• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they're are lots of people there who study latin:teehee:I studied it in Middle School because the origin of my language is Latin:aah:

Yeah I think students study Latin in almost every European country:sneaky2:

thanks for enlightening me, you guys..:biggrin2:

back in the 60s/70s it was studied here (caribbean) too but then the general consensus was that it was a 'dead' language and it was dropped everywhere...i know it's the root for many languages though..

thanks for enlightening me, you guys..:biggrin2:

back in the 60s/70s it was studied here (caribbean) too but then the general consensus was that it was a 'dead' language and it was dropped everywhere...i know it's the root for many languages though..

yes, the Roman Empire was just soo big:aah::shocked:

Yeah I think students study Latin in almost every European country:sneaky2:

Not here, unfortunately. :no: You can only study it in some universities but I think it's not common at all. Maybe it's because the Finnish language is so different to Latin/German/French/nearly every other language :roftl: It really wouldn't make much difference to our knowledge about our own language. I wish I could study it though since I speak French and I used to study some Spanish, it could be helpful!

Not here, unfortunately. :no: You can only study it in some universities but I think it's not common at all. Maybe it's because the Finnish language is so different to Latin/German/French/nearly every other language :roftl: It really wouldn't make much difference to our knowledge about our own language. I wish I could study it though since I speak French and I used to study some Spanish, it could be helpful!

Greek is really different to Latin as well! And we study Ancient Greek too, so I don't see any reason why should we study Latin in the first place :huh: It really is helpful though, it's really similar to English, French and Spanish.

Greek is really different to Latin as well! And we study Ancient Greek too, so I don't see any reason why should we study Latin in the first place :huh: It really is helpful though, it's really similar to English, French and Spanish.

I studied it for a year and all I can remember from it is 'Ego' :lmfao: I really didn't like it:shocked:

Wow! :shocked: That is so cool! Greek is a beautiful language, I wish I could understand it. :teehee: Oh well.

I studied it for a year and all I can remember from it is 'Ego' :lmfao: I really didn't like it:shocked:

It is the most difficult subject EVER, I hate it:sneaky2:

Wow! :shocked: That is so cool! Greek is a beautiful language, I wish I could understand it. :teehee: Oh well.

It's beautiful indeed, but as I said, really difficult. And it gets kinda boring after a while, all you learn is grammar. So consider yourself lucky you don't study it:teehee:

If you want to have a life, don't go to school in general. I just spent my precious weekend studying chemistry, latin and english. :no:

nono GO TO SCHOOL...unless you dont want to have a life in the long term xD

and chemistry, physics and maths for me. it sucks i know :aah: (+ art)

...and now I've got to go analyse some poems :yay: then write and essay comparing poems... :yay::mf_rosetinted:

LIFE IS SO FUN :D:mf_rosetinted:

:tears::aah:

...and now I've got to go analyse some poems :yay: then write and essay comparing poems... :yay::mf_rosetinted:

I hate that, I REALLY hate it because I never have enough inspiration :mf_rosetinted:

The analysis of poems part is great!

I did A level English Literature and got an A, so you'll do great! :D

Archived