Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

It sounds great on a proper sound system compared to playing the yt video through my phone which quite frankly sounds nasty.

I love the film, it fits it perfectly. Tim even likes the song which really says something as he is not Mika's biggest fan:naughty: I think the song will do really well and hopefully change his image in this country. Well done Mika :mikadas: (I didn't know we had these, I like this one)

My initial reaction was alienation. I had nothing to relate to emotionally because I'm not in that place and cannot remember ever being there. I probably was, but I'm old now :naughty:

I gave it a second listen and totally got it musically. I still can't relate, but I enjoy it so much musically because it reminds me of the music I listened to when I was young, but sounds completely fresh.

I was really hoping somebody would do something like this, but I never expected it to be Mika. Should have known it would be. He keeps fulfilling my musical fantasies.

I really wasn't looking forward to the album because I have no use for love songs, but if it's going to be this musically engaging all the way through, I really cannot wait to hear it.

Keeping my excitement low-key because I don't know how long I will have to wait, but definitely getting excited. He surprised me again:punk:

Love this!!!!! So Pet Shop Boys-ish :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Exactly!:thumb_yello:

After listening to i all morning i finally realised what it reminds me of:The Pet Shop Boys!!!

I remembered of Royksopp, would never think of PSB hearing this song :aah::aah::aah:

WHAT A NEWS :shocked:

I don't know if i need to be worried, if is an accident, a marketing strategy or what but I'm SO HAPPY (if Mika has no damages from that)...!

Hope is ok for him...usually is not a great thing to have song and video released before the official date...:blink:

Anyway I like the video very much...I think Mika and Andy did an amazing job cause you can FEEL what the song says through images! It's wonderful!

About the song I need to re-listen it (and I will...like...in loop mode) but I like it! Is a really sweet song (haven't read the lyric yet so please bare with my language barrier) and it scares me a bit cause usually Mika isnt so sweet...seems also "commercial" with the sound effects and stuff but I like it very much!

Ok...someone stops me! I'm EXCITED :mikasweat::mikalove:

Oh I love the "if I said I'm upbeat I'd be lying" line. I really hope that IS what he says or I'll look like an arse.

I'm shocked to see it being released like this though, it all seems a bit accidental to me. And to be honest I wasn't expecting a change this dramatic in his music.

That being said I love this song to bits. I'm not sure about the synthesizer voice but otherwise it's like a breath of fresh air. It's going to be interesting to see how these new songs will be included to his setlists. I seriously can't see Mika playing something like I See You right before this one. :aah:

ME TOOOOO!!!! :excite: :excite: :excite: :excite:

and the end bit, in the high voice being repeated :wub2:

Never gonna give you up, never gonna (?)

Where's it gonna end up?

I'm never gonna let you down. x4

All I wanna do is make you happy x3

Never gonna give you up, never gonna shut you out (?), where’s it gonna end up? never gonna let you down. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna shut you out. Where's it gonna end up? I’m never gonna let you down.

Then like, he just repeats that stuff..? :P

Lookie look - http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rick+astley/never+gonna+give+you+up_20116173.html Thief :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Edited by qwurtie

It's a voice created by a synthesizer,and then Mika,and then that voice again and again,and then Mika,and......:aah::aah::aah:

Right, I have very mixed feeling atm :dunno:

But to be honest, I've been expecting something like that after listening to Gang Bang.:blink:

The chorus is a bit haotic Imo, except at the end :aah:

I love the vid and somehow I'm sure I'm gonna adore the song eventually:naughty:

Edited by Shine

I love that song, it truly makes me happy :woot_jump:

It sounds like a hit in English that could bring Mika back to the top and TOOL too :biggrin2:

For those who think it is different, well it is but I believe all songs of the album wil sound different , so fans can have also Underwater and Overrated there and jumpy tunes as "Make you happy" that could be a summer hit everywhere , just as Elle Me Dit was and bring lots of new fans to Mika :woot_jump:

I'm all for that song and the feeling I get from it is that Mika's happy and in love :wub2: so I feel good vibes there :woot_jump:

Right, I have very mixed feeling atm :dunno:

But to be honest, I've been expecting something like that after listening to Gang Bang.:blink:

The chorus is a bit haotic Imo, except at the end :aah:

I love the vid and somehow I'm sure I'm gonna adore the song eventually:naughty:

I didn't :aah:

Becks ‏@LadyMeeks

@mikasounds de fan a artista... no me gusta Gang Bang. Espero que tu disco sea mejor... confío en ti.

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

@LadyMeeks my new records are very different, but I think where she took it is interesting

:teehee:

If you judge the powerfullness of a song by how many times you have to listened to it before it get stuck in your head. This is a very powerful song as it got stuck in my head after 2 listenings.

As far as I've been able to tell, his albums all tell a story, from start to finish. This song is NOT meant to be a single. This is like, what if Dr John was leaked before we'd heard anything else? It would be just as polarizing. We're not getting context here, even though it's a good song, and has a gorgeous short film to go with it.

I rather like it, even with its' differences from what he's done in the past.