Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

I can't understand why they released this in France 3 months early with no fanfare. What was the point? :dunno:They at least need to put a video out there.

Yes, the video for EMD came quite late after the single release, and it's only after this that it went to #1. I wonder if there will be a video soonish..

From what I can see and hear, Celebrate is getting some radio airplay here but not that much and not particularly advertised

Oh and I would have loved some 'fanfare' as you say!

Yes, the video for EMD came quite late after the single release, and it's only after this that it went to #1. I wonder if there will be a video soonish..

From what I can see and hear, Celebrate is getting some radio airplay here but not that much and not particularly advertised

I think the proper worldwide launch for this song is coming in a couple of weeks (the same as it did for WAG in July 2009). No idea why they decided to float it out there early in France but I guess it doesn't matter. :dunno:

Celebrate is #147 on French Itunes :huh: EMD is #144! :aah:

I think he will need promotion this time, EMD was a hit with him giving only a couple of radio interviews but it seems it won't work like that everytime :dunno:

the festivals he's doing in france might help a bit as well. :wink2: and i bet he'll do more promo when he's there.

I'm lost now. :blink: Wasn't Celebrate No3 already on Sunday, 2 days after its release in France? Or what type of chart was that one?

As far as I know, it was #5 for pop songs only last weekend, and if I remember well around #17 in the main chart. I suppose it was fans buying it all at the same time who made it reach that place, but it went down very quickly

As far as I know, it was #5 for pop songs only last weekend, and if I remember well around #17 in the main chart. I suppose it was fans buying it all at the same time who made it reach that place, but it went down very quickly

..strange. I really thought it would do better in France. Has there been a physical single released as well or is it digital download only at the moment?

Yes, I've noticed that too. I'm quite disappointed: this new song should have been more advertised and put in its context of festivals and gigs :sneaky2:

I just messaged GetMusic (which is apparently the name UMG go by in Oz) on Facebook to see if they knew anything about it. Here's hoping I get some sort of response.

I also just checked iTunes and there's no sign of it yet.

Yeah it says it's not available to purchase when I click on it :blink:

I know its strange, when I click on the link is says "the requested item is not available" :blink:

But I tried to buy it today, and it worked. So now I've finally bought Celebrate :wub2:

I know its strange, when I click on the link is says "the requested item is not available" :blink:

But I tried to buy it today, and it worked. So now I've finally bought Celebrate :wub2:

Sweet :thumb_yello: I just bought it too

Sweet :thumb_yello: I just bought it too

Great :thumb_yello: and hopefully will we hear it on radio soon :wink2:

Edit: just looked and they've played it a lot on sr. Which is a good sign even if they don't play the most mainstream songs. They even have the song in this program Flipp eller Flopp!

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2966&artikel=5162196

Edited by Lilasko

So I've listened to a swedish radio program in which they say if a song is a flip or a flop. So this time they reviewed Celebrate and I was really nervous they wouldn't like it, but they did.

And they did like it even more when they found out it was Mika. So that shows us that they haven't forgot him here in Sweden and that the song probably will get a lot of air time on their channels! ;D

Edited by Lilasko

So I've listened to a swedish radio program in which they say if a song is a flip or a flop. So this time they reviewed Celebrate and I was really nervous they wouldn't like it, but they did.

And they did like it even more when they found it was Mika. So that shows us that they haven't forgot him here in Sweden and that the song probably will get a lot of air time on their channels! ;D

Very good!

Sent an email to Itunes yesterday to ask when they will start to sell Celebrate in the Swedish store and now I received an answer. They are fast!

Unfortunately didn't eh answer my question :huh: But he answer my email really nice (or maybe it's a standard form?) and said that I could request it here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

So that's what I've done, so hopefully I'll be able to buy it soon.

What a good idea that was :)