Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

:boxed: I find it unimaginative, retro 70s -80s sound. I hope the full song will leave a better impression in me.

PS: I can see that it's out on Label Barclays. DO you think it's only for the French market? :dunno:

who knows? we are left here wondering! :naughty:

I can get what you mean: Make you happy is more original, more complex and fascinating.

This one seems just made for dancing wild!

who knows? we are left here wondering! :naughty:

I can get what you mean: Make you happy is more original, more complex and fascinating.

This one seems just made for dancing wild!

and seems perfect for the occasion: bunch of people at festival who'll like a dance song more than a complex weird (in a good way of course) song (that I hope we'll find in TOOL cause this is what makes Mika SO special to me)....

:boxed: I find it unimaginative, retro 70s -80s sound. I hope the full song will leave a better impression in me.

PS: I can see that it's out on Label Barclays. DO you think it's only for the French market? :dunno:

Yes, retro is a good word! You think it could be only for the French market? I never thought it could be. But I also imagined The Origin of Love to be the first single...

and seems perfect for the occasion: bunch of people at festival who'll like a dance song more than a complex weird (in a good way of course) song ...

...well, I don't dance to Cliff Richard :dunno:

anyway, I'll reserve final judgement till Friday but I don't have any good vibe from this snippet so far.

Nothing wrong with dancing wild. :dance_man:I needed something like this. Love today was not a philosophical song either.

So far we know couple of very different songs and that's great. :thumb_yello: I'm still in my mika-honeymoon mood so don't mind me liking everything so much. :blush-anim-cl:

I think it's not only for the French market. So far we know nothing about the song The Origin Of Love. Maybe it doesn't exist.:aah:

Edited by nenartus
have to edit the dancing smiley.

...well, I don't dance to Cliff Richard :dunno:

anyway, I'll reserve final judgement till Friday but I don't have any good vibe from this snippet so far.

me too, I think is fair :thumb_yello:

Nothing wrong with dancing wild. :dance_man:I needed something like this. Love today was not a philosophical song either.

So far we know couple of very different songs and that's great. :thumb_yello: I'm still in my mika-honeymoon mood so don't mind me liking everything so much. :blush-anim-cl:

I think it's not only for the French market. So far we know nothing about the song The Origin Of Love. Maybe it doesn't exist.:aah:

hhah good point!

Celebrate wasn't part of the list with possible songs of TOOL =O I can't wait til friday!!! loved it :mikalove:

love what Mika's doing so far :mikalove: hahah anyways, I always love what he does !

Finally got it to work by clicking on 'PC View' bit.

Assuming that Make You Happy was not 0, this song is a billion times better! Still not quite 100% hardcore mika, but I can hear him and where the song is going.

I see what everyone means by it being a dance tune. I love it

So far. A Bit mainstream, a bit mika- a grace Kelly -like hit maybe?

maybe we should try to get #CelebrateMika trending on friday... :wink2:

yaaay i knew someone else would be interested =P

hehe i love to organize trends =P even if the last one I tried didn't worked xP

we should definitively try to trend #CelebrateMika or just #Celebrate this friday at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=195&iso=20120615T08&msg=Mika%27s%20first%20single%20live%20listening%20at%20NRJ%20france&sort=1this time (for each country)

I suggested on twitter to trend the new single, but I hadn't idea of which tag we could use, let me know which one and when we start :wink2::wink2::wink2:

I'm on poopy headphone link at work so I can't make out the end...

Better pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be O.K.

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Being __ like this forever

I want the whole world to celebrate

Could it be, Be In Love Like This Forever :dunno:

Now that's what I'm talking about! I really do like it, from what I've heard. Was starting to get worried since Make You Happy isn't really my cup of tea. But I feel better now. :naughty:

Though I do wish the "I want the whole world to celebrate" part had more oomph...but whatever. :teehee:

Edited by daydreambeliever

Certainly very catchy chorus. I've only listened once and already it's replaying in my head :teehee:

Kind of puts me in mind of that Dizzee Rascal song, Holiday, which was a huge hit here. That kind of ultra summery vibe (without the rapping).

No idea yet whether I prefer it to MYH, it's too early to say.

I won't be able to listen to it live but I look forward to hearing a clip later. I've already listened to the snippet but I prefer it over Make You Happy...a lot. Can't say I was impressed with that one, sorry Meeks! I even find Celebrate to be a bit more commercial than what I was expecting but I'll reserve my full judgement until I hear the song in its entirety :)