Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

• 3 years later...

Okay in Mika's song celebrate He says "I remembered those two letters, It will be okay" and later he says, "I remembered those three letters, It will be okay" What does it mean????!!!!! Im dying to know. HELP? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Edited by Hannah_joel

Okay in Mika's song celebrate He says "I remembered those two letters, It will be okay" and later he says, "I remembered those three letters, It will be okay" What does it mean????!!!!! Im dying to know. HELP? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Hi! I'm moving your post to the song's thread  :)  :thumb_yello:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/29598-celebrate-first-single-radio-listening-discussion-lyrics/

I think he only says "those two letters", not "those three letters" (unless I'm mishearing things, which wouldn't be the first time  :wink2:). Anyway, I think he's referring to the letters O and K in the word OK. I actually think Pharrell Williams wrote that line, because I seem to remember Mika saying that this line is "very Pharrell".

• 2 years later...
a mail from Team MIKA.
muWsBUZ.gif
muWsBUZ.gif
muWsBUZ.gif
Mika.png
muWsBUZ.gif
muWsBUZ.gif

muWsBUZ.gif
Ryan Riback reworks ‘Celebrate’!

A fantastic new rework of Mika’s huge hit single ‘Celebrate’ (feat. Pharrell Williams) is out today!

The very talented Ryan Riback has rediscovered the track and worked his magic on it. You might have heard it in the new Pilot pens commercial, they have chosen to use it across their 100 years of Pilot global tv campaign!
muWsBUZ.gif
muWsBUZ.gif
mika.png
muWsBUZ.gif
muWsBUZ.gif

muWsBUZ.gif
Speaking about the track, Ryan says: ‘When I got the call to work on a record by Mika and Pharrell I immediately jumped at the opportunity! “Celebrate” was already an amazing record but it was fun to take that record and put my own twist on it. Given the lyrics and vocal melody are so uplifting, I decided to keep it happy and fun, and just add some fresh sounds :)’
muWsBUZ.gif

muWsBUZ.gif

muWsBUZ.gif

muWsBUZ.gif
Now you can download the track too, it’s available worldwide here
Team Mika x
muWsBUZ.gif
muWsBUZ.gif
X4lcRmF.gif
X4lcRmF.gif
fb-b.png j94lMXw.png tw-b.png j94lMXw.png ig-b.png j94lMXw.png yt-b.png j94lMXw.png sp-b.png
X4lcRmF.gif
X4lcRmF.gif

muWsBUZ.gif

celebrate.thumb.png.fad1389b60052fff091bcf97578478e0.png

//MIKA & RYAN RIBACK RELEASE STUNNING REMIX OF 'CELEBRATE'//

MIKA

‘CELEBRATE (FEAT. PHARRELL WILLIAMS)’ REDISCOVERED BY RYAN RIBACK

LISTEN HERE

OUT 2ND MARCH [VIRGIN EMI]

Multi-platinum selling pop-star, Mika and, internationally acclaimed DJ/producer, Ryan Riback release a brand-new remix of the classic tune ‘Celebrate (feat. Pharrell Williams)’.

Originally released on Mika’s classic ‘Origin of Love’ album, ‘Celebrate’ was discovered by Riback who was inspired to reimagine it. The remix is an anthemic slice of upbeat dance-pop that perfectly encapsulates everything that makes Mika a singular talent in European pop music. The playful melodies, the huge chorus and through it all his distinctive, unmistakeable voice draws you in and takes you with it.   

The Australian based DJ/producer’s recent remix of Starley’s ‘Call on Me’ was a huge international hit, and this reworking of Mika’s track quickly caught the ear of Pilot Pens, who used it for the advert for their centenary campaign.

A bonefide pop legend, Mika has sold over 10 million records worldwide, had 5 top ten singles in the UK charts, won a BRIT award and even been nominated for a Grammy award. With this remix he’s adding yet another classic to his already impressive cannon.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Digging out this old thread, as I've recently been wondering whether the first verse of Celebrate is about him wanting to re-discover the man he was before becoming Mika (the popstar), which is what he found now with his new album.

I wanna come home

to the only place I know

where the trees I planted grow

I wanna come home

Those lines never made much sense to me, but if I view them in this context, they suddenly do, and the whole song becomes a lot more meaningful to me. (I must admit I never fully read this thread tho, so maybe my idea isn't new... trying to catch up, but it's 52 pages. :teehee:)