Mika and Carla Bruni on Michel Legrand's Christmas Album

BiaIchihara

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to it! Not my favorite song unfortunately :aah:

Christmas is getting close :wub2::newyear:

Lol, it's not my favorite song either :teehee: When I was dreaming about Mika singing another Christmas song I didn't actually have Jingle Bells (in French) in my mind...

But I'm still really looking forward to it! I want to hear his version and I think singing a Christmas song (on a Christmas album) is a great idea! :thumb_yello: The winter is getting darker and darker, this was a very nice surprise :wub2:

So...he's singing in French again...:blink:

Yes. Maybe it was simple offered to him and it felt a good idea? I really don't think he wants to make his English speaking audience feel left out.

mika....and rufus wainwright (barely)...:wub2:

(which should be the title of this thread..who cares about carla bruni? :mf_rosetinted:)

Yes! :wub2: I wish we could hear more Rufus. But I love the idea of Mika and Rufus on the same Christmas album, definitely want to have this one.

Edited by tiibet

mika....and rufus wainwright (barely)...:wub2:

(which should be the title of this thread..who cares about carla bruni? :mf_rosetinted:)

+1 :thumb_yello: Carla is not my cup of tea and we read an hear too much about her at the moment.

Lol, it's not my favorite song either :teehee: When I was dreaming about Mika singing another Christmas song I didn't actually have Jingle Bells (in French) in my mind...

But I'm still really looking forward to it! I want to hear his version and I think singing a Christmas song (on a Christmas album) is a great idea! :thumb_yello: The winter is getting darker and darker, this was a very nice surprise :wub2:

Yes. Maybe it was simple offered to him and it felt a good idea? I really don't think he wants to make his English speaking audience feel left out.

Yes! :wub2: I wish we could hear more Rufus. But I love the idea of Mika and Rufus on the same Christmas album, definitely want to have this one.

When someone like Legarnd asked you if you want to sing on his new album, you must feel quite flattered and accept without thinking any further:thumb_yello:

When someone like Legarnd asked you if you want to sing on his new album, you must feel quite flattered and accept without thinking any further:thumb_yello:

Yes, I kind-of agree with that. It was a project that came up. He was asked and he agreed. I would prefer him to sing something like 'O Holy Night', something that would showcase his vocals, but the Jingle-Bells song will probably be fun. I feel happy for Mika, but the one thing I felt disappointed about really when I read the first post yesterday, is that, once again, it's all about France. Nothing really for the UK. But then I read Greg's tweets on the twitter thread, about album#3 and felt better again. Maybe soon there will be a single released in Britain, and other non French speaking countries. A song in English that will put Mika back at the top again. That is what I hope for mostly, but this is okay for now. It's something to look forward to and talk about, while we wait for the new stuff from Mika.

I know, it's quite an honor, isn't it? :thumb_yello: There are several "children's songs" on the list (most of them are popular translated in many languages), I'm curious to hear the new versions.

It is Label Barclay's Christmas release in France so all the artists who appear on it are signed with Universal...

They must all be flattered, of course, but the artist selection is likely to have followed that logic.

Yes, I kind-of agree with that. It was a project that came up. He was asked and he agreed. I would prefer him to sing something like 'O Holy Night', something that would showcase his vocals, but the Jingle-Bells song will probably be fun. I feel happy for Mika, but the one thing I felt disappointed about really when I read the first post yesterday, is that, once again, it's all about France. Nothing really for the UK. But then I read Greg's tweets on the twitter thread, about album#3 and felt better again. Maybe soon there will be a single released in Britain, and other non French speaking countries. A song in English that will put Mika back at the top again. That is what I hope for mostly, but this is okay for now. It's something to look forward to and talk about, while we wait for the new stuff from Mika.

I understand your point well, it's been a long time since he did anything for the UK :huglove: But as you said, the new album will be in English and this is something to look forward to and talk while waiting, I hope it will be fun :wink2:

It is Label Barclay's Christmas release in France so all the artists who appear on it are signed with Universal...

They must all be flattered, of course, but the artist selection is likely to have followed that logic.

Yes, I noticed that too. But ML seems like an interesting person to work with (I don't know much about him, but he has done a LOT) and this was probably a nice experience.

But I feel left out and I'm not even a true English speaker!:emot-sad:

I understand it's great for him and all that:teehee: but I have a thing with the French language, bad conscience maybe, that I didn't pay much attention to it in school...but I had such a mean teacher! :naughty:

when I first heard vive le vent is jingle bells I thought about something joyful, crazy and amazing but now I see the french lyrics are different than the english ones, no horse sledge riding...so....more calm..? will see...:original: (google trans is usually sooo funny...:roftl:)

ps. ahhh...and thanks god it's not a duet...:teehee:..(I thought so when I saw the title of this thread...) I think M is the best when he sings alone

Edited by Melisanda

ps 2 . I forgot to write what i wanted to write...who's the mysterious " -M-" that sings "Douce nuit"???? I hope it's hiding Mika and it's a Big silent surprise...."Silent night" is such a beautiful song... and it requires a really high voice....

ps 2 . I forgot to write what i wanted to write...who's the mysterious " -M-" that sings "Douce nuit"???? I hope it's hiding Mika and it's a Big silent surprise...."Silent night" is such a beautiful song... and it requires a really high voice....

M is Mathieu Cheddid, a famous French singer. Try his name on youtube if you want to know how he sounds like and what he looks like :wink2:

I'm actually curious about the new song Hope Christmas. Who wrote it and who sings it? In the article it says something about "unpublished Mika", but that could be wrong, it could just have been translated that way. But I'm interested; and I know what I hope for in this case!

M is Mathieu Cheddid, a famous French singer. Try his name on youtube if you want to know how he sounds like and what he looks like :wink2:

thank you!!! (for killing my fantasy:roftl: no, no! I'm just kidding:wink2:) I went to yt...M.Ch. is very interesting!!! I will listen to him!!!:thumb_yello: thanks again!!

ps. and you also don't sleep at night?:wink2: (sister in crime...:wink2:)

thank you!!! (for killing my fantasy:roftl: no, no! I'm just kidding:wink2:) I went to yt...M.Ch. is very interesting!!! I will listen to him!!!:thumb_yello: thanks again!!

ps. and you also don't sleep at night?:wink2: (sister in crime...:wink2:)

Glad you discovered an interesting artist :thumb_yello: Sorry for having killed your fantasy :teehee::biggrin2:

ps: I do shifts and had to wake up early to start working at 6 am :wink2:

Glad you discovered an interesting artist :thumb_yello: Sorry for having killed your fantasy :teehee::biggrin2:

ps: I do shifts and had to wake up early to start working at 6 am :wink2:

:thumb_yello: yes, I have to listen to more music from him....does he always look like a cat? I mean the hair. like from "Cats" musical. I like it:wink2:

ahhh....nevermind...I can have another fantasy pretty soon....:roftl: I'm quite good at it..... (on the other hand I'm very realistic...)

I hope you like it (walking up early) .. .for me it's a nightmare. I'm most animated in the evening

Edited by Melisanda

I'm actually curious about the new song Hope Christmas. Who wrote it and who sings it? In the article it says something about "unpublished Mika", but that could be wrong, it could just have been translated that way. But I'm interested; and I know what I hope for in this case!

New song is written by Michel legrand himself and it's the one where Rufus Wainwright sings in it:thumb_yello: