Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

It's... it's...

It's so unusual, strange, and not mikaish at all.

If I heard this song somewhere on the radio, I wouldn't recognize him, I'm afraid!

To gather my feelings I should wait several days and listen more times.

Anyway, great present for my future b-day..

As far as I've been able to tell, his albums all tell a story, from start to finish. This song is NOT meant to be a single. This is like, what if Dr John was leaked before we'd heard anything else? It would be just as polarizing.

We did hear Dr. John out of context with the album. He performed it 2 months before the album came out. And I never cared for it to be honest. :aah:

Anyway all of Mika's songs are polarizing. :naughty: If you polled people on their favourite song from TBWKTM you would get 13 different top picks. :wink2:

Great song :boing:

the video is magic :wub2:

i love the 2 holding hands at the end. So many emotions.

What video, Robi?

Sorry, I haven't had time to go through this thread.

PS: just found it :doh:

No time to post now, rather listen 20 more times :teehee:

Edited by suzie

I love that song, it truly makes me happy :woot_jump:

It sounds like a hit in English that could bring Mika back to the top and TOOL too :biggrin2:

For those who think it is different, well it is but I believe all songs of the album wil sound different , so fans can have also Underwater and Overrated there and jumpy tunes as "Make you happy" that could be a summer hit everywhere , just as Elle Me Dit was and bring lots of new fans to Mika :woot_jump:

I'm all for that song and the feeling I get from it is that Mika's happy and in love :wub2: so I feel good vibes there :woot_jump:

I agree with you. What I love about this song, and I loved it on listen#1, is that it's so different from any other song around. No one can say it sounds like "This song", or "That Song", or "He's nicked the melody from Such and such a band/singer".

It's unique and original like GK was (and still is) The electro bit doesn't bother me, in fact, I like it. My son said it sounds like a Dalek talking, but he's not into Mika anyway and loves to tease me about Mika. But I think the UK should take this song to their hearts, if it gets played.

After reading all the thread, i'm not sure now whether it's the new single, or it's just to promote the album. That'll have to be confirmed. If it's leaked by mistake and Mika didn't want it out there, I'm sure TM will take it down. But I'm very happy today! The Maestro is back where he belongs!!!!!!!

If it is a single, my impression of the vid is that it's not the REAL official one, just something for now. So peeps shouldn't worry about it atm.

About the video.. I really really like it (almost as much as the song) and wouldn't mind if it would be the official music video. When I remember the first time I saw EMD video, I thought that I didn't like it because there was no Mika, but now I see this wasn't the case :naughty:

Btw is this vid official? Mika tweeted about vid, so maybe there is going o be another one, with Mika in it?

This video is interesting, but i'd be much happier to see Mika's face. Da Man is too modest!

Andy just tweeted the link:

like i said on twitter before, i'm not really into this robot voice thing (the first few seconds of the song i was like "ok, i hope this gets better..."), but apart from that, i really like the song. especially towards the end, when it turns so dynamic and has a sort of climax, if you know what i mean. it's a shame really that the chorus is "destroyed" by this robot voice (IMO), but maybe i'll get used to that too. :naughty: i guess (hope) he won't use robot voices in every song on the album, so i guess i'll be ok with the direction his new music is taking. :teehee:

We did hear Dr. John out of context with the album. He performed it 2 months before the album came out. And I never cared for it to be honest. :aah:

Anyway all of Mika's songs are polarizing. :naughty: If you polled people on their favourite song from TBWKTM you would get 13 different top picks. :wink2:

Live performance and leak, two different things. He's had a ridiculously tight cap on everything from this album.

You don't think he's polarizing people on PURPOSE, do you? (snicker)

Not sure if this one is a workable 'perform live' song, TBH. too much alteration to sound, too processed.

Going to be a fun ride finding out, though!

Andy just tweeted the link:

lol, it was already uploaded yesterday... :naughty: i bet mika wasn't so surprised by the "leak" as he said on twitter. :teehee:

great to see it in hd quality! i'm glad though that it isn't the official music video, like andy said in a tweet before - i like it as a background to the song, but i wouldn't like another (official music) video without mika in it. :wink2:

lol, it was already uploaded yesterday... :naughty: i bet mika wasn't so surprised by the "leak" as he said on twitter. :teehee:

great to see it in hd quality! i'm glad though that it isn't the official music video, like andy said in a tweet before - i like it as a background to the song, but i wouldn't like another (official music) video without mika in it. :wink2:

Hahaha!! Oh, Mika :roll1:

For someone who said he would "relentlessly pursue melodies", I don't think this is up to much.

I can see what you mean :teehee:

but either I downgraded my standards, or really mika has been able to change my likes these past 2 years.

I just read on the MS&T thread that Make You Happy isn't the first single. Just thought I'd pass that on.

It seems to be a taster to promote the album.:mikadas:

no, it seems to be a damned leaking mistake! :lmfao:

Btw is this vid official? Mika tweeted about vid, so maybe there is going o be another one, with Mika in it?

This video is interesting, but i'd be much happier to see Mika's face. Da Man is too modest!

Mika called it short film and it wasn't supposed to be a single or first a single, but this video is official :wink2:

Mika called it short film and it wasn't supposed to be a single or first a single, but this video is official :wink2:

:sneaky2: No Mika again...

But ha! Obviously, he promotes himself via Internet again. A wise move! Lurve our Internet freak :naughty:

Live performance and leak, two different things. He's had a ridiculously tight cap on everything from this album.

I just don't think you need to hear the song in the context of the album to judge it. Either you like it or you don't. I mean anyone who was around in 2006 or early 2007 heard half the songs from LICM out of context of the album. Some people heard Relax first, some people heard GK first, some people heard LT first.

I think this song is 2012's version of Relax. They are going to float it around so that anyone who is interested in these things gets a taste of Mika's new sound and then they are going to go full on with the single like they did with GK.

Not sure if this one is a workable 'perform live' song, TBH. too much alteration to sound, too processed.

Robyn does this kind of stuff live. I'm sure Mika will make it work and it's pretty clear now why he needs a different group of musicians to back him.

I would imagine it was private yesterday. :naughty:

yeah, I don´t think he was that surprised about the leaking as if you said it was uploaded yesterday. I think he plays his role the best way and I´m sure after his tweet he´s been stalking his replies to check the response. And for what I´ve seen he´s gone to have lunch with a big smile :naughty:

Which is good, and I´m happy that people sent him love and support and stuff. Still I think we shouldn´t judge the whole album just for this song, but it´s true that he said it was going to be more electronic, so.... :dunno: