The Homework Thread! ;D xD

qwurtie

Oh yay, this already is about chemistry :aah: I missed something in lesson (I was "sick" :mf_rosetinted:) , noone could borrow me their notes over christmas.. What please is um that particle count thing and what does it have to do with the substance quantity number? :blink: (I google translated this, sorry:aah:) I just don't get what these two mean..

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yay, this already is about chemistry :aah: I missed something in lesson (I was "sick" :mf_rosetinted:) , noone could borrow me their notes over christmas.. What please is um that particle count thing and what does it have to do with the substance quantity number? :blink: (I google translated this, sorry:aah:) I just don't get what these two mean..

I don't know what these translations are referring to sorry :aah:

Something to do with moles and atomic number?

Cl is more oxidising than bromine (is it?)... Sooooo the chlorine stays in ion form because the bromine can't displace it. Sooo the cyclohexane only notices the Bromine so turns orange

I think. Do you agree?

Ugh hibaaaaaa biology hahahshshjchmbv.

omg :doh: I am so confused, not by the answer/explanation but by my brain :blink: That is right. And why I'm confused is because I was explaining it to myself like that but still...uh idek *headdesk*

I've given up on biology, I'm stressed about it but trying not to think about it :mf_rosetinted: I hope I do well in chem and physics so that I only have to retake bio, otherwise I'll have to retake all of them. :s

avogadro's constant?

:mf_rosetinted: The translation is confusing xD

Btw thanks Mair! For the answer. x)

Youve made me feel guilty about bio now :aah: If I get a C, I'll be happy enough, even I'll still want to retake :mf_rosetinted:

...it's better than a fail

Also, our results come in a day before my birthday ;o

Btw thanks Mair! For the answer. x)

Youve made me feel guilty about bio now :aah: If I get a C, I'll be happy enough, even I'll still want to retake :mf_rosetinted:

...it's better than a fail

Also, our results come in a day before my birthday ;o

suurrrrreeeh lulz I wasn't intending to make you feel guilty just share my biology woes and know you are not alone :aah:

awaw I don't know if that's good or bad, at least they'll be over. WOAH I can't believe we're actually old enough to get AS results argh :naughty:

And same about the C. I'm trying not to be as fixated on high high marks because they don't matter. :mikacool:

Edited by astor

suurrrrreeeh lulz I wasn't intending to make you feel guilty just share my biology woes and know you are not alone :aah:

awaw I don't know if that's good or bad, at least they'll be over. WOAH I can't believe we're actually old enough to get AS results argh :naughty:

And same about the C. I'm trying not to be as fixated on high high marks because they don't matter. :mikacool:

You are not aloone, I am here with you, though we're far about, youre always in my heart :mf_rosetinted: (not sure if those are the correct lyrics :aah: ) fanks, did you watch the Africa docu? :swoon:

I know, and when we leave school we'll almost be over our teenage years :shocked:

Samies, but if I retake, I will be :s I'm all set on retaking, I checked the dates already :mf_rosetinted:

6.02x10^23 :das: LOVE DAT CONSTANT :wub2::mf_rosetinted:

lol, I thought maybe that was what she was talking abooout :aah:

oh yeah right :aah: my english really isnt the best :teehee: it's so stupid, noone in my family is even the tiniest bit interested in chemistry :aah:

You are not aloone, I am here with you, though we're far about, youre always in my heart :mf_rosetinted: (not sure if those are the correct lyrics :aah: ) fanks, did you watch the Africa docu? :swoon:

I know, and when we leave school we'll almost be over our teenage years :shocked:

Samies, but if I retake, I will be :s I'm all set on retaking, I checked the dates already :mf_rosetinted:

lol, I thought maybe that was what she was talking abooout :aah:

They are now :mf_rosetinted:

I did aefhbwfgwrg nobody can even understand relgherthgeth I died I can't cope anymore. I'm trying my best to find a way to return this summer. And never come back :mf_rosetinted:

Next year, we are adults. :mikasweat:

The summer dates of my second modules are 4 subjects in 4 days. BLEH. And we go back to school after study leave on my birthday :doh:

I thought so too.

oh yeah right :aah: my english really isnt the best :teehee: it's so stupid, noone in my family is even the tiniest bit interested in chemistry :aah:

Don't worry :teehee:

Is there a specific question you have?

constants rock :aah:

:punk:

Don't worry :teehee:

Is there a specific question you have?

:punk:

ummm i just don't know what they mean, like when you have an atom, how do you calculate them :aah: if the explanation's too long, don't worry, I'll re-do some exercises and figure it out^^

Is the 'substance quantity number' you're talking about one of these numbers on an element do you think?

atomic-mass-of-krypton.png

Or the amount of substance (moles)?

I can probably explain once we figure out what Google means :teehee:

They are now :mf_rosetinted:

I did aefhbwfgwrg nobody can even understand relgherthgeth I died I can't cope anymore. I'm trying my best to find a way to return this summer. And never come back :mf_rosetinted:

Next year, we are adults. :mikasweat:

The summer dates of my second modules are 4 subjects in 4 days. BLEH. And we go back to school after study leave on my birthday :doh:

I thought so too.

Of course. :mf_rosetinted:

Aw :3 Im so jealous of the crew :swoon: i cant say i understand your feels, but hopefully one day *-*

i only checked rough dates but the retakes are around a week before. Ive only got the three written exam based subjects though. So if i retake thatd be 6.

Oh that sucks -.-

Of course. :mf_rosetinted:

Aw :3 Im so jealous of the crew :swoon: i cant say i understand your feels, but hopefully one day *-*

i only checked rough dates but the retakes are around a week before. Ive only got the three written exam based subjects though. So if i retake thatd be 6.

Oh that sucks -.-

I know I'd looove to be a wildlife photographer but I think I'll aim for being one of the experts they travel round with :mf_rosetinted: hey you can be a wildlife photographer and I'll travel with you chatting about breeding habits and shiz.

My word you can't plan to retake everything on top of others? Do your best next week yes.

the 83 one i guess xD

To work this out you do mass (g) divided by number of moles of substance. Does this seem like the kind of thing you are looking for? Maybe it isn't :aah:

I don't know if you use formula triangles, but you cover the one you want to work out, and then if the two left are both on the bottom, you multiply those things to get the one you covered. If one is on the top and one on the bottom, you look at those two like a fraction and divide to find the one you covered. Oh my gosh I'm making this seem very complicated :aah:

Calculating%20Concentration%20as%20a%20Molarity%202%20-%20Triangle.gif

To work this out you do mass (g) divided by number of moles of substance. Does this seem like the kind of thing you are looking for? Maybe it isn't :aah:

I don't know if you use formula triangles, but you cover the one you want to work out, and then if the two left are both on the bottom, you multiply those things to get the one you covered. If one is on the top and one on the bottom, you look at those two like a fraction and divide to find the one you covered. Oh my gosh I'm making this seem very complicated :aah:

Calculating%20Concentration%20as%20a%20Molarity%202%20-%20Triangle.gif

oh cool, that triangle is not difficult at all, why doesnt my school use them?? :aah: it so easy O.O yay it will make my formula life easier :teehee:

okay it seems like i got it. ill try that tomorrow, thanks! :thumb_yello:

I know I'd looove to be a wildlife photographer but I think I'll aim for being one of the experts they travel round with :mf_rosetinted: hey you can be a wildlife photographer and I'll travel with you chatting about breeding habits and shiz.

My word you can't plan to retake everything on top of others? Do your best next week yes.

Yes, that is what i want to be *.* but idk what i have to do to become one :o YES, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FAB IDEA :excite::mf_rosetinted:

I dont plan..but im preparing myself. :mf_rosetinted: i hope ill only have to retake bio.

Yes, that is what i want to be *.* but idk what i have to do to become one :o YES, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FAB IDEA :excite::mf_rosetinted:

I dont plan..but im preparing myself. :mf_rosetinted: i hope ill only have to retake bio.

Hm no neither do I :aah: hey we can make our own business and we won't have to worry. I'll get the business cards and take them to the BBC. :mf_rosetinted:

WE CAN DO IT. Hopefully it will be an easy bio paper.

oh cool, that triangle is not difficult at all, why doesnt my school use them?? :aah: it so easy O.O yay it will make my formula life easier :teehee:

okay it seems like i got it. ill try that tomorrow, thanks! :thumb_yello:

I really hope this helps! Don't worry if it doesn't, it took me over a year to get that stuff but once you get it it's easy :mf_rosetinted: