Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

I actually think it's quite simple and straightforward... My problem was that I was looking for a kinds of symbolic **** to match it with the religious aspects in the song and I was looking for hints and clues of something deeper... it just wasn't there :aah: But yeah it doesn't really match the song...or it doesn't match my interpretation of the song anyway and I find that highly annoying :sneaky2:

Yeah, don't you just hate it when people don't do what you want them to do?

:sneaky2:

Wait, are you a parent? Then you already know what that's like!

:naughty:

i admit it's not the greatest video !!! ... but i do like the bit where it goes into the chorus, and you see the gawjus happy dog (name is Ky) running at 2:00 - 2:03 ... probably just cus i love dogs !!! lol

Edited by John Alan

Yeah, don't you just hate it when people don't do what you want them to do?

:sneaky2:

Wait, are you a parent? Then you already know what that's like!

:naughty:

:lmfao: I've just spent half an hour looking for my kid, who is not where she said she'd be and her mobile is on the table :mf_rosetinted: I'm gonna auction away her dinner if she doesn't show up within the next 10 minutes :sneaky2:

I think it's dark humor... with a bit of irony. It's certainly not "hit you over the head" comedy! :naughty:

Black comedy and dark humour is my favourite genre of funny :teehee: The darker the better. But I still don't see the humour in this video. I'm obviously missing something :naughty:.

Unless it's the dog running along in time to the music, that made me smile a tiny bit inside :aah:

:dog:

No, indeed, but he said (even if we will never know if it´s true) that he met Fanny Ardant someday, and suddenly he realised he wanted her in his EMD video. For me that´s a way to be related to that vid.

yes, these 'sudden' thoughts :roftl:. Mika may also like that actress that features in the video. I can imagine him watching Latin American soaps at home and laughing his head off.... :naughty:

I'm sorry for the ones who worked hard on this project :sad:

That's why everyone likes you, Robi. :huglove:

:teehee:

Edited by suzie

yes, these 'sudden' thoughts :roftl:. Mika may also like that actress that features in the video. I can imagine him watching Latin American soaps at home and laughing his head off.... :naughty:

That's why everyone likes you, Robi. :huglove:

:teehee:

who? what? where? :mf_rosetinted:

OK, I'll oblige you. :wink2:

I loved it. :wub2:

I think it's dark humor... with a bit of irony. It's certainly not "hit you over the head" comedy! :naughty:

Then, if it´s dark humor... what has dark humor to do with the song?? That song is a very important one for Mika!!! He´s told it several times, and when I talked to him in Portugal, and asked him if he expected this song to be the new "Grace Kelly" he said yes, he said he loved this song. I think it´s a very sincere and powerful song... can´t find a single reason to match that song with that..erm... short film.:mf_rosetinted:

But I still love you :aah:

yes, that "sudden" thoughts, we know what we mean... but at least, he wanted to have something to do with that one. (even if I didn´t like it either, at least I didn´t find it "ugly" or even "insulting" because yes, I think it´s insulting to my intelligence.. xD). And for me, he clearly wants to give all the credits to the director this time.

Clever guy, Mika....:mf_rosetinted:

Could the last line of the 'Latin' verse be:

deus excelso santo spirito ?

I can´t fit it... I´d need one more syllable to fit "excelso" there...

actually, he does have a song in which he adds one extra syllable in the middle of a word but I forgot what word / song it is...:roftl: *bad fan*:teehee:
yes, I can't recall it now, can't focus either

btw a song in which he skips a syllable would make up for it :naughty: