Would it be wrong to say "bursting in"? Because I don't hear "through" - I also don't hear "in" quite well, it sounds more like a word that ends with "T", but nothing comes to my mind now. :blush-anim-cl:

Oh I've just listened to the line repeated at the very end (I kept rewinding it and not listening to the end bit :naughty:). I don't think it's bright blue sky at all. Will have to think on it.

This song makes sense (unlike BIOTW which is pieced together nonsense :aah:) and if it's "slow landslide" then the line before should fit.

Oh I've just listened to the line repeated at the very end (I kept rewinding it and not listening to the end bit :naughty:). I don't think it's bright blue sky at all. Will have to think on it.

This song makes sense (unlike BIOTW which is pieced together nonsense :aah:) and if it's "slow landslide" then the line before should fit.

I did the exact same thing. :thumb_yello: But... Isn't it? Well, so I don't think I should keep on trying because I have absolutely no idea. :aah: Maybe I'd better go to bed now and leave the job to people that really know English. :naughty:

It's a nice song, true. But when you take a step back and look at it, its really only on the level of 'My Sympathy' so far.

I can't see it being a hit... and the metaphor of being underwater just comes across as a bit.. strange.. not really enough detail or emphasis into it really... it's just cheesy (although not as cheesy as blame it on the weather) i think it needs lots of work done on the lyrics, at least.

Anyway, I think Mika's head over heels and its just filling up his songwriting with cheese :lmfao:

It's a nice song, true. But when you take a step back and look at it, its really only on the level of 'My Sympathy' so far.

I can't see it being a hit... and the metaphor of being underwater just comes across as a bit.. strange.. not really enough detail or emphasis into it really... it's just cheesy (although not as cheesy as blame it on the weather) i think it needs lots of work done on the lyrics, at least.

Anyway, I think Mika's head over heels and its just filling up his songwriting with cheese :lmfao:

Oh, I like the lyrics so far. :biggrin2: And he's absolutely not head over heels... Just kind of in love. :mf_rosetinted:

I can't see it being a hit... and the metaphor of being underwater just comes across as a bit.. strange..

Yes because a metaphor like an umbrella (-ella -ella) is not strange at all. :wink2:

I don't think being under water is the metaphor. It's that this love is as life sustaining as air.

Yes because a metaphor like an umbrella (-ella -ella) is not strange at all. :wink2:

I don't think being under water is the metaphor. It's that this love is as life sustaining as air.

That's why he call his next album 'The Origin of Love'.

Maybe he means the origin of love is full of metaphor. No words can exactly explain what love is.

Anyway, I truly love this song

::naughty: no, the metaphor makes sense. I mean more like, Mika doesn't make it very clear... It doesn't seem elaborated upon, just sort of thrown in there...

Oh, I like the lyrics so far. :biggrin2: And he's absolutely not head over heels... Just kind of in love. :mf_rosetinted:

No sh*t:lmfao:

OK, that very last verse? Now that I've listened a few more times,

I think it's "blood red sky"... Maybe "Bursting with a blood red sky..."?

Still listening. :blush-anim-cl:

OK, that very last verse? Now that I've listened a few more times,

I think it's "blood red sky"... Maybe "Bursting with a blood red sky..."?

Still listening. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah that's what I've been getting too. Maybe he's interchanging bright blue sky and blood red sky? :dunno: It's seems like the first and last are blood red sky but the middle is different.

Building on what we have so far -- I'm getting there, it should only take

a few hundred more listens :wink2:

Which I won't mind at all... I LOVE this song!

---------------

There's ...

A slow landslide (?)

and the world we leave behind

there's a way to lose your head

and disappear and not return again...

When I fall to my feet

Wearin' my heart on my sleeve

All I see just amazes

You are the port of my call

I shall not leave you alone

Now I know you're amazing

'Cause all I need is the love you breathe

put your lips on me and

I can live under water, under water, under water!

Under water!

There's ... bright blue sky

A slow landslide (?)

and the world I left behind

and disappear

and not return again

When I fall to my feet

All I see just amazes

I shall not leave you alone

Cause all I need is the love you breathe

Put your lips on me and

I can live under water, under water, under water!

Under water!

There's ... bright blue sky

A slow landslide (?)

and the world I've left behind

:clap: good job :clap:

big thanks deb :huglove:

OK... refining a bit...

Bursting with a blood red sky

A slow landslide

and the world we leave behind

and disappear and not return again...

When I fall to my feet

All I see just amazes

I shall not leave you alone (at all?)

(or "You shot and... something?")

(or "Wish I could... something?")

'Cause all I need

Is the love you breathe

put your lips on me and

I can live under water,

under water, under water!

Under water!

Bursting with a bright blue sky

A slow landslide (?)

and the world I left behind

and disappear

and not return again

When I fall to my feet

All I see just amazes

I shall not leave you alone (at all?)

(or "You shot and... something?")

(or "Wish I could... something?")

'Cause all I need

Is the love you breathe

Put your lips on me and

I can live under water,

Under water!

Bursting with a blood red sky

A slow landslide (?)

and the world I've left behind

I think that's as close as I'm going to get until we get another video,

or Mika sends me the lyrics. :wub2:

Or until Mana comes online -- she's always really good at deciphering things,

too. Oh Mana?!

Edited by dcdeb

How mad am I?

Just got uo, first sing was switching on the internet and looking for the new song...

Now I'm sitting at the breakfast table and...cry?:blink:

Love, love it....can't wait the new album...

Thanks so much to everyone, for posting the vid, for the lyrics, guys, you are the best :thumb_yello:

'Cause all I need

Is the love you breathe

put your lips on me and

I can live under water,

Under water!

Isn't that beautiful? :tears::wub2: It's a very powerful song, it really makes me cry, I'm almost shocked. Can't wait to listen to this live some day.

Isn't that beautiful? :tears::wub2: It's a very powerful song, it really makes me cry, I'm almost shocked. Can't wait to listen to this live some day.

Yes, I agree. It's a far cry from "hear my song, it won't last too long..."

:wink2:

I really, really love it -- can't stop listening to it, but try as I might, I just

can't be sure of those few lines of the lyrics. I'm pretty certain it's "you are the port of my call" but the line after that... :dunno: Driving me :insane:

Yes, I agree. It's a far cry from "hear my song, it won't last too long..."

:wink2:

I really, really love it -- can't stop listening to it, but try as I might, I just

can't be sure of those few lines of the lyrics. I'm pretty certain it's "you are the port of my call" but the line after that... :dunno: Driving me :insane:

There is nothing theatrical in this song, that's why it sounds so powerful. I'm so happy he made a song like this!

Great job with the lyrics!!!!! Thank you! :huglove: