Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

[YOUTUBE]mRpKK-26Sdo[/YOUTUBE]

Here you go guys! :teehee:

Thank you ,thank you ,thank you!!!!!! :flowers2::flowers2::flowers2:

I've just come home and I missed it . I like it ,but I'm still in love with live version .

Am I the only one who likes the live version 24978647843 times more? :dunno:

Maybe not 24978647843 times more (I did not copy the whole number :mf_rosetinted:) but yes I think the live version is more powerful. It will probably be the case with all songs we have heard live and not recorded yet though.. It just shows how good he is on stage :dunno:

@MFCers who went to the prelistening

Was that the same version you heart yesterday?

So, apparently, there was no voice distortion on the version played in Milan or at least not that intense.

@MFCers who went to the prelistening

Was that the same version you heart yesterday?

there's a long chat going on on twitter about this :naughty:

I remember it longer, less voice distortion (but i like it), the choir all over the song and percussions during the latin part were more powerful.

you could feel it in your belly, really.

Edited by robertina

I remember it longer, less voice distortion (but i like it), the choir and percussions during the latin part were more powerful.

My speakers had actually been playing up today, and wondered if that was why it sounded so distorted? I guess not?

Thanks for your answer, robertina.

I remember it longer, less voice distortion (but i like it), the choir and percussions during the latin part were more powerful.

It seems cutted at the end at Jos show, so there may will be some more in the "bbc version", too.

From what you are telling I hope he will choose the "italian version" for the album :blink:

I usually like recorded versions better than live, but I feel like I can hear his voice better in the live version, so I do prefer the live one at this point. Having said that, I don't mind the distorted sound! I just kind of wish there were a little less of it. :blush-anim-cl:

But I'm very happy right now anyway. :fangurl:

Thank you ,thank you ,thank you!!!!!! :flowers2::flowers2::flowers2:

I've just come home and I missed it . I like it ,but I'm still in love with live version .

the exact thing that happened to me too! i came home 10mins after the song was airing :sneaky2: and i think live version is MUCH better, this is so not Mika and the way he was singing it live. and also, i fell in love with this song becuz of the first "from the air i breathe..." at the beginning he was singing in live version, it was just beautiful :wub2:

I have to say that I prefer many of the live versions of his songs, probably because I know they're live. But I love TOOL in this format too. It's great, maybe more 'radio', if that makes sense. It corresponds more (although it's SO much better, more layered, rich and powerful) to what is currently played, on english radio at least...

I dunno, just my thoughts. I love it though, going to listen to it constantly until the album's out. :aah:

Am I the only one who likes the live version 24978647843 times more? :dunno:

And what the hell, 8th of October? WHAT.

Nope.................I totally agree with you. I personally think the live version is much better.

And since 8th October is my birthday I am a bit shocked - but I certainly hope it is wrong.

Oh dear, I'm disappointed with this version :shocked:

I hope there's a better version on the finished album. This one totally lacks the energy and emotion of the live version. I was hoping for something much bigger and bolder :blink:

I cannot say darling :dunno: but thank you anyway :wub2:

You're welcome! It's better than nothing anyway. Much much better than nothing :naughty:

Gotta say, I do like it. It's different to what I thought it would be, but pretty amazing.

Sometimes the choir doesn't seem loud enough, and it just feels like it's being push back which gets on my....

ANYWAY. I LOVE IT. :wub2:

I hope there's a better version on the finished album. This one totally lacks the energy and emotion of the live version. I was hoping for something much bigger and bolder :blink:

I agree :sad:

now back on the Latin part, the first 2 lines are pretty clear now, I think, except that patre deus may not be correct grammatically but it wouldn't stop Mika, I guess? I even hear padre and madre in any case.,... :roft:

Patre nostru, deus machismo

Patre deus, deus machismo

Dione matre, deus machismo

deus esso sancto spirito

anyone with a better guess:teehee:

I seem to remember that yesterday we had such a version. :dunno:

After hearing the live version, I expected that song to be something like WAG. Powerful choir and loads of positive energy. Sadly, I find the recorded version quite flat and I don't like how his voice is changed :sneaky2:

Oh dear, I'm disappointed with this version :shock ed:

I agree :sad:

Seriously guys?????!!??? :shocked:

I´m all :tears: now!!! :shocked:

OH, COME ON!!! WE FANGURLED TOGETHER WITH THIS SONG SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING!!! YOU CAN´T LET ME DOWN NOW!!!! :aah:

Seriously, it´s :tears: amazing :tears:

Finally my f*cking off song is here :pinkbow:

now back on the Latin part, the first 2 lines are pretty clear now, I think, except that patre deus may not be correct grammatically but it wouldn't stop Mika, I guess? I even hear padre and madre in any case.,... :roft:

Patre nostru, deus machismo

Patre deus, deus machismo

Dione matre, deus machismo

deus esso sancto spirito

anyone with a better guess:teehee:

I now hear what you guessed the first time:

I listen "Iode" instead of Dione... "Io" it´s "me" maybe there are two words here: "Io de" like in Spanish/Latin "Io de Matre Deus, Machismo" instead of "Io de matre, deus machismo", you know, like "I´m mother of God, machismo" :dunno:

:tears: