Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

I won't be able to listen to it live but I look forward to hearing a clip later. I've already listened to the snippet but I prefer it over Make You Happy...a lot. Can't say I was impressed with that one, sorry Meeks! I even find Celebrate to be a bit more commercial than what I was expecting but I'll reserve my full judgement until I hear the song in its entirety :)

:thumb_yello: I'm just in love ... a lot with Make You Happy :biggrin2:

hihih everyone who is interested on trending #CelebrateWithMika thiss friday [and has facebook] join this! --> http://www.facebook.com/events/343085745761561/

=D

Done! I'm spreading :wink2: thank you!!!

awe thanks to everyone who have joined the facebook event :mikalove:

and for everyone else :naughty: this friday we'll try to trend #CelebrateWithMika at 5pm french time ;)

omg can't wait til friday! I just love all the live versions he has performed on radio *.*

Wow Celebrate sounds so full of positive energy, love it:wub2:

Cant wait to listen to NRJ and Virgin radio tomorrow! This reminds me so much of the premiere of Elle me Dit last year, soooo exciting :biggrin2:

Huge thanks to French Amazon for the 30sec preview of the song :flowers2:

Much,much,much better than MYH,IMO,even from this little snippet :thumb_yello: Can't wait to hear the whole song.But how do we know this will be the single played friday on radio,did I miss something?

The first time I heard EMD and MYH, I honestly did not like them. However, upon further listening they did grow on me.

I was starting to get worried that I'd never like another Mika song upon first listen again (because I'm paranoid like that), but we've only been given a 30 second preview of Celebrate and it's already stuck into my head! So happy!

Much,much,much better than MYH,IMO,even from this little snippet :thumb_yello: Can't wait to hear the whole song.But how do we know this will be the single played friday on radio,did I miss something?

NRJ tweeted that Mika will be presenting his new single and according to Amazon it's Celebrate.

I can imagine this being played A LOT in the British summer, the Olympics etc.

Aha! Clever Mika (and Universal) :teehee: It's a summer* of celebration here, so what better title.

I wonder if the words 'win', 'gold', silver', and 'bronze' might be in there somewhere too :mikacool:

and not forgetting the Jubilee - though he's a bit late for that now :naughty:

*allegedly :sneaky2:

T4P. I can't wait to hear it on the radio :yay:

I can't wait either. I hope he has some UK radio dates lined up, on Radio One and some others. He needs to get on the TV here too.

I understand him previewing the single in France, since they treat him like royalty there. But in order to get onto the radio over here, he needs to show the UK he's alive and kicking and get on some shows.

About the song itself. I'll have to hear the whole thing I think. MYH is more unusual and I really love that one because it isn't like anything else, but I'll have more of an opinion when we hear the whole of this song. I can understand him releasing a summer dance track at this point. I hope it works and becomes a huge hit.

Aha! Clever Mika (and Universal) :teehee: It's a summer* of celebration here, so what better title.

I wonder if the words 'win', 'gold', silver', and 'bronze' might be in there somewhere too :mikacool:

and not forgetting the Jubilee - though he's a bit late for that now :naughty:

*allegedly :sneaky2:

Exactly!

OOH and 'whole world to celebrate', because the 'whole world is watching Britain' :mf_rosetinted: (according to the adverts :naughty:).

T4P. I can't wait to hear it on the radio :yay:

I hope it gets onto some playlists.

I know Mika's nearly always made the Radio 2 playlists, but wouldn't it be nice to get him onto R1 again? Not that I ever listen to Radio 1 (or Radio 2 for that matter), but the people who buy music in this country do.