Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

...because I saw some people commenting on Celebrate how Bieber has sent them here by adding Celebrate to his playlist. I had to make sure :mf_rosetinted: Don't worry, I'm not trading Mika for Bieber, at least not yet :naughty:

Neither am I, but I'm loving him for adding Mika to his playlist so his fans can find Mika!

Neither am I, but I'm loving him for adding Mika to his playlist so his fans can find Mika!

True. Maybe Bieber fans are not exactly the audience we would wish for Mika, but any kind of publicity is a good thing for him :thumb_yello: Shame it only lasted for a few hours, now there are other videos.

True. Maybe Bieber fans are not exactly the audience we would wish for Mika, but any kind of publicity is a good thing for him :thumb_yello: Shame it only lasted for a few hours, now there are other videos.

Why arn't they? Anyone can love Mika if they get to know about him. It doesn't matter who they are. True, Bieber's fans are usually kids, but their parents could also be exposed to Mika if their kids get to like him.

The more the merrier!

Why arn't they? Anyone can love Mika if they get to know about him. It doesn't matter who they are. True, Bieber's fans are usually kids, but their parents could also be exposed to Mika if their kids get to like him.

The more the merrier!

It's not because of age, it's about behavior. I don't think anyone wants a M&G with Mika like this one...

[YOUTUBE]MD9pcGonqeI[/YOUTUBE]

It's not because of age, it's about behavior. I don't think anyone wants a M&G with Mika like this one...

[YOUTUBE]MD9pcGonqeI[/YOUTUBE]

:shocked::shocked::shocked: That's terrible, what a craziness, I think this never will happen with Mika, fortunately. You saw what happened in Tunisia and Mika wasn't comfortable with that. I love his M&G calm, relaxed that's the only way you can chat with him :wub2:

:shocked::shocked::shocked: That's terrible, what a craziness, I think this never will happen with Mika, fortunately. You saw what happened in Tunisia and Mika wasn't comfortable with that. I love his M&G calm, relaxed that's the only way you can chat with him :wub2:

Compared Tunisia's M&G with this one, Tunisia's looks like the most calm and relaxed M&G ever. Bieber can only dream about such a M&G :naughty: I have nothing against Bieber fans as individuals, but when there's too much of them in one place, they look and act like wild animals :boxed:

Aside from the excessive screaming it looks pretty much like what I saw in Montreal a couple of weeks ago. :naughty: I asked security to let us out another way because I didn't want to try to get back through this crowd of people all pressed up against the fence chanting his name and trying to get a glimpse of Mika. I didn't see how he was ever going to go out there into that crowd and sign autographs and was surprised to see people tweeting pics later. I don't know if Mika came out much later and the crowd had dispersed a bit or security managed to organize them better or what. But I was afraid of them so I don't know how Mika handled it. It was the same thing when he was on stage and jumped down. People were grabbing at him, etc.

I honestly think it's just the energy of the crowd and nothing to do with individuals. When Mika came out for sound check the crowd was thin and everyone was relaxed. But the energy of a full blown show with a packed audience or hundreds of people crammed into a small space hoping to get an autograph changes the whole dynamic and people"s behaviour.

I think hard core Mika fans who have seen him many times are a bit better in the sense that they know what these situations are like. They know Mika is going to come out and try to sign for everyone and if the crowd is chill he will be relaxed and there's no need for all this hysteria, etc. Justin Bieber fans also know that JB is not going to do that. He is probably only going to get to a dozen girls at the front and they know if they don't fight and claw their way they are not even going to get a glimpse of him. That's just the situation.

Aside from the excessive screaming it looks pretty much like what I saw in Montreal a couple of weeks ago. :naughty: I asked security to let us out another way because I didn't want to try to get back through this crowd of people all pressed up against the fence chanting his name and trying to get a glimpse of Mika. I didn't see how he was ever going to go out there into that crowd and sign autographs and was surprised to see people tweeting pics later. I don't know if Mika came out much later and the crowd had dispersed a bit or security managed to organize them better or what. But I was afraid of them so I don't know how Mika handled it. It was the same thing when he was on stage and jumped down. People were grabbing at him, etc.

I honestly think it's just the energy of the crowd and nothing to do with individuals. When Mika came out for sound check the crowd was thin and everyone was relaxed. But the energy of a full blown show with a packed audience or hundreds of people crammed into a small space hoping to get an autograph changes the whole dynamic and people"s behaviour.

I think hard core Mika fans who have seen him many times are a bit better in the sense that they know what these situations are like. They know Mika is going to come out and try to sign for everyone and if the crowd is chill he will be relaxed and there's no need for all this hysteria, etc. Justin Bieber fans also know that JB is not going to do that. He is probably only going to get to a dozen girls at the front and they know if they don't fight and claw their way they are not even going to get a glimpse of him. That's just the situation.

I'm glad you didn't asked why I am watching M&G with Bieber :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I'm glad you didn't asked why I am watching M&G with Bieber :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I let it slide but since you brought it up...? :fisch:

The other thing is this is NOT a meet and greet. Artists coming out to say hi to their fans who are trapped behind a fence or huddled into an alleyway is not a M&G. :naughty: I'm sure JB is having real M&Gs backstage at every show and people are not carrying on like that. I bet a lot of these girls are too nervous and shy to even say much to him when they are face to face in a normal setting.

I let it slide but since you brought it up...? :fisch:

Okay, I confess :mf_rosetinted: I'm one of those girls who were screaming and later run after the car :mf_rosetinted: It's one of the most wonderful memories I have, that's why I was watching it :fangurl::mf_rosetinted:

The other thing is this is NOT a meet and greet. Artists coming out to say hi to their fans who are trapped behind a fence or huddled into an alleyway is not a M&G. :naughty: I'm sure JB is having real M&Gs backstage at every show and people are not carrying on like that. I bet a lot of these girls are too nervous and shy to even say much to him when they are face to face in a normal setting.

Do you happen to know how much these M&Gs cost? :naughty: I need to start save up for a M&G with Bieber, Mika's album can wait :mf_rosetinted:

Do you happen to know how much these M&Gs cost? :naughty: I need to start save up for a M&G with Bieber, Mika's album can wait :mf_rosetinted:

In Toronto it's $450. That, however, is a bargain compared to what it's cost me to go to Mika's M&Gs. Nothing in this life is free baby. :naughty:

*thinks* It must have cost TM a pretty penny to have Celebrate on Bieber's playlist! :aah:

*reads*

In Toronto it's $450. That, however, is a bargain compared to what it's cost me to go to Mika's M&Gs. Nothing in this life is free baby. :naughty:

... Oh. :mf_rosetinted:

The more the merrier!

How do you think I got to know Mika? because of my girl:thumb_yello: Bless her, she's never been a Bieber fan:fisch: and she's usually pretty calm (if not withdrawn, people who met her can testify:mf_rosetinted:)

How do you think I got to know Mika? because of my girl:thumb_yello: Bless her, she's never been a Bieber fan:fisch: and she's usually pretty calm (if not withdrawn, people who met her can testify:mf_rosetinted:)

Justin Bieber's music is not to my taste. Of the young artists out atm, I prefer One Direction. Still, I respect the young guy. He's just trying to make a living. He's better than a lot of the so-called-singers out there, and he does appeal to a lot of teenagers.

From what I can gather, he genuinely likes Mika. I think Mika genuinely likes him too. They could both do worse than have a colab together one day.

Maybe TM did pay Bieber's people for the chance to have the vid linked with Bieber's, but if they did, it's the publicity machine working. It was a good move. But however it happened, I'm sure Bieber was OK about it, because he wouldn't want his name linked with some rubbish vid from someone he didn't like.

So it's worked, however it happened, and it'll be OK

I think Universal is in full control of the VEVO accounts (unlike MikasoundsOfficial) and they just cross promote artists any way they want. There used to be ads for Justin Bieber on Mikasounds.com because they had a widget for Universal artist adverts embedded on all the pages. I don't think the artists have any say in which ads are used on their sites/VEVO pages.

I think Universal is in full control of the VEVO accounts (unlike MikasoundsOfficial) and they just cross promote artists any way they want.

Yes, I think that, too. There are a lot of playlists with a lot of other Universal-artists that are for sure not chosen by Mika on MikaVEVO as well. Just cross-promoting of the label.