remember, is t correct? :aah:

Oh yes, that makes sense :aah:

But can you show how you worked out the moles, I forgot that bit :teehee:

it's like... for example Mr(FeCl2)= Ar(Fe) + 2 x Ar(Al)= 56 + 2 x 35.5 = 56 + 71 = 127 g/mole :biggrin2: is it clear?

Part-time jobs?

I'm happy to help :biggrin2:

What sort of thing do you want to say?

actually I've not this homework to write right now, but our english lesson is about part-time jobs and teacher said that we'll have to write essay about it. I just want to know a bit many things about it. is it after school? or on weekends? and teenagers earn money everyday or by the month? etc.. :biggrin2: do you know that stuff?^^

|160g/mole 132g/mole

|480g ?g

160g/mole 132g/mole

480g xg

480 x 132 63360

160 160

m(CO)=396g.

Capture123.png

:shocked::shocked:

actually I've not this homework to write right now, but our english lesson is about part-time jobs and teacher said that we'll have to write essay about it. I just want to know a bit many things about it. is it after school? or on weekends? and teenagers earn money everyday or by the month? etc.. :biggrin2: do you know that stuff?^^

Yep :biggrin2:

Usually at the weekend, and mainly on saturdays. Most of my friends get paid after every shift they do (do you know about 'tips' in a cafe?)... The minimum wage here is £3.65 for a 16yr old. :wink2:

believe me, I'm :shocked: too :boxed::aah::aah:

+1.

Yet I still managed to get 100% in the exam :shocked:

it's like... for example Mr(FeCl2)= Ar(Fe) + 2 x Ar(Al)= 56 + 2 x 35.5 = 56 + 71 = 127 g/mole :biggrin2: is it clear?

I thought it was smth like that, I couldn't remember what order to do it in though. :aah:

I think you're right :thumb_yello:

ahah

Oh i have Maths (B) Homeworks... but ... but :wheelchair:

I'm not perfect in it, but still well :D but I hate homework, our teacher gives us TOO MUCH! :sneaky2:

last year I had 10..but now..I dunno yet:aah:

Ah, I forgot about this thread! Mary reminded me on Twitter! :aah: I fund out how to work out that chemistry stuff without using moles! (except, I've kinda forgotten it already! :P)

er, does anyone know anything about enzymes. Specifically amylase and how it reacts with different temperatures? Biology project...:aah: Thanks

I'm not sure you still need help with this? But anywayss,,,I've got a biology test next Tuesday so this is good revision :3

Ok, where should I start? *gets text book out to help me* :aah:

Enzymes are biological catalyst.

Catalysts are things which increase the rate of a reaction without being used up.

Enzymes are proteins which are made up of chains of amino acids and have specially shaped active sites. Substrates have to fit into the specially shaped active site (to make an enzyme-substrate complex) to react.

If the substrate cannot fit into the the active site, the reaction will not be catalysed.

So...temperature - enzymes work best at specific temperatures. If the temperature is too hot this could denature the enzyme (which means it cannot work.) This is because the shape of the active site has changed and so the substrate cannot fit into the active site to react! Enzymes in the human body usually work best at 37 degrees Celsius (body temperature.)

pH also affects how enzymes work. If the pH is too high or too low it could also denature the enzyme.

AMYLASE: is a type of enzyme. It is found in the saliva, small intestines and pancreas. It is used to catalyse the break down of starch into simple sugars.

PROTEASE enzymes are used to catalyse the breakdown of proteins into amino acids. And LIPASE enzymes catalyse the breakdown fats into glycerol and fatty acids.

Thoughs are the three main types of enzymes.

Hope that helps....and is not too confusing! :aah:

Here's a good website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/ :-D

Edit: Ugh this is hard, I remember why I had trouble with it..

I found an easy way to work it out in June, but I CANT REMEMBER IT arrghhhh.

:aah: I JUST HATE MOLES! (CGP books are awesome ;D) but apparently you cant get full marks if you dont work it out using moles...? :blink::boxed: But I think I understand moles better now so I'll try again... soon xD

+1.

Yet I still managed to get 100% in the exam :shocked:

I thought it was smth like that, I couldn't remember what order to do it in though. :aah:

I think you're right :thllo:

Clever clogs! :P (For your GCSE?? :o)

Edited by qwurtie

|160g/mole 132g/mole

|480g ?g

160g/mole 132g/mole

480g xg

480 x 132 63360

160 160

m(CO)=396g.

Capture123.png

I cannot see the image! D: My answers are in my old chemistry book which is in my locker so I cant mark them against yours...right now .-.

I cannot see the image! D: My answers are in my old chemistry book which is in my locker so I cant mark them against yours...right now .-.

photobucket gone mad:boxed: I'll upload now with imageshak

capturefre.png