Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

Dear Mika

You're really killing me. I was not like that even I first heard Underwater live, I've been never like that when heard any of your songs.

I'm dying to fall on my knees and listen the TOOL officially recorded song.

Please :crybaby::crybaby:

I don't know if someone already mentionned it, but at some point, Mika on twitter, tweeted the lyrics of it as "the lyrics of the day". So instead of : Your love is air, I breath it in and out dear, it's ... it's Your love is air, I breath it in around me, don't know it's there but without it I'm drowning.

don´t ask me why... but watching this vid I´ve felt something I only feel in live shows...

HELL YES!! THIS IS THE F*CKING OFF SONG!!!!

It´s all his fault!!! He tweeted about it like 784676 years ago and then didn´t give us a clue of which song he meant!!!We´ve been waiting for so long!!

I just remember him making some offhand comment in an interview and then we discovered later that he hadn't even started writing yet. I think the f-off album was Gertrude and TOOL is Melachi :naughty:

I don't know if someone already mentionned it, but at some point, Mika on twitter, tweeted the lyrics of it as "the lyrics of the day". So instead of : Your love is air, I breath it in and out dear, it's ... it's Your love is air, I breath it in around me, don't know it's there but without it I'm drowning.

Thanks, that makes more sense anyway. I've updated the front page. :thumb_yello:

Funny I had thought when he Tweeted that it would be another verse of Underwater. Just shows how similar they are. :naughty:

I just remember him making some offhand comment in an interview and then we discovered later that he hadn't even started writing yet. I think the f-off album was Gertrude and TOOL is Melachi :naughty:

Thanks, that makes more sense anyway. I've updated the front page. :thumb_yello:

Funny I had thought when he Tweeted that it would be another verse of Underwater. Just shows how similar they are. :naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

I don´t care... I´m so excited that I just can :wub2: and :swoon: and :tears: now.

:aah:

And thanks for the lyrics. I´m going to learn them by heart right now. It´s been so long since I felt this for any song *sigh*

My fangurliness is back :mf_rosetinted:

My very favourite so far, I like it much more than Underwater tbh, but maybe I'm going to change my opinion as soon as I have a chance to see them live. :mikalove:

People should grab Mika's legs and arms and never let him go until he explains all the Latin/Spanish/Portuguese/Mika-Language part. :hair:

[YOUTUBE]UbOeI7mh2Qg[/YOUTUBE]

The Best TOOL Live so Far. :wub2: Still think some sounds seem missing and vacant in certain part.. but his voice is stable and recorded well.

Just beautiful :tears:.........more than beautiful :tears:......and NO HAT :mf_rosetinted:

I've heard UW and TOOL live and both are a treasure. He had changed UW version and it sounds really beautiful, maybe I put on the first place UW but TOOL it's almost so good as UW, so both are wonderful :wub2:

I played this on the piano just now and I think the chords go something like F, C, Dm, Bb in some parts like the intro, maybe this should be in the music section though :doh:

We'll move this thread back to the news section once it's no longer front page news, so go ahead and discuss anything you want about the song.

We'll move this thread back to the news section once it's no longer front page news, so go ahead and discuss anything you want about the song.

Oh ok Lol I just removed the entry :naughty: but great :thumb_yello:

LOOOOL I just wrote it in Latin. But since we already decided it wasnt Latin... :aah:

I hardly know Portuguese and English, don't ask me about Latin grammar. :lmfao: Ok, I give up. :aah:For now. :mf_rosetinted:

I hardly know Portuguese and English, don't ask me about Latin grammar. :lmfao: Ok, I give up. :aah:For now. :mf_rosetinted:

This is stressing us a bit. Ok. Im now leaving to Russia to kidnap him. I wont let him go untill he writes down everything in these lyrics. Can anyone come with me??

This is stressing us a bit. Ok. Im now leaving to Russia to kidnap him. I wont let him go untill he writes down everything in these lyrics. Can anyone come with me??

Shall we queue and start the numbers thing and stuff? :teehee:

"baptismo" you mean? :mf_rosetinted:

LOOOOL I just wrote it in Latin. But since we already decided it wasnt Latin... :aah:

It used to be baptismo, but now with the new language agreement it lacks the p, so it's batismo....:thumb_yello:

I guess he loves us so, he decided to mix latin with spanish and portuguese..:mikacool:

It used to be baptismo, but now with the new language agreement it lacks the p, so it's batismo....:thumb_yello:

I guess he loves us so, he decided to mix latin with spanish and portuguese..:mikacool:

See, Rosa? :shun::aah:

Yeah, could be that, but I prefer to think that it's all in Latin since I can't get a freaking word. :doh::teehee:

okay... i am convinced :bleh: Despite a crappy net connection and it took me 20 minutes to watch it, i love that song. Cant wait to hear it live actually:wub2: should be quite good.

I just love the face he has when the audience sings along:teehee:

Hmmmmm....

At first I didn't like it, but I have to say that the song in the Tallinn vid sounds much better with the bass and the drums (and Mika's singing sounds better)...

I'm still not sold on it, but it does sound much better than my first listen. I think I'll reserve judgement for when the album is out.

okay... i am convinced :bleh: Despite a crappy net connection and it took me 20 minutes to watch it, i love that song. Cant wait to hear it live actually:wub2: should be quite good.

I just love the face he has when the audience sings along:teehee:

Hmmmmm....

At first I didn't like it, but I have to say that the song in the Tallinn vid sounds much better with the bass and the drums (and Mika's singing sounds better)...

I'm still not sold on it, but it does sound much better than my first listen. I think I'll reserve judgement for when the album is out.

I´m all emotive now :tears: group hug guys!!!! :group_hug:

:aah:

I've heard UW and TOOL live and both are a treasure. He had changed UW version and it sounds really beautiful, maybe I put on the first place UW but TOOL it's almost so good as UW, so both are wonderful :wub2:

Thats absolutlly true..!!:wub2: It's soo hard to choose which one is the best..!!