The Homework Thread! ;D xD

qwurtie

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope this helps XD but i thinks its the process in which the waves of light or other electromagnetic radiation are restricted to certain directions of vibration.

Thanks, I found a good explanation on youtube :3

Have a listen to the electromagnetic spectrum song (youtube). It helped me to pass one of my physics exams a couple of years back. I actually still have it on my iPod (maybe a little sad but it's a good song!). Maybe not in enough detail for you, but it's fun!:wink2:

Have a listen to the electromagnetic spectrum song (youtube). It helped me to pass one of my physics exams a couple of years back. I actually still have it on my iPod (maybe a little sad but it's a good song!). Maybe not in enough detail for you, but it's fun!:wink2:

hah, i think i have heard it xp my sister used to sing it xD

would anybody like to explain hess' law to me and how to do the equations using the elemens and lalala (not the other way)

pleaaaseeeeeeeeee

:blush-anim-cl:

Sorry I've repressed all chemistry :naughty: and I don't know what Hess' law is.

• 5 weeks later...

This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have any interesting, original information about Astrocytoma brain cancer? I'm out of school for a week or two, and I have a huge research paper to write and I'm having a hard time finding interesting information information such as symptoms and such... Everything is too general on Google. This is probably a long shot, but I figured it was worth a shot.

• 3 weeks later...
what would the precision of a 'normal' protractor be?

Not sure I understand the question - you mean the thing for measuring angles? I suppose you could say that it would be precise to 1 degree :dunno:

Not sure I understand the question - you mean the thing for measuring angles? I suppose you could say that it would be precise to 1 degree :dunno:

si, an angle measurer. Mmm, I think theyre looking a number. I could ask my 'friend' but she annoys me because she thinks shes so clever so Id rather not :mf_rosetinted:

Don't suppose anyone wants to debate the Cosmological argument for the existence of God with me for essay practice? :naughty:

If you could summarise what the arguement is about first? Then maybe, if I have anything to say about it :aah:

But first I need to finish an ISA practice paper ;s so in a bit!

si, an angle measurer. Mmm, I think theyre looking a number. I could ask my 'friend' but she annoys me because she thinks shes so clever so Id rather not :mf_rosetinted:

If you could summarise what the arguement is about first? Then maybe, if I have anything to say about it :aah:

But first I need to finish an ISA practice paper ;s so in a bit!

There's a couple different versions which are complicated and bleeerch. I don't really know how to revise it. :huh:

There's a couple different versions which are complicated and bleeerch. I don't really know how to revise it. :huh:

oh, okie dokes. idk, because idk really know what youre talking about :aah: good luck though :)

Don't suppose anyone wants to debate the Cosmological argument for the existence of God with me for essay practice? :naughty:

Cosmological in the sense that the existence of the laws of nature (gravity etc) imply design and therefore a designer?

Cosmological in the sense that the existence of the laws of nature (gravity etc) imply design and therefore a designer?

I dont entirely know where the name originates so you may be right - but in this case it's purely the existence of the universe (rather than the laws within it) pointing towards the concept of a god, or first cause, at least.

eg. Aquinas:

- Everything that exists has a cause

- infinite regress of a chain of causation is impossible

- there must have been a first cause (that the rule of 'having to be caused' doesn't apply to)

- this we call God.

Thoughts? :mf_rosetinted:

I dont entirely know where the name originates so you may be right - but in this case it's purely the existence of the universe (rather than the laws within it) pointing towards the concept of a god, or first cause, at least.

eg. Aquinas:

- there must have been a first cause (that the rule of 'being caused' doesn't apply to)

- this we call God.

Just that according to this reasoning, God exists, so therefore must have a cause as well. So what's the cause of God then?

If you start from the first two statements, the third automatically follows, obviously, but then those first two statements are not exactly trivial, a they?

Anyway, I was on my way to bed and now I'm distracted by the cosmological argument of the existence of God :aah:

eg. Aquinas:

- there must have been a first cause (that the rule of 'having to be caused' doesn't apply to)

- this we call God.

Thinking like this is an artificial construct due to the way the human mind works, pre-programmed to see patterns in everything. We look at things "logically" but who is to say this is the correct view? Maybe things just "are", and can't be regressed because there is no origin.