I'm finished the first half of my Underwater vid last night....no real Mika there though, just my drawings , this is the first video ever made and I'm learning as I go along, but that's so much fun and I get to listen to Underwater on repeat :fangurl:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• 1 month later...

From Mika's blog:

"One the first evening together (he's talking about Nick Littlemore of Empire of the Sun) , and with the musician Paul Steel we wrote a song called Underwater. It happened in about fifteen minutes. I had just gone through a rough break up, and somehow, the pressure of the second album, the break up, the touring and my sisters accident left me feeling as if I needed to gasp for air. The chorus reflects that. "All I need is the love you breath, put your lips on me and I can live underwater"

From Mika's blog:

"One the first evening together (he's talking about Nick Littlemore of Empire of the Sun) , and with the musician Paul Steel we wrote a song called Underwater. It happened in about fifteen minutes. I had just gone through a rough break up, and somehow, the pressure of the second album, the break up, the touring and my sisters accident left me feeling as if I needed to gasp for air. The chorus reflects that. "All I need is the love you breath, put your lips on me and I can live underwater"

So much emotion in that song :wub2: That's why I fell in love with it instantly:mf_lustslow:

Yes,the live version of "Underwater" is awesome,can't wait to hear the CD's version!!!:biggrin2:

Tell me about it.

I´m counting days to my another France trip just to buy french version of The origin of love!

Actually, I´m looking forward to it even more than the whole trip. :teehee:

But shhhhh.

I actually can't wait to hear this song properly recorded.

I believe my fav version will always be the live one as it happened with Good Gone Girl because I listened to the live version so much that it has stayed my fav, but I'm curious to hear the CD version too, of course :teehee:

and all the twelve songs :swoon:

I believe my fav version will always be the live one as it happened with Good Gone Girl because I listened to the live version so much that it has stayed my fav, but I'm curious to hear the CD version too, of course :teehee:

Not only the twelve songs,also looking forward the bonus tracks.:biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

yees...I think the first performance of "underwater" was very..very..magical, powerful, emotional I don't know...it was a real "knockout"...and such a surprise so unexpected,,,,so mindblowing, so epic...I don't know...

sure, I don't know what future will bring but now I think it will always be "the first epic performance of this song" and I don't know if the album version will be more...just "more" ...I can say though that it's almost sure that one/many/all of live performances of this song will be just "beyond words"...

/now I feel every performance of "happy ending" for instance was a masterpiece (although I have my favourite ones...) /

I don't necessarily feel that album versions are the best versions...I love Mika's demos...unfortunately only demos for "LICM" leaked...I think I prefer the demo for "I see you" was more "psychedelic" ;-)) more "suffering" then the album version (but I love the album version too) and I love "love today"demo (wonderfully scary):-)))

more...I think demos have more real feelings...they're stronger, fresher...but it depends of course and when the song lives, it changes, the interpretation changes..it's also very interesting...

and Mika obviously is just the most amazing "medium" for the song and his performances/interpretations are always so fresh and emotional, like "the very first time" and slightly different not mechanical at all

Edited by Melisanda

guys this is gonna sound completely mad, but after listening to the life version and reading the lyrics i found my own meaning to the song though my own personal experiences !!!

Start from sept 2010 i was aired on xfactor and even though my own audition was pretty ok, they made me look real bad on TV, in which though wasn't fair. I left me in a very dark place, i got mocked from time to time in which the bad comments were building up inside and making me feel even more depressed, i felt all though years since i was very little trying my hardest to master the art of music were just wasted. I couldn't face my friends to other that supported me, because i felt i had let them down. I had lost the confidence that took me years to build,i'm a shy person away, but in this case i grew incredibly shy to a point i didn't like showing my face in public. This went on for months and months and months. After a lot of soul searching, a lot of self support and help from friends/family, i've gotten over it !!!

anyway ... 6 months ago i started swimming lessons (not only for learning to swim, but wanna get over my fear of water and for fil some future amditions), anyway, my brother said that it was easier to swim with your head underwater, than it is with your head on top and suprise it was !!! as time went on i start to love and enjoy the feeling of being Underwater it was like another world to me.

The connection with song is in my dark time my freinds/family the gave me the support and love i needed ("put your lips on me") in which i loved and enjoyed like i love and enjoyed being Underwater, so being underwater water represents the feeling of being loved by someone ("so i can live Underwater")

i know i sounds crazy, but i'm crazy anyway !!! lol ... sorry in advance for the spelling misteaks ... i'm really dyslexic !!! lol

Edited by John Alan

guys this is gonna sound completely mad, but after listening to the life version and reading the lyrics i found my own meaning to the song though my own personal experiences !!!

Start from sept 2010 i was aired on xfactor and even though my own audition was pretty ok, they made me look real bad on TV, in which though wasn't fair. I left me in a very dark place, i got mocked from time to time in which the bad comments were building up inside and making me feel even more depressed, i felt all though years since i was very little trying my hardest to master the art of music were just wasted. I couldn't face my friends to other that supported me, because i felt i had let them down. I had lost the confidence that took me years to build,i'm a shy person away, but in this case i grew incredibly shy to a point i didn't like showing my face in public. This went on for months and months and months. After a lot of soul searching, a lot of self support and help from friends/family, i've gotten over it !!!

anyway ... 6 months ago i started swimming lessons (not only for learning to swim, but wanna get over my fear of water and for fil some future amditions), anyway, my brothers said that i was easier to swim with your head underwater, than it is with your head on top and suprise it was !!! as time went on i start to love and enjoy the feeling of being Underwater it was like another world to me.

The connection with song is in my dark time my freinds/family the gave me the support and love i needed ("put your lips on me") in which i loved and enjoyed like love and enjoy being Underwater, so being underwater water represents the feeling of being love by someone ("so i can live Underwater")

i know i sounds crazy, but i'm crazy anyway !!! lol ... sorry in advance for the spelling misteaks ... i'm really dyslexic !!! lol

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so happy that Mika's beautiful song has inspired you. Good luck to you and God bless you.