I feel so lonely to live in a K-pop popular world !

jimmy1111

There are so many type of songs in the world ,I know we should respect them but why Kpop! I cant stand it anymore!

I see so many people loving the K-pop,

I'd a bit angry because I think k-pop should not be popular,for me they are just the same ...the "singers" rarely can sing....

Sometimes, they pretend singing on the stage with a background voice( you know wt i mean)

This is so stupid!(Im sorry I shouldnt say"stupid" I respect this kind of music,and forgive me swearing (WTF) this is really my first reaction to kpop, sorry!)

MIKA's music deserve to be popular.(and therere some talented artists deserve to as well )

Anyway in my city, I dont have any friends appreciate MIKA or this type of singers...

But many loving K-pop.

Honestly, I feel so lonely to love him.

I have nobody to talk with about MIKA...

However, MIKA will always be my Origin of Love.

I guess because he always makes happy songs. The songs are so positive,

no lust,no violence,no discrimination...

they are just so peaceful, and make you want to dance in his world.

The most beautiful song for me is My Interpretation

I feel he is very wild to sing that song...

WILD as FIRE burning in our heart.

And actually, I really want to tell the people around "I never talk to you again, this is my interpretation,and it dont, dont sense!" And you shut up ! get away from me

The most craziest song is Ring Ring,

He sing it insanely. Especially the "Hey hey is that you on the phone you think you clever but you never saying nothing at all!!"

It just sounded like he wants to spend his last breath to finish it,

and i think he make it so perfect.

I put that song as my cell's ring. Every time my cell rings, I dont even want to answer the all as i want to listen to MIKA. It's just so amazing!

The saddest song is Over my shoulder

I can only finish listening to that for a few time,

because it's really sad ...when i listen to it...

i feel my heart is broking and just wanna cry

I dont know how could MIKA own this horrible magic to make people feeling sad and happy...!!! Love you MIKA:mikalove:

Edited by jimmy1111

I like KPop and even teach KPop workshops in the UK. There are people who like KPop, and there are people who hate Mika. Don't call people stupid for liking different things to you, everyone has different tastes. I like KPop AND I like Mika too (well, the first 2 albums anyway. His latest stuff doesn't seem so promising to me).

For about a decade I was into JPop and KPop and I felt really lonely because I didn't know anyone who liked that music so I understand your frustration. However, I wasn't part of any forums and was truly on my own, but at least here you have people who share the same interests as yourself...you are not alone. Maybe you feel alone where you are but at least you still have some people to talk to, even though it's over the internet. It's better than nothing, no?

And actually I know a lot of KPop singers who sing rather amazingly live...you know they join an agency at a young age and train for years, right? Yes it's commercial music and no it might not be music that you like but the entertainment industry is a tough one my friend, and they still put in a lot of hardwork to get where they are. There are a lot of English/American artists that I can't stand/don't think are that talented but they don't roll out of bed and suddenly become famous overnight you know, some work goes into it :naughty:

So anyway. I'm a Mika and KPop loving fiend :wub2: And I have no shame :biggrin2:

• Like 1

No one where I'm from knows MIKA at all.... I really get lonely here on the east coast USA sometimes. What confuses me is that so many people here listen to Kpop music..... I know ONE person that speaks Korean. And she lives in Korea. Its not that bad, but It hurts my feelings that more people would rather listen to music that they don't understand, than listen to MIKA....:shocked:

I like KPop and even teach KPop workshops in the UK. There are people who like KPop, and there are people who hate Mika. Don't call people stupid for liking different things to you, everyone has different tastes. I like KPop AND I like Mika too (well, the first 2 albums anyway. His latest stuff doesn't seem so promising to me).

For about a decade I was into JPop and KPop and I felt really lonely because I didn't know anyone who liked that music so I understand your frustration. However, I wasn't part of any forums and was truly on my own, but at least here you have people who share the same interests as yourself...you are not alone. Maybe you feel alone where you are but at least you still have some people to talk to, even though it's over the internet. It's better than nothing, no?

And actually I know a lot of KPop singers who sing rather amazingly live...you know they join an agency at a young age and train for years, right? Yes it's commercial music and no it might not be music that you like but the entertainment industry is a tough one my friend, and they still put in a lot of hardwork to get where they are. There are a lot of English/American artists that I can't stand/don't think are that talented but they don't roll out of bed and suddenly become famous overnight you know, some work goes into it :naughty:

So anyway. I'm a Mika and KPop loving fiend :wub2: And I have no shame :biggrin2:

thank you so much ,you are right! I have to love you that spending so many time to reply my stupid moan:huglove:

I felt angry just because I think MIKA should be that popular..!

I know the kpop singers (Obviously,I dont want to know them,but everybody talk about them and had already import the kpop thing in my head) ,they really spent a lot time on their work and undergo very difficult time to get fame!And even they have to go under the knife!

Kpop is not that bad, they are really pop,but what I dont like is the kpop trend. The korea music companies seems so mean and nasty!

they seem like care about appearance than their performance more!

The ugly one have to go under plastic surgery!

maybe,

\I dont know how do you feel about those kpop singers,

I mean do you think they look handsome or pretty?

In my city,among my friends,

what they care is kpop singers's looking!

They discuss how beautiful the singers all the time!

Just like what they wear today or they had a amazing makeup in that MV

I mean OMG!

wt ppl care isnt music...is their face!

That's really horrible,isnt it?

I feel really upset about that

Btw,Thank you so much:mikalove:

Edited by jimmy1111

No one where I'm from knows MIKA at all.... I really get lonely here on the east coast USA sometimes. What confuses me is that so many people here listen to Kpop music..... I know ONE person that speaks Korean. And she lives in Korea. Its not that bad' date=' but It hurts my feelings that more people would rather listen to music that they don't understand, than listen to MIKA....:shocked:[/quote']

I exactly know what you feel:itsok:

My friends all listen to kpop. When I hang out with them,

their topic is always around kpop singer...

sometimes I feel ..do I need to love that thing to get close with them?

Of course not, I still on my way, loving MIKA MUSIC:mikacool:

No one where I'm from knows MIKA at all.... I really get lonely here on the east coast USA sometimes. What confuses me is that so many people here listen to Kpop music..... I know ONE person that speaks Korean. And she lives in Korea. Its not that bad' date='[b'] but It hurts my feelings that more people would rather listen to music that they don't understand, than listen to MIKA[/b]....:shocked:

Don't you think that's an odd thing to say, given the fact that Mika has sung songs in French? And I'm sure you have probably watched a few French interviews yourself :naughty: Like the growing phenomenon of KPop, Mika is also international as they both (Mika and KPop artists) sing a foreign language and English. And what about when his Opera singing friend (I forget her name, my bad :naughty:) sang that Opera song before Good Gone Girl? That sure as hell wasn't English either :wink2: And of course let's not forget to mention foreign classics such as the Macarena, the Ketchup song and Dragonsta Din Tei. Or however you spell it. Everyone (on here anyway :roftl:) knows Aux Champs Elysées and EVERYONE knows Nessun Dorma. We've all grown up listening to foreign songs at some point in our lives, and what about those in non-English speaking countries? They're always surrounded by English music, be it American, British or whatever...and they're not all fluent in English but they listen to it anyway. What's the difference?

I've been listening to Japanese music for about 10 years, and KPop since 2008. Does it matter that I don't know what they're singing? Not really. It has a catchy tune and if you enjoy it, why does it matter? Some of Mika's songs don't make sense anyway and they're written in English :lmfao: (I'm looking at you Big Girl, "No need to fantasise since I was in my braces"?!) So no...I don't think it's any big deal at all. Who cares what the language is when it's just about enjoying the music and the way it makes you feel?

There are many advantages about listening to foreign music. I've learned about Japanese and Korean culture for example, picked up some of the language, know more about the food, their manners, their country...sometimes, if you're into something enough, it can be rather educational. Not that I do it for educational purposes, but you end up learning some things along the way anyway. So...no. I don't think it's silly to listen to foreign songs even if you don't understand it.

thank you so much ,you are right! I have to love you that spending so many time to reply my stupid moan:huglove:

I felt angry just because I think MIKA should be that popular..!

I know the kpop singers (Obviously,I dont want to know them,but everybody talk about them and had already import the kpop thing in my head) ,they really spent a lot time on their work and undergo very difficult time to get fame!And even they have to go under the knife!

Kpop is not that bad, they are really pop,but what I dont like is the kpop trend. The korea music companies seems so mean and nasty!

they seem like care about appearance than their performance more!

The ugly one have to go under plastic surgery!

maybe,

\I dont know how do you feel about those kpop singers,

I mean do you think they look handsome or pretty?

In my city,among my friends,

what they care is kpop singers's looking!

They discuss how beautiful the singers all the time!

Just like what they wear today or they had a amazing makeup in that MV

I mean OMG!

wt ppl care isnt music...is their face!

That's really horrible,isnt it?

I feel really upset about that

Btw,Thank you so much:mikalove:

I understand where you're coming from about the plastic surgery, that is one thing I cannot get my head around and not something I agree with at all. Yes, image is a big thing when it comes to KPop (Hello 2NE1, Big Bang, SHINee, B.A.P, EXO etc etc) but this is commercial music, so everything is important; from the music, to the vocals, to the dancing, to their acting, to their image, to their weight etc (their weight is another thing I don't agree with). I love KPop, but I do criticise it as well. I think if you are a fan - a non delusional one anyway :teehee: - then you can recognise what is good (songs, catchy melody, dancing etc) to what you think is bad (plastic surgery, weight etc).

But to be fair, we look at the way Mika dresses as well. We always comment on his clothes and if we like it or if we don't. "Oh my god those Granny curls!", "I don't like his hair parted like that", "why is Mika dressed like a French school boy?", "that dead parrot he's wearing his hideous", "omg I love his shoes!", "I love that striped shirt :fangurl:", "is he wearing guyliner?" etc etc... as much as people comment on a kpop artists' look, we comment on Mika's too. And looks can be important (I say "can", because it's not always true), but if you see someone who you consider to be good looking in a band or whatever, you're more likely to take interest in them and hear their music. Not always the case, but let's face it...we do judge books by their covers even though we shouldn't. That's just the way we are.

I was attracted to KPop by the music alone...my first KPop MV was TVXQ'S Rising Sun, which had so many musical elements in it, it totally blew my mind. And as a dancer, the dancing attracts me, which is why I teach the routines in London. And the dances are very popular too, everyone wants to re-create them. It's entertainment value and something else to go with the "image" - not only are they good looking, but more often than not they do have very good live voices, and they do have very good dance skills, and I can tell you that a lot of KPop fans here are impressed by their talents. This is why I'm not so impressed with today's current trends in the English singing world - their voices are usually crap and the MVs are bland with absolutely no attraction. I think KPop offers more **in my opinion**...their package is bigger (even their CDs are friggin awesome!!!!!) and more reminiscent of the late 90's and early 00's...not necessarily in musicality but that what they offer is a lot more immersive and makes you feel more connected. Take my dance classes for example - KPop actually gets teenagers and young adults (boys and girls alike) out of their house, away from facebook/twitter/tumblr and technology, and they dance for 6 hours. (that's how long my classes are). They meet other people, make friends, and they exercise...and they work very hard too! And we've had people travel for long periods of time just to come to them. It brings people together and it gives them something physical and constructive to do...I don't think KPop can be blasted for giving a really fat nation an excuse to do a bit exercise :naughty: So...there really is more to kpop than just their looks. People do genuinely love the songs and it makes them want to dance :wub2: So good on them, I say.

And I do understand your frustration, it can be annoying listening to people comment on a celebrity's image. We see it on magazines here in the UK too and wonder if anyone actually gives 2 hoots about who's wearing what, etc...so it's not just happening in Korea ^.~ but I'm just saying...for ME...and for some of the kpop fans I know...we're not that shallow ^^

Ah, touché. You did have some interesting points there. I was a bit harsh in writing that, true, but at the end of it all it just bothers me that people can listen to music without a care in the world of understanding it.:mf_rosetinted: in some cases it can get quite funny... For example, one of my good friends was into French pop music for a while, and she decided she would learn a song of Yelle's, "Je veux te voir" to be specific... If you don't know the song I can assure you it's not exactly the best idea to sing loudly in French class:doh:

I think that may be the reason it irks me so much. Like, in your example about MIKA singing French songs/ doing French interviews, at least I speak enough French to understand what he's saying. I used to be a bit of a fan of the Kpop group SNSD, and I made sure to translate (I even learned a bit of Korean:blush-anim-cl:) I don't have any issues with people liking music ONLY for music, but in some cases the lyrics are the only "up close and personal" things about a song. My dad is a singer, and has no creative drive whatsoever, but he can still make a great piece on his computer software...:shocked:

It also may be because of my age group ( just finished 8th grade) that I'm a bit hesitant of this, because I do have experience with the people that I'm directly talking about. I remember, for instance, my teacher playing for us a lovely singer ( I dont remember who exactly) She had the most gorgeous voice, and she was obviously very talented, but no one liked it because, and I quote, " this music sucks, It's too SAD," when people don't like music for such, ummm, consumerist reasons, it really is a disappointment to me. I'm not meaning to go all George Orwell on y'all, but I guess after a while of being around this I'm used to it, almost predisposed to point itout to people on command.... I have often wondered whether other countries have these issues with their youth as well ( just whether it's as widespread as it is where I live)..... :blush-anim-cl:CONGRATULATIONS if you read this all the way through BTW :thumb_yello:

Don't you think that's an odd thing to say, given the fact that Mika has sung songs in French? And I'm sure you have probably watched a few French interviews yourself :naughty: Like the growing phenomenon of KPop, Mika is also international as they both (Mika and KPop artists) sing a foreign language and English. And what about when his Opera singing friend (I forget her name, my bad :naughty:) sang that Opera song before Good Gone Girl? That sure as hell wasn't English either :wink2: And of course let's not forget to mention foreign classics such as the Macarena, the Ketchup song and Dragonsta Din Tei. Or however you spell it. Everyone (on here anyway :roftl:) knows Aux Champs Elysées and EVERYONE knows Nessun Dorma. We've all grown up listening to foreign songs at some point in our lives, and what about those in non-English speaking countries? They're always surrounded by English music, be it American, British or whatever...and they're not all fluent in English but they listen to it anyway. What's the difference?

I've been listening to Japanese music for about 10 years, and KPop since 2008. Does it matter that I don't know what they're singing? Not really. It has a catchy tune and if you enjoy it, why does it matter? Some of Mika's songs don't make sense anyway and they're written in English :lmfao: (I'm looking at you Big Girl, "No need to fantasise since I was in my braces"?!) So no...I don't think it's any big deal at all. Who cares what the language is when it's just about enjoying the music and the way it makes you feel?

There are many advantages about listening to foreign music. I've learned about Japanese and Korean culture for example, picked up some of the language, know more about the food, their manners, their country...sometimes, if you're into something enough, it can be rather educational. Not that I do it for educational purposes, but you end up learning some things along the way anyway. So...no. I don't think it's silly to listen to foreign songs even if you don't understand it.

I understand where you're coming from about the plastic surgery, that is one thing I cannot get my head around and not something I agree with at all. Yes, image is a big thing when it comes to KPop (Hello 2NE1, Big Bang, SHINee, B.A.P, EXO etc etc) but this is commercial music, so everything is important; from the music, to the vocals, to the dancing, to their acting, to their image, to their weight etc (their weight is another thing I don't agree with). I love KPop, but I do criticise it as well. I think if you are a fan - a non delusional one anyway :teehee: - then you can recognise what is good (songs, catchy melody, dancing etc) to what you think is bad (plastic surgery, weight etc).

But to be fair, we look at the way Mika dresses as well. We always comment on his clothes and if we like it or if we don't. "Oh my god those Granny curls!", "I don't like his hair parted like that", "why is Mika dressed like a French school boy?", "that dead parrot he's wearing his hideous", "omg I love his shoes!", "I love that striped shirt :fangurl:", "is he wearing guyliner?" etc etc... as much as people comment on a kpop artists' look, we comment on Mika's too. And looks can be important (I say "can", because it's not always true), but if you see someone who you consider to be good looking in a band or whatever, you're more likely to take interest in them and hear their music. Not always the case, but let's face it...we do judge books by their covers even though we shouldn't. That's just the way we are.

I was attracted to KPop by the music alone...my first KPop MV was TVXQ'S Rising Sun, which had so many musical elements in it, it totally blew my mind. And as a dancer, the dancing attracts me, which is why I teach the routines in London. And the dances are very popular too, everyone wants to re-create them. It's entertainment value and something else to go with the "image" - not only are they good looking, but more often than not they do have very good live voices, and they do have very good dance skills, and I can tell you that a lot of KPop fans here are impressed by their talents. This is why I'm not so impressed with today's current trends in the English singing world - their voices are usually crap and the MVs are bland with absolutely no attraction. I think KPop offers more **in my opinion**...their package is bigger (even their CDs are friggin awesome!!!!!) and more reminiscent of the late 90's and early 00's...not necessarily in musicality but that what they offer is a lot more immersive and makes you feel more connected. Take my dance classes for example - KPop actually gets teenagers and young adults (boys and girls alike) out of their house, away from facebook/twitter/tumblr and technology, and they dance for 6 hours. (that's how long my classes are). They meet other people, make friends, and they exercise...and they work very hard too! And we've had people travel for long periods of time just to come to them. It brings people together and it gives them something physical and constructive to do...I don't think KPop can be blasted for giving a really fat nation an excuse to do a bit exercise :naughty: So...there really is more to kpop than just their looks. People do genuinely love the songs and it makes them want to dance :wub2: So good on them, I say.

And I do understand your frustration, it can be annoying listening to people comment on a celebrity's image. We see it on magazines here in the UK too and wonder if anyone actually gives 2 hoots about who's wearing what, etc...so it's not just happening in Korea ^.~ but I'm just saying...for ME...and for some of the kpop fans I know...we're not that shallow ^^

:thumb_yello: Ya!You are not shallow of course! (But I think maybe the background culture is really so different between different countries>< ) Because my friends rarely talk about the singers ability or something. All the thing they discuss pretty or not ,eg which look in that MV is better...

This is actually so annoying and there's one time when I recommended MIKAs' songs to them, they just said that MIKA is not handsome,then nothing else.OMG!

How could they not notice that MIKA is so talented, and that should be the point!

After many times of failure of recommending singers to my friends...

I wont try to do that anymore.

About the appearance of kpop singers,

my friends try to copy how they dress in soap opera( you know some kpop singers act in idol soap opera)...and the slim girls keep fit all the time(but they are not fat at all !)

and even a boy tell me he want to have a plastic surgery when he grow up..-having a double eyelid surgery,which so popular in Korea...

This is weird but I wont stop him

because I know this is really their business and what they want to be...

Maybe I just angry about the trend that people (or maybe only teenagers?) always focus on artists appearance and not their real abilities.

Kpop should not be blamed,KPOP is innocent!>< SORRY!

The problem are differences between the trend and mind :mikacool:

Edited by jimmy1111

Ah' date=' touché. You did have some interesting points there. I was a bit harsh in writing that, true, but at the end of it all it just bothers me that people can listen to music without a care in the world of understanding it.:mf_rosetinted: in some cases it can get quite funny... For example, one of my good friends was into French pop music for a while, and she decided she would learn a song of Yelle's, "Je veux te voir" to be specific... If you don't know the song I can assure you it's not exactly the best idea to sing loudly in French class:doh:

I think that may be the reason it irks me so much. Like, in your example about MIKA singing French songs/ doing French interviews, at least I speak enough French to understand what he's saying. I used to be a bit of a fan of the Kpop group SNSD, and I made sure to translate (I even learned a bit of Korean:blush-anim-cl:) I don't have any issues with people liking music ONLY for music, but in some cases the lyrics are the only "up close and personal" things about a song. My dad is a singer, and has no creative drive whatsoever, but he can still make a great piece on his computer software...:shocked:

It also may be because of my age group ( just finished 8th grade) that I'm a bit hesitant of this, because I do have experience with the people that I'm directly talking about. I remember, for instance, my teacher playing for us a lovely singer ( I dont remember who exactly) She had the most gorgeous voice, and she was obviously very talented, but no one liked it because, and I quote, " this music sucks, It's too SAD," when people don't like music for such, ummm, consumerist reasons, it really is a disappointment to me. I'm not meaning to go all George Orwell on y'all, but I guess after a while of being around this I'm used to it, almost predisposed to point itout to people on command.... I have often wondered whether other countries have these issues with their youth as well ( just whether it's as widespread as it is where I live)..... :blush-anim-cl:CONGRATULATIONS if you read this all the way through BTW :thumb_yello:[/quote']

yup listening to songs of another language is really good actually:thumb_yello:I agree with that! Because actually I;m not a English native speaker and I;m from Hong Kong. When I was little I dont like Engish at all and on English lesson,what I can say is "I dont know".

But 5or6yrs ago, I started listening to English songs. And Even in love with MIKA's songs.I watched a lot of interviews and read things about MIKA. And now my English is improved and I hope someday I could be a English teacher...ya maybe someday

Also, I dont really want people only focus on music about music,

I mean you can like their appearance,but not all.

everyone loves pretty things ,including myself~

but what happen in here is people placing appearance on the top.:shocked:

The really cruel thing is that talent and ability seems worth nothing.

:chair:

:mikalove::group_hug:

yup listening to songs of another language is really good actually:thumb_yello:I agree with that! Because actually I;m not a English native speaker and I;m from Hong Kong. When I was little I dont like Engish at all and on English lesson,what I can say is "I dont know".

But 5or6yrs ago, I started listening to English songs. And Even in love with MIKA's songs.I watched a lot of interviews and read things about MIKA. And now my English is improved and I hope someday I could be a English teacher...ya maybe someday

Also, I dont really want people only focus on music about music,

I mean you can like their appearance,but not all.

everyone loves pretty things ,including myself~

but what happen in here is people placing appearance on the top.:shocked:

The really cruel thing is that talent and ability seems worth nothing.

:chair:

:mikalove::group_hug:

Yeah, I agree with that! good luck learning English! When things are only about appearances, intentions get all mixed up and people can't appreciate whats in front of them :aah:

:thumb_yello: Ya!You are not shallow of course! (But I think maybe the background culture is really so different between different countries>< ) Because my friends rarely talk about the singers ability or something. All the thing they discuss pretty or not ,eg which look in that MV is better...

This is actually so annoying and there's one time when I recommended MIKAs' songs to them, they just said that MIKA is not handsome,then nothing else.OMG!

How could they not notice that MIKA is so talented, and that should be the point!

After many times of failure of recommending singers to my friends...

I wont try to do that anymore.

About the appearance of kpop singers,

my friends try to copy how they dress in soap opera( you know some kpop singers act in idol soap opera)...and the slim girls keep fit all the time(but they are not fat at all !)

and even a boy tell me he want to have a plastic surgery when he grow up..-having a double eyelid surgery,which so popular in Korea...

This is weird but I wont stop him

because I know this is really their business and what they want to be...

Maybe I just angry about the trend that people (or maybe only teenagers?) always focus on artists appearance and not their real abilities.

Kpop should not be blamed,KPOP is innocent!>< SORRY!

The problem are differences between the trend and mind :mikacool:

haha. I do understand your frustration and it is a little sad that people are so obsessed about how they look and wanting to look different, instead of just accepting themselves as they are. Double eyelid surgery...people get those done in their lunch breaks and my friend (who is Korean) said that eye lid surgery places are as common as pharmacies ¬_¬ so that's the side that I don't like.

But it seems that either your friends are not going to change or you'll just to wait for them to grow out of it :naughty: and maybe they didn't think too much of Mika's looks, but maybe they didn't like the music either? You can't forcefeed people to listen to music you like, in the same way I can't forcefeed people to listen to KPop :naughty: But I do understand why you're annoyed. Either accept the way they are or find new friends who aren't so obsessed :teehee:

Ah' date=' touché. You did have some interesting points there. I was a bit harsh in writing that, true, [b']but at the end of it all it just bothers me that people can listen to music without a care in the world of understanding it[/b].:mf_rosetinted: in some cases it can get quite funny... For example, one of my good friends was into French pop music for a while, and she decided she would learn a song of Yelle's, "Je veux te voir" to be specific... If you don't know the song I can assure you it's not exactly the best idea to sing loudly in French class:doh:

It also may be because of my age group ( just finished 8th grade) that I'm a bit hesitant of this, because I do have experience with the people that I'm directly talking about. I remember, for instance, my teacher playing for us a lovely singer ( I dont remember who exactly) She had the most gorgeous voice, and she was obviously very talented, but no one liked it because, and I quote, " this music sucks, It's too SAD," when people don't like music for such, ummm, consumerist reasons, it really is a disappointment to me. I'm not meaning to go all George Orwell on y'all, but I guess after a while of being around this I'm used to it, almost predisposed to point itout to people on command.... I have often wondered whether other countries have these issues with their youth as well ( just whether it's as widespread as it is where I live)..... :blush-anim-cl:CONGRATULATIONS if you read this all the way through BTW :thumb_yello:

wait so hang on, you used to like SNSD - a Korean girl group - and then you say you don't understand how people can like a song they don't understand the lyrics to?! :lmfao: In which case, you should know exactly how it is! If you like a tune, if you like the voices, if you like the package or whatever...then why does it matter? And you repeated again that it annoys you when people listen to a song they don't know the meaning of...are you annoyed at yourself for listening to KPop?! Are you annoyed at yourself that you couldn't understand what they were singing at that time you were a fan, even though you took pleasure and enjoyment out of listening to their records? You even said you learned some of the Korean language which brings me to my earlier point of saying that if you get into a foreign music scene enough you end up learning more about that culture :roftl: And Lady GaGa is a good one to quote, in "Bad Romance" and "Born This Way" she sung snippets in both French and Italian. Are you annoyed at her for that? I don't know what she's saying but what's so bad about listening to songs in a foreign tongue and having fun trying to learn how to sing in a different language? :aah: As far as I know, everyone has fun trying to sing along to the french/italian bits even if it turns out to be utter gibberish :teehee:

You know, I went to a KPop concert last year in Paris. I am British, and there I was travelling to France to watch Koreans sing in Korean...and not only did they sing in Korean, they sung in English AND Italian (Onew from SHINee sang Nessun Dorma, and very well I might add), and when they introduced themselves they would try to do so in French or English. The whole concert was so friggin international it blew my mind. People all over Europe came to watch a KPop concert and there was such a feeling of unity - languages can be a barrier but it can also bring people together too. There we were, all 12,000 fans with a handful of Korean pop idols all there to enjoy music. It didn't matter whether we knew the lyrics or not - it was also about the atmosphere, the energy, the performances...

and then my mum said to me "you know, i don't know how you can enjoy a 3 hour concert (yes, 3 HOURS) listening to songs when you don't know what they're saying" and I was like "Mum...you have an Andrea Bocelli CD." :roftl:

As you are a previous SNSD fan, I really cannot understand why it bugs you so much that people enjoy listening to foreign songs when they don't understand them :roftl:

wait so hang on, you used to like SNSD - a Korean girl group - and then you say you don't understand how people can like a song they don't understand the lyrics to?! :lmfao: In which case, you should know exactly how it is! If you like a tune, if you like the voices, if you like the package or whatever...then why does it matter? And you repeated again that it annoys you when people listen to a song they don't know the meaning of...are you annoyed at yourself for listening to KPop?! Are you annoyed at yourself that you couldn't understand what they were singing at that time you were a fan, even though you took pleasure and enjoyment out of listening to their records? You even said you learned some of the Korean language which brings me to my earlier point of saying that if you get into a foreign music scene enough you end up learning more about that culture :roftl: And Lady GaGa is a good one to quote, in "Bad Romance" and "Born This Way" she sung snippets in both French

and Italian. Are you annoyed at her for that? I don't know what she's saying but what's so bad about listening to songs in a foreign tongue and

having fun trying to learn how to sing in a different language? :aah: As far as I know, everyone has fun trying to sing along to the french/italian bits even if it turns out to be utter gibberish :teehee:

You know, I went to a KPop concert last year in Paris. I am British, and there I was travelling to France to watch Koreans sing in Korean...and not only did they sing in Korean, they sung in English AND Italian (Onew from SHINee sang Nessun Dorma, and very well I might add), and when they introduced

themselves they would try to do so in French or English. The whole concert was so friggin international it blew my mind. People all over Europe came to watch a KPop

concert and there was such a feeling of unity - languages can be a barrier but it can also bring people together too. There we were, all 12,000 fans with a handful of Korean pop idols all there to enjoy music. It didn't matter whether we knew the lyrics or not - it was also about the atmosphere, the energy, the performances...

and then my mum said to me "you know, i don't know how you can enjoy a 3 hour concert (yes, 3 HOURS) listening to songs when you don't know what they're saying" and I was like "Mum...you have an Andrea Bocelli CD." :roftl:

As you are a previous SNSD fan, I really cannot understand why it bugs you so much that people enjoy listening to foreign songs when they don't understand them :roftl:

My main point there is that I made sure to know what they're singing, though. But it might be a bit too much to ask EVERYONE to do that. I agree that energy and performance is really important, but for me I just prioritize meaning over that. However, I think its amazing that the concerts are so international! I never had any idea, thats just too cool:thumb_yello:

Really, though, I have no problem with people enjoying the music- I do too! My issue is when people really just don't care AT ALL what its about, and even when it is brought up in conversation my friends all brush it away... In other words, that for SOME (and definately not ALL, just who I know ) The music Is completely about appearances, and even when I offer up some information about what the song is about, they just generally plug their ears :aah:

Edit: I'm being way too stubborn. Youre totally right, and though I still stand by my points, I'm positive I'm just having another silly "ya know what really grinds my gears" moment. It's totally fine to enjoy listening to different cultures music, and I never meant to disagree with that. Next week I'll probably find something else to be bothered by anyway, like the crazy guy at the park selling grilled-cheese-on-a-stick ;D

Edited by StarryEyed<3

My main point there is that I made sure to know what they're singing' date=' though. But it might be a bit too much to ask EVERYONE to do that. I agree that energy and performance is really important, but for me I just prioritize meaning over that. However, I think its amazing that the concerts are so international! I never had any idea, thats just too cool:thumb_yello:

Really, though, I have no problem with people enjoying the music- I do too! My issue is when people really just don't care AT ALL what its about, and even when it is brought up in conversation my friends all brush it away... In other words, that for SOME (and definately not ALL, just who I know ) The music Is completely about appearances, and even when I offer up some information about what the song is about, they just generally plug their ears :aah:[/quote']

So basically you don't have an issue with people not knowing the general meaning of the song, but that it's all about appearances? Like what Jimmy's problem is? :aah: I think it can be pretty easy to tell what the general meaning of a song is by the music though :naughty: and the MV is good and tells a story then that helps too LOL. Or sometimes you can piece together the meaning by listening to the "Engrish" haha. Although sometimes they don't make much sense, bless them :roftl:

As a Korean and kind of K-pop idol ignorer :teehee: and huge Mika fan, it's really intresting thread to me..

I can understand ppl who crab about Kpop because it is so commercial and superficial. Kpop stars are surely well-made 'merchandise' who appeal by their appearance and perfect performance. They're ones who is really far from 'organic' when i say in Mika's expression.... :naughty: You will be wowed when you get to know how they are trained and controlled by their managements (SM, YG, JYP etc) to make a debut.

Apparently when Kpop group is formed, some members can't sing at all. just CRAP! but those have roles in their team. They can dance, and make music, and entertain ppl with their special talent. Like that, One Kpop idol is grouped by so different types of talented members..... someone can sing better than Mika, and someone dances better than Mika :lmfao: But Ppl blame the team because someone sings crap, and someone apeals just their appearance... just sees the dark side of each members, not the best side..

But I can never agree when someone say that they can't understand ppl who listens music that they don't understand the meaning at all.. Should it be blamed if non-english Mika fan sings along his song during the concert? or, should Korean fans be blamed if they sing loud Elle Me Dit during his performance in Seoul? Most of koreans don't know French at all, but Elle Me Dit went up to TOP place on POP chart in korea,beat all english songs. Are we stupid or insane? :naughty:

As a Korean and kind of K-pop idol ignorer :teehee: and huge Mika fan, it's really intresting thread to me..

I can understand ppl who crab about Kpop because it is so commercial and superficial. Kpop stars are surely well-made 'merchandise' who appeal by their appearance and perfect performance. They're ones who is really far from 'organic' when i say in Mika's expression.... :naughty: You will be wowed when you get to know how they are trained and controlled by their managements (SM, YG, JYP etc) to make a debut.

Apparently when Kpop group is formed, some members can't sing at all. just CRAP! but those have roles in their team. They can dance, and make music, and entertain ppl with their special talent. Like that, One Kpop idol is grouped by so different types of talented members..... someone can sing better than Mika, and someone dances better than Mika :lmfao: But Ppl blame the team because someone sings crap, and someone apeals just their appearance... just sees the dark side of each members, not the best side..

But I can never agree when someone say that they can't understand ppl who listens music that they don't understand the meaning at all.. Should it be blamed if non-english Mika fan sings along his song during the concert? or, should Korean fans be blamed if they sing loud Elle Me Dit during his performance in Seoul? Most of koreans don't know French at all, but Elle Me Dit went up to TOP place on POP chart in korea,beat all english songs. Are we stupid or insane? :naughty:

:lmfao: love your last paragraph, Yuna!

about the first part...yeah I see where you're coming from. Take a large group like Super Junior or Girls' Generation...they're not all at the same level as each other but they have various roles. While Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are main singers in SuJu, they're not the best dancers, whereas you get Eunhyuk as the main dancer but barely gets any singing lines (even though he does actually have a really good voice). You get the rappers in the group, the ones that are best at acting and then you get "the face" ... take Yoona from Girls' Generation for example. I don't consider her to be special in any shape or form but because she looks like "the perfect Korean girl" everyone loves her. Like Korea's sweetheart, almost like the answer to Cheryl Cole in the UK... :mf_rosetinted: and it's funny, because although she is very popular amongst Koreans and Hyoyeon's the least favourite in the group, it's very different in Europe...Hyoyeon tends to be a favourite while Yoona isn't usually at the top. Europeans consider Yoona to be the least interesting and rather plain while everyone else finds Hyoyeon to be more exotic and pretty, and actually appreciate her immense dance skills and her role within the group. Different cultures, different tastes and all that :naughty: But while Yonna doesn't especially appeal to me I still like the group anyway. Cos it's not about favouritism it's about songs :naughty:

There are so many type of songs in the world ,I know we should respect them but why Kpop! I cant stand it anymore!

I see so many people loving the K-pop,

I'd a bit angry because I think k-pop should not be popular,for me they are just the same ...the "singers" rarely can sing....

Sometimes, they pretend singing on the stage with a background voice( you know wt i mean)

This is so stupid!(Im sorry I shouldnt say"stupid" I respect this kind of music,and forgive me swearing (WTF) this is really my first reaction to kpop, sorry!)

MIKA's music deserve to be popular.(and therere some talented artists deserve to as well )

Anyway in my city, I dont have any friends appreciate MIKA or this type of singers...

But many loving K-pop.

Honestly, I feel so lonely to love him.

I have nobody to talk with about MIKA...

However, MIKA will always be my Origin of Love.

I guess because he always makes happy songs. The songs are so positive,

no lust,no violence,no discrimination...

they are just so peaceful, and make you want to dance in his world.

The most beautiful song for me is My Interpretation

I feel he is very wild to sing that song...

WILD as FIRE burning in our heart.

And actually, I really want to tell the people around "I never talk to you again, this is my interpretation,and it dont, dont sense!" And you shut up ! get away from me

The most craziest song is Ring Ring,

He sing it insanely. Especially the "Hey hey is that you on the phone you think you clever but you never saying nothing at all!!"

It just sounded like he wants to spend his last breath to finish it,

and i think he make it so perfect.

I put that song as my cell's ring. Every time my cell rings, I dont even want to answer the all as i want to listen to MIKA. It's just so amazing!

The saddest song is Over my shoulder

I can only finish listening to that for a few time,

because it's really sad ...when i listen to it...

i feel my heart is broking and just wanna cry

I dont know how could MIKA own this horrible magic to make people feeling sad and happy...!!! Love you MIKA:mikalove:

Hi,Jimmy,I know you're from HongKong,and I am from Guangzhou(廣州)I think you know it.:wink2:I agree with u,yes,there are so many teens in my city loves Kpop or Jpop.Most of my classmates loves it,but I don't why they loves it so much,so I just keep silence in the class.No one know who is MIKA,I really sad why many people listen to Kpop but no one know the great singer like MIKA.:huh:

:lmfao: love your last paragraph, Yuna!

about the first part...yeah I see where you're coming from. Take a large group like Super Junior or Girls' Generation...they're not all at the same level as each other but they have various roles. While Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are main singers in SuJu, they're not the best dancers, whereas you get Eunhyuk as the main dancer but barely gets any singing lines (even though he does actually have a really good voice). You get the rappers in the group, the ones that are best at acting and then you get "the face" ... take Yoona from Girls' Generation for example. I don't consider her to be special in any shape or form but because she looks like "the perfect Korean girl" everyone loves her. Like Korea's sweetheart, almost like the answer to Cheryl Cole in the UK... :mf_rosetinted: and it's funny, because although she is very popular amongst Koreans and Hyoyeon's the least favourite in the group, it's very different in Europe...Hyoyeon tends to be a favourite while Yoona isn't usually at the top. Europeans consider Yoona to be the least interesting and rather plain while everyone else finds Hyoyeon to be more exotic and pretty, and actually appreciate her immense dance skills and her role within the group. Different cultures, different tastes and all that :naughty: But while Yonna doesn't especially appeal to me I still like the group anyway. Cos it's not about favouritism it's about songs :naughty:

Was that rumor true? Heard that in Europe Hyoyeon is one of most fave in SNSD and Yoona one of least and I thought it's just rumor! ha! :aah:

Yes Yoona (Not same as my name. :mf_rosetinted:) is perfect idol for Korean guys... Korean guys tend to love typical 'pale white rose' girlies than hot sexy girls.. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung is part of latter while Yoona and Taeyeon is former... :naughty: It's interesting... really part of culture diffence! Surely Hyoyeon enjoys her fame in Europe I think...

How about guys? :mf_rosetinted: what type of Kpop idol guy is loved most in Europe? (Not your personal fave, caz :lmfao: just in general... :mf_rosetinted:)

Haha yeah, everyone has so many good points! Especially about sometimes even songs in your own language are hard to understand (like rap) I definitely respect those artists for their talent and they so deserve to be recognized like they are. Maybe its that when a certain genre has monopolized the music business, like I see here with rap, it is a bit of a strange thing for the people who don't listen to that... Like where I live, people associate the 80s always with hair metal and crazy whacked out music vids, 90s with grunge... Bit stereotyping is a normal and DEFINATELY functioning part of society, so I guess it comes down to liking what you like, and that's a great rule to live by. I think I may have made a wrongful assumption that Kpop would "self perpetuate" its success, I you know what I mean, but hey- if its popular there must be a reason...mIm sure there are some hipsters out there who loved it before it was popular :naughty: So I guess my opinion right now stands as follows... " I don't need a reason not to care what you say" Although it's great to have reasons specifically to like a group, and meaning is important, the music isn't ALWAYS about seriously taking the message to heart anyways...:thumb_yello: life lesson anyone? :naughty: