Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

as for the Latin part, I think they say 'machismo' instead of the Latin word 'magistro'

I don't think anyone heard 'magistro' in the first place. Most people hear 'machismo' as the consonant in the middle of that word clearly has a 'tʃ' sound. Besides, the word sounds to end in 'ismo' so basically, we can exclude Latin for that part.

Edited by suzie

I don't think anyone heard 'magistro' in the first place. Most people hear 'machismo' as the consonant in the middle of that word clearly has a 'tʃ' sound. Besides, the word sounds to end in 'ismo' so basically, we can exclude Latin for that part.
I mean that Mika might use intentionally the word 'machismo' in the lyrics as a 'distortion' of the word 'magistro' :wink2: Edited by mari62

I mean that Mika might use intentionally the word 'machismo' in the lyrics as a 'distortion' of the word 'magistro' :wink2:

I see what you mean. However, 'Deus magistro' is not a phrase used in prayers and chants, either, so I don't think 'machismo' is meant to replace something that does not exist in the first place. :dunno:

Mari please just ask him about this Latin/Spanish nonsense on Tuesday or Wednesday. Forget about gifts and autographs and telling him his new album is great. This is the most important thing :roftl:

Mari please just ask him about this Latin/Spanish nonsense on Tuesday or Wednesday. Forget about gifts and autographs and telling him his new album is great. This is the most important thing :roftl:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

That was one of the questions on the questionaire, if I ever get it back:naughty:

What questionnaire? Did you give him one?

It was one compiled of random questions from those going to the Vienne gig, some from people on Twitter and a couple I threw in myself (the one about translating that Latin part was one of them).

Edited by RAK1

It was one compiled of random questions from those going to the Vienne gig, some from people on Twitter and a couple I threw in myself (the one about translating that Latin part was one of them).

So is he supposed to answer them in writing and give it to you together with your clogs? :teehee:

So is he supposed to answer them in writing and give it to you together with your clogs? :teehee:

Ha ha! I should have got it back Friday, but we thought he left straight away, as he had to leave early for Moscow next morning. Hopefully get it back tomorrow. One of the questions may have been clog related:fisch:

I bet he never dreamed that a few lines of faux-latin would cause such a kaffuffle on MFC.

Or... Perhaps he knew it would!

Bad Mika!!

I bet he never dreamed that a few lines of faux-latin would cause such a kaffuffle on MFC.

Or... Perhaps he knew it would!

Bad Mika!!

Came here to find out if someone discovered the thing Latin :aah:

Bad really a bad boy :P:

:lol3:

Someday we'll know :pray:

We'll get to listen to the recorded song tonight!

Lisa Smith ‏@lisalaurasmith

On @jowhiley tonight we have WORLD EXCLUSIVE play of 'Origin Of Love' the lead track fromt the new album by @mikasounds listen @BBCRadio2

:woot_jump: