I feel so lonely to live in a K-pop popular world !

jimmy1111

Was that rumor true? Heard that in Europe Hyoyeon is one of most fave in SNSD and Yoona one of least and I thought it's just rumor! ha! :aah:

Yes Yoona (Not same as my name. :mf_rosetinted:) is perfect idol for Korean guys... Korean guys tend to love typical 'pale white rose' girlies than hot sexy girls.. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung is part of latter while Yoona and Taeyeon is former... :naughty: It's interesting... really part of culture diffence! Surely Hyoyeon enjoys her fame in Europe I think...

How about guys? :mf_rosetinted: what type of Kpop idol guy is loved most in Europe? (Not your personal fave, caz :lmfao: just in general... :mf_rosetinted:)

LOL oh no it's definitely true! We love our Hyoyeon :wub2: She's so AWTHUM.

Pale white Rose...do you think I'd fit in alright? Not the rose bit but definitely pale :lmfao:

Ah my favourite is U-Know Yunho from TVXQ...:teehee: He so sexy!! But lots of people loooove Big Bang...T.O.P is particular favourite (though not my taste per se), my friend loves GD...but SHINee are also really popular here...loads of girls love Taemin (wish they'd get rid of his extensions though!) and Key is absolutely beautiful. Ah all the members are popular really! Super Junior...also popular...though not many are a fan of Shindong :naughty:

LOL oh no it's definitely true! We love our Hyoyeon :wub2: She's so AWTHUM.

Pale white Rose...do you think I'd fit in alright? Not the rose bit but definitely pale :lmfao:

Ah my favourite is U-Know Yunho from TVXQ...:teehee: He so sexy!! But lots of people loooove Big Bang...T.O.P is particular favourite (though not my taste per se), my friend loves GD...but SHINee are also really popular here...loads of girls love Taemin (wish they'd get rid of his extensions though!) and Key is absolutely beautiful. Ah all the members are popular really! Super Junior...also popular...though not many are a fan of Shindong :naughty:

About guys it seems almost same... but about Super Junior I can't understand why they're popular there more than here :mf_rosetinted:

Shinee...well first they did debut with '누난너무예뻐 -> donno what's called in Eng) I felt like kill someone when listen the song because of the extreamly cheesy lyrics! I hated that honestly!! But that song was kinda hit because of that cheesy thing but I igonored that for several years.. well but their latest single 'Sherlock' is so good and I was quite surprised cuz they evolved in very good way :mikasweat:

I'm not huge fan of any of those idol groups but GD&Top is very talented and quite like their songs these days.. :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]LZe2rLfclGQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Yuna

About guys it seems almost same... but about Super Junior I can't understand why they're popular there more than here :mf_rosetinted:

Shinee...well first they did debut with '누난너무예뻐 -> donno what's called in Eng) I felt like kill someone when listen the song because of the extreamly cheesy lyrics! I hated that honestly!! But that song was kinda hit because of that cheesy thing but I igonored that for several years.. well but their latest single 'Sherlock' is so good and I was quite surprised cuz they evolved in very good way :mikasweat:

I'm not huge fan of any of those idol groups but GD&Top is very talented and quite like their songs these days.. :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]LZe2rLfclGQ[/YOUTUBE]

You mean Noona Neomu Yeppeo :wub2: or whatever the spelling is :naughty: "Noona you're so pretty". I do love that song actually and I love the dance :biggrin2: But I also love Sherlock!!!

I'm not really a big fan of YG artists...their music is often too American sounding for my taste :naughty:

You mean Noona Neomu Yeppeo :wub2: or whatever the spelling is :naughty: "Noona you're so pretty". I do love that song actually and I love the dance :biggrin2: But I also love Sherlock!!!

I'm not really a big fan of YG artists...their music is often too American sounding for my taste :naughty:

Oh, I like that! :blush-anim-cl: What do you mean by American-sounding? Is it really that bad?:shocked:

Oh' date=' I like that! :blush-anim-cl: What do you mean by American-sounding? Is it really that bad?:shocked:[/quote']

Well Will.I.Am has worked with 2NE1 many times. They practically do dance music...not always...but it's mainly hip hop stuff which isn't my thing, but out of the Big 3 Agencies these are the most American influenced, musicality wise, I'd say.

I really don't like 2NE1 that much, but this is their best song.

[YOUTUBE]j7_lSP8Vc3o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5n4V3lGEyG4&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fuNbqWQt0l0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MAJ6Xk9bnew&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

And then there's Big Bang. Who I prefer a bit more lol.

[YOUTUBE]AAbokV76tkU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1qnV55LUFVM&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8d5QEWdHchk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]btDd9rOlc2k&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Well Will.I.Am has worked with 2NE1 many times. They practically do dance music...not always...but it's mainly hip hop stuff which isn't my thing, but out of the Big 3 Agencies these are the most American influenced, musicality wise, I'd say.

I really don't like 2NE1 that much, but this is their best song.

[YOUTUBE]j7_lSP8Vc3o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5n4V3lGEyG4&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fuNbqWQt0l0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MAJ6Xk9bnew&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

And then there's Big Bang. Who I prefer a bit more lol.

[YOUTUBE]AAbokV76tkU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1qnV55LUFVM&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8d5QEWdHchk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]btDd9rOlc2k&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, I see...so like more dance-y pop then? That stuff isn't usually too popular here.... I think thte sound is similar, but mainly its rap or more pop-contemporary like some of maroon 5 and things like that. Electro isn't very mainstream where I live.

Also' date=' I'm curious as to what's really popular over there... I like Coldplay, Pixie Lott, but I don't know if they're really popular... Like what would be on the radio if you just flipped it on?[/quote']

here in the UK? Erm, dont really know, dont listen to radio lol! but it would probably be One Direction, The Wanted, JLS, Pixie Lott...I don't even know who else...lol! Oh and Adele obviously lol

Oh' date=' I see...so like more dance-y pop then? That stuff isn't usually too popular here.... I think thte sound is similar, but mainly its rap or more pop-contemporary like some of maroon 5 and things like that. Electro isn't very mainstream where I live.[/quote']

Oh I wouldn't compare these guys to Maroon5 at all haha!! I don't know if you can really compare 2NE1 or Big Bang to anyone. But they are dancey/hiphop/rap artists really. Good for parties I guess lol. People go nuts for "I Am The Best" and "Fantastic Baby"!

That's cool then :) it really is really different from what I hear on the radio, a lot of what is popular here is mainstream pop. I personally have nothing against one direction, but I'm disappointed in some of their career choices, as they're really talented and I think they're beinng over listened... As for Adele, she is great and very talented, but from what I hear a lot of my friends don't like her and they criticize her... I don't know why :(

That's cool then :) it really is really different from what I hear on the radio' date=' a lot of what is popular here is mainstream pop. I personally have nothing against one direction, but I'm disappointed in some of their career choices, as they're really talented and I think they're beinng over listened... As for Adele, she is great and very talented, but from what I hear a lot of my friends don't like her and they criticize her... I don't know why :([/quote']

what's to dislike about Adele?! :lmfao: Yo' friends are carazay :insane:

Also' date=' I'm curious as to what's really popular over there... I like Coldplay, Pixie Lott, but I don't know if they're really popular... Like what would be on the radio if you just flipped it on?[/quote']

in korea, mostly K-pops of course! and if among 'pops' .... i mean UK or US pops (we just call them 'pop', Kpops we call it 'Gayo' in Korea. ) ... Maroon 5 and Jason Mraz latest album is going good...better than that Bieber or One direction things... and Mika's celebrate is going good in pop chart but we should see how the entire 3rd album would do... if he do some promo here, like Mraz or Maroon 5 does, he will do better i think... :fisch:

I can say that Katy Perry or One direction sells worse than Mika here.. maybe TBWNTM sold better than Bieber songs... am proud but it's just part of cultural stuff...

Edited by Yuna

in korea, mostly K-pops of course! and if among 'pops' .... i mean UK or US pops (we just call them 'pop', Kpops we call it 'Gayo' in Korea. ) ... Maroon 5 and Jason Mraz latest album is going good...better than that Bieber or One direction things... and Mika's celebrate is going good in pop chart but we should see how the entire 3rd album would do... if he do some promo here, like Mraz or Maroon 5 does, he will do better i think... :fisch:

I can say that Katy Perry or One direction sells worse than Mika here.. maybe TBWNTM sold better than Bieber songs... am proud but it's just part of cultural stuff...

I actually quite One Direction's song "What Makes You Beautiful" :naughty::teehee:

so who's on radio most in Korea? f(x) just had a comeback with Electric Shock so I assume they're doing well. And EXO have just concluded their activities.

Super Junior comeback soon :boing::boing:

I actually quite One Direction's song "What Makes You Beautiful" :naughty::teehee:

so who's on radio most in Korea? f(x) just had a comeback with Electric Shock so I assume they're doing well. And EXO have just concluded their activities.

Super Junior comeback soon :boing::boing:

Well .... unlike most of other countries, in Korea, radio airplay is not that important and dont reflect recent hit songs. Instead we have some huge music download&live streaming websites, like Naver Music or Melon.. their streaming&download chart is much more important. Because they dominates music market already here, itunes chart never works good here.... it's kinda...different and somewhat unique.. :naughty:

On those charts, recent F(X) song is just 9th place.. a in chart, 'organic musicians' are doing better than Kpop idols here. Sometimes I think they're more popular abroad, like southeast Asia and Japan. :naughty:

Well .... unlike most of other countries, in Korea, radio airplay is not that important and dont reflect recent hit songs. Instead we have some huge music download&live streaming websites, like Naver Music or Melon.. their streaming&download chart is much more important. Because they dominates music market already here, itunes chart never works good here.... it's kinda...different and somewhat unique.. :naughty:

On those charts, recent F(X) song is just 9th place.. a in chart, 'organic musicians' are doing better than Kpop idols here. Sometimes I think they're more popular abroad, like southeast Asia and Japan. :naughty:

Oh I actually know Melon!

Do you know Shayne Orok?

what's to dislike about Adele?! :lmfao: Yo' friends are carazay :insane:

I know! Whackos :naughty: I've just asked one of my friends what they don't like about her, and she said Adele's voice is annoying... I asked her if she thought she was better, and she said yes :doh::loco: What a crazy.... :D

• 2 years later...

hahha

It is very weird that KPOP thread exist in MFC. hahha

cuz i never expect that western people listen Kpop.

well... in Asia, listening Kpop is quite common thesedays but wetern country?? hahha so exciting!! ( not sure still listening kpop but whatever... )

• 1 month later...