Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

About the video.. I really really like it (almost as much as the song) and wouldn't mind if it would be the official music video. When I remember the first time I saw EMD video, I thought that I didn't like it because there was no Mika, but now I see this wasn't the case :naughty:

I like it a lot too. Lots of gorgeous people with tattoos in it. :teehee: It also gives me this summery, care-free vibe (how cheesy of me).

no, it seems to be a damned leaking mistake! :lmfao:

Well, Mika didn't seem too upset about it after the initial shock... :naughty:

So now we immediately know why he fired the band....Because he won't need one anymore.

Urgh I hate this kind of music that's so robotic.

He needs to change if music changes.... and I don´t mean "his" music, but music in general

the video is magic :wub2:

i love the 2 holding hands at the end. So many emotions.

The short film is absolutely magical!! :wub2: Loved it from the first moment. Well Done Andy!

lol, it was already uploaded yesterday... :naughty: i bet mika wasn't so surprised by the "leak" as he said on twitter. :teehee:

Hahah, all this looks like a well-planned strategy to me :teehee: Looks it's working too!

and it's pretty clear now why he needs a different group of musicians to back him.

He won't need ANY musicians. Just someone to twiddle some knobs. I have lost all faith in my favourite artist.

He won't need ANY musicians. Just someone to twiddle some knobs. I have lost all faith in my favourite artist.

Aw... don´t think so. We all know that songs sound different live. We still don´t know how he is going to "treat" these new songs live, let´s wait and see before going all depressed....

ah, now i know what it reminds me of... owl city, fireflies. though i have to admit that currently i like "fireflies" more than the new mika song, also the video... but i've always loved that song, it has something magical (also partly because of the video) that "make you happy" misses. MYH is better to dance to though. :thumb_yello:

Indeed !

I searched "mika" at VIMEO in last night... couldn't found it ( it was PRIVATE) :mikadas:

of course it was private, otherwise mfc would've found it yesterday already. :naughty: still it's a weird "coincidence" that they upload this video and the next day the song leaks. :fisch:

but whatever, i love the fact that it leaked, and mika is alright with it too, so whether it was on purpose or not i don't care. :pinkbow:

I'm reallt surprised that it's so electronic. Wasn't expecting this but I'm not dissapointed at all. It's a nice song. Not anything very shocking and different from other musicians but it's just a small taste of the new album. I like the direction Mika is heading to, although I hope that he still has some parts of his old sound (I really like those songs with happy mellodies like Toyboy or Billy Brown)

i was a bit sad to hear the changes from the second album to the third album. at first, when i listen to make you happy, i felt like i dont know mika anymore. it feels like i lost him. and i was really.. really sad. because i think.. his songs genre changed from MIKA to electro. and i thought that he would die like copies.. not like MIKA.

but then, i try to listen to it over and over again. then, i started to like it. then i think, "this is the new mika. and the genre is still called MIKA." :mikalove:

i think.. whatever kind of music he made, it always can turned into MIKA-genre. he has his own genre, you know.. :mikacool: :')

I'm not overly fond of this song. :sad:

I think I read a previous post in which someone describing it as being "disjointed" and, to me, that was a good way to describe it. I realize Mika is changing his sound for the new album, which I have no problem with! I like electronic music in general, but just something about this song in particular I don't really care for.

I'll give it a few more listens though. :thumb_yello:

That's not true. All of Robyn's music is exactly like this and she has a full band on stage. She even has two drummers.

Indeed !

I searched "mika" at VIMEO in last night... couldn't found it ( it was PRIVATE) :mikadas:

of course it was private, otherwise mfc would've found it yesterday already. :naughty:

That's what I thought :lmfao:

still it's a weird "coincidence" that they upload this video and the next day the song leaks. :fisch:

I think there was an element of it being released before they were ready but obviously they were getting ready very very soon. :naughty: I don't go in for all this secrecy anyway. We want to hear the music, just put it out there already. :thumb_yello:

I think I read a previous post in which someone describing it as being "disjointed" and, to me, that was a good way to describe it.

Yeah it all sounded a bit chaotic to me on first listen but it all came together after the 2nd or 3rd listen. I think my brain was confused trying to reconcile Mika's voice in with this un-Mika sound. :naughty: It will be interesting to hear what people think who haven't listened to Mika in 5 years or don't know him at all.

i was a bit sad to hear the changes from the second album to the third album. at first, when i listen to make you happy, i felt like i dont know mika anymore. it feels like i lost him. and i was really.. really sad. because i think.. his songs genre changed from MIKA to electro. and i thought that he would die like copies.. not like MIKA.

but then, i try to listen to it over and over again. then, i started to like it. then i think, "this is the new mika. and the genre is still called MIKA." :mikalove:

i think.. whatever kind of music he made, it always can turned into MIKA-genre. he has his own genre, you know.. :mikacool: :')

yeah for me, it's pretty much the same .. especially when I listened to it for the first time.:teehee: I didn't expect to hear that kind of electro but I think it's really amazing song .... and it made me sooooo happy:wub2:

Yeah it all sounded a bit chaotic to me on first listen but it all came together after the 2nd or 3rd listen. I think my brain was confused trying to fit Mika's voice in with this un-Mika sound. :naughty: It will be interesting to hear what people think who haven't listened to Mika in 5 years or don't know him at all.

Exactly! Plus I just woke up, so my brain is a little slow. :lol3:

Listened to it 3 more times and it's growing on me. Still not 100% there, but definitely better than the first time I listened to it!

That's not true. All of Robyn's music is exactly like this and she has a full band on stage. She even has two drummers.

Maybe, but that's for "live" effect. Most electronic music can be created without any musicians, mostly on a computer. And besides, I don't want Mika to sound like Robyn. I want him to sound like Mika, and this type of stuff doesn't make use of his talent.

I just listened it for the first time, but I think I love it already. Though it seemed really different at first, it's still very... Mika! But I don't have time to listen it more right now... I hope the interned connection doesn't break again, so I can listen it later... Aaaah I'm getting crazy over here :excite:

Yes, there is a strangeness in the beginning but the music is very good,

Mika's voice is especially beautiful. I did'nt like the voices with effects but the video is just perfect. For me it represents the various forms of love and all done with sensitivity and beauty.

Change is part of every artist. Creation demands new ways.

Mika is contemporary and wants to reach a greater audience with his art.

Brazilian hugs for everyone =)

I've just heard Make you happy and I know many of you feel like he has a bit changed.. but I think we can actually recognize him in the melody of this song.

Clearly, the shape has been changed but I believe that shape contains something has not changed. :mikadas:

it matches so well with the film. Great move to have them both out at once :wink2:

You know, I almost feel the song sounds better with the film... I really like the video and it's nice to watch it while listening to Mika's voice.