Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

184113_277759979005746_87012778_n.jpg

n. 1 in finnish radio :naughty::teehee:

Uskomatonta! I can't believe it, because Finns usually follow trends in the UK or USA, but I'm very happy for that. It's a good publicity for the album (and better singles :naughty:) in Finland.

Uskomatonta! I can't believe it, because Finns usually follow trends in the UK or USA, but I'm very happy for that. It's a good publicity for the album (and better singles :naughty:) in Finland.

I know. :aah: LICM and TBWKTM sold really good here. Just waiting for TOOL and the numbers of sold copies. :teehee:

I know. :aah: LICM and TBWKTM sold really good here. Just waiting for TOOL and the numbers of sold copies. :teehee:

Ah, that would be very interesting to know. I thought, however, that TBWKTM didn't work in Finland and that Mika almost disappeared from the radio there (I'm not living there anymore so what do I know).

Ah, that would be very interesting to know. I thought, however, that TBWKTM didn't work in Finland and that Mika almost disappeared from the radio there (I'm not living there anymore so what do I know).

TBWKTM didn't work here, and he did disappeared from radios (excpet 2011 when they played BIOTG and summer 2012 before Celebrate they played Relax once :doh:) but it still sold well, they just didn't play Mika in radios.

Edited by liveforglitter

I an a bit confused now. I thought you were French.

184113_277759979005746_87012778_n.jpg

n. 1 in finnish radio :naughty::teehee:

That's just amazing, isn't it? :wub2: It also tells about the Finnish taste, I think Celebrate is a good choice for the first single here. It's not my favorite song, but it's something that can have a success in Finland. It's played a lot in the radio.

We didn't much hear his songs in the radio after TBWKTM but the situation is really changing. You are Finnish too? Or you have lived in Finland? I have missed it!

That's just amazing, isn't it? :wub2: It also tells about the Finnish taste, I think Celebrate is a good choice for the first single here. It's not my favorite song, but it's something that can have a success in Finland. It's played a lot in the radio.

We didn't much hear his songs in the radio after TBWKTM but the situation is really changing. You are Finnish too? Or you have lived in Finland? I have missed it!

It is. :wub2: Celebrate was really good choice indeed. Many of my friends didn't like Mika at all, but when they heard Celebrate from Nova, they were like "omg, I love this guy!" :aah:

It is. :wub2: Celebrate was really good choice indeed. Many of my friends didn't like Mika at all, but when they heard Celebrate from Nova, they were like "omg, I love this guy!" :aah:

I've had mixed feelings about it really. Especially after hearing other new songs from Origin. But it does seem popular and that's all that matters.

I've been trying to get it played on Radio One in the UK. Because the listeners are younger and download singles for their MP3s, wheras Radio 2 has older listeners who'd sooner buy an album to play, so R2 is good for the album sales, but not for the singles. They need to be on Radio One.

The twink for radio one is @BBCR1 if anyone wants to give them a tweet about Celebrate.

Oh and whilst on the subject... There's a twitter trending day on the 16th September for #TheOriginOfLove so lets get it trending worldwide on that day.

I an a bit confused now. I thought you were French.

No, I'm Finnish but I have been living in France and now in Luxembourg for more than 15 years. That's why I read lot of Mika news in french (I speak it better than english) and we watch the french TV at home. I just noticed that there is even a Finnish speaking thead! Have to go there!

I think Celebrate is a good choice for the first single here. It's not my favorite song, but it's something that can have a success in Finland. It's played a lot in the radio.

Yes, that seems to be a common sentiment -- It's not my favorite, but I can imagine (hope) that it will get some radio play here in the US. My first inkling that it might actually happen? My husband went to the gym this morning and he saw the video on the television there -- the gym has its own TV programming, which I'm sure they buy as a package from someone, but still, that was very encouraging. What was even more encouraging was when my husband said he actually listened to it for the first time outside of the house here and... he liked it! :shocked: He said it was different hearing it like that, rather than listening to it from my computer, or even from my iPod. :teehee:

There's hope for the man yet! And I don't just mean Mika, I mean, for my husband, too! :wink2:

Oh, and I also wanted to say that I was listening to the clip of the acoustic version of Celebrate, and Mika definitely does include the "China Boy" verse in the middle of the song. It's cut off in the clip, but you hear the first few words of it, so there will be a version of it available. :yay:

Oh, and I also wanted to say that I was listening to the clip of the acoustic version of Celebrate, and Mika definitely does include the "China Boy" verse in the middle of the song. It's cut off in the clip, but you hear the first few words of it, so there will be a version of it available. :yay:

Yay :yay: love the china boy verse! :wub2: