HRC announces 15th annual National Dinner line-up

dcdeb

WASHINGTON — The Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization, today announced the full line-up for the organization's 15th Annual National Dinner on Saturday, October 1, 2011 in Washington, D.C. Delivering the keynote address will be President Barack Obama; New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will receive the National Ally for Equality Award; Representative Tammy Baldwin will be a featured speaker; Artists Cyndi Lauper and Greyson Chance will perform; and Mika will give an after-party concert.

"This has been a remarkable year in the fight for LGBT equality," said Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solmonese. "We're thrilled to be joined by national leaders and inspiring artists as we celebrate our victories and redouble our efforts for the fights that remain ahead."

As previously announced, President Obama will deliver the keynote address — his second appearance as President at the HRC National Dinner. New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will receive the National Ally for Equality Award for his advocacy on marriage equality in New York State and Representative Tammy Baldwin will also deliver remarks. Music icon Cyndi Lauper will perform as will Greyson Chance, a 13 year old phenom who rose to fame through a YouTube cover of Lady Gaga. Finally, pop sensation Mika will give a full concert as the entertainment for the event's after-party.

The sold-out event will draw more than 3,000 attendees the evening of Saturday, October 1st to the Washington Convention Center.

More information is available at http://www.hrcnationaldinner.org .

Edited by Blue Sky

Whaaaaaat?? He's coming to visit you Deb!!! :teehee:

Well we all knew something was coming after Cherisse's tweet, but.... WOW!! This is impressive!!:wub2:

And to think you will miss him Deb....

I can't even believe it... not only will I miss it, I won't even be in town!

:tears:

I'll have to see if any my friends are going to this event...

hrc-logo.gif

Well, here's how the two PREVIOUS events went down:

A Night Out: Human Rights Campaign National Dinners

Posted at 11:26 AM/ET, 10/12/2009

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/13810.html

and

Posted at 03:04 PM/ET, 10/11/2010

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/17041.html

I want/need to be there this year!

Edited by A. Clay

Sorry Deb you can't make it :boxed:

Hopefully some of the other US fans will make it there though. :thumb_yello:

I hope so, too! Surely I must know someone going to this event -- I have

to ask around. If nothing else, though, it will be in the news since the

president will be there... so we'll definitely hear something about it. :thumb_yello:

Wow! Cyndi Lauper too? I love her!

I know -- I wouldn't have minded seeing her again, too. I haven't seen

her live since 1985 or so! :naughty:

I'm so excited that he's doing something in North America. Hopefully the first of many gigs/appearances in the next year. :biggrin2:

Yes! We can only hope! :wub2:

awww, i'm so proud of our Golden Boy, getting all this attention! :D ...but He should play the first part (and the after party too!), Mika's way better than Cyndi Lauper or Greyson Chance (well, i've never actually heard of Greyson Chance before :blush-anim-cl: but i think it's safe to assume!)

i wonder if the prez will be at the afterparty & i wonder if Da Boss will be at the first part of the event... sweet Holy Johnny i hope somebody gets pix or video if they meet!