Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

Why would Mika direct the video like that. Just. Why?

Please remember that you have other fans that are under 18 too and THEY NEED TO SEE THE GODDAMN MOVIE OKAY. Well I've watched it myself but shh

Yes! And I'm one of those naive under 18 year olds. This was definitely not what I was expecting from a mika video, and I'm a bit shocked. Shouldn't these things come with warnings? Anybody looking in my history will be disturbed if they see that!

Please remember that you have other fans that are under 18 too and THEY NEED TO SEE THE GODDAMN MOVIE OKAY. Well I've watched it myself but shh

I mean...most fans watch every pore of his skin and droll over his naked chest and his pubic hair...and are shocked by natural nudity? Most younglings write fanfic that I myself find indecent!

I cannot figure it.

Mika didn't direct it - this was entirely the Director's vision

Yes! And I'm one of those naive under 18 year olds. This was definitely not what I was expecting from a mika video, and I'm a bit shocked. Shouldn't these things come with warnings? Anybody looking in my history will be disturbed if they see that!

There're several lines of warning under the video...:wink2:

there IS a warning!!

This film contains some nudity and scenes that viewers may find offensive. Caution is recommended. Not suitable for under 18s.

Mika didn't direct it - this was entirely the Director's vision

There're several lines of warning under the video...:wink2:

I missed that one then! That's something at least but these warnings don't come up unless using a computer to access the Internet I.e. not an app version. It should have a warning whilst the credentials are playing at the start. The video just popped up and played with no information (warnings) at the bottom. :shocked:

I mean...most fans watch every pore of his skin and droll over his naked chest and his pubic hair...and are shocked by natural nudity? Most younglings write fanfic that I myself find indecent!

I cannot figure it.

I've never seen anyone discuss his pubic hair! :shocked:

I cannot figure it.

A topless man does not count as nudity. And I definitely haven't seen a 'bottomless' mika!

My 2 cents..please ignore me if you feel too!

I loved the video at first cause I thought the story behind it was more complicated than it seemed and I had this bittersweet sensation left that was intriguing somehow..I thought the video wouldn't match the joy of the music..I thought it was the opposite. So I was satisfied..then I asked to Jimenez the exact meaning of what we saw..why the girl was forced to remember and he replied (really polite) cause she was in rehab. Then I finally understand that the concept behind this video is very simple (drug=addiction, love=healing) and I must admit that, even if is well done indeed, I like it a bit less. I like more complicated things I guess..

Anyway, despite what I feel personally, I think that this is a way to express what Mika told about the song: love is "absolute" and surrounds you..and this is what this video represents..somehow :wink2:

Well, I'm glad I've managed to avoid whatever thread that was in!

The problem I have with it . . . why is it only the woman who's naked? :sneaky2:

Seriously? Is that the problem you have with it? As fond as I am of Mika's music, he's not exactly a frontrunner when it comes to men/women equality. Mika has been dressing girls in pink dresses for years, adding feminine touches to the men, but has been reinforcing traditional female roles in his shows and the world he created with them all the time. I can understand how emancipation of women would not be his first priority, but I did think it was a bit too much. One reason I'm really happy with Joy, because I don't think she'll allow him to dress her up like a lollipop girl or something similar.

From now on, I don't think you should post videos like this one without warning about controversy and nudity! :mf_rosetinted:

This one is not bad as well ;)

[YOUTUBE]JJQvxOS1nNA[/YOUTUBE]

Actually, it is more than a treasure :fangurl:

BTW I really like this idea about short films. It's interesting to see how other people react to and interpret Mika's music without the influence of the musical industry and market needs. Both videos are nice with interesting atmosphere and photography. I wonder is he going to do that with all 12 songs. It would be great. It's a completely different approach and I'm not sure has anyone done this before. I don't think Mika should be so harshly judged for this experiment, cause it is an experiment. I'm looking at this as a bonus, a present. And a very beautiful one.

Edited by nenartus

Seriously? Is that the problem you have with it? As fond as I am of Mika's music, he's not exactly a frontrunner when it comes to men/women equality. Mika has been dressing girls in pink dresses for years, adding feminine touches to the men, but has been reinforcing traditional female roles in his shows and the world he created with them all the time. I can understand how emancipation of women would not be his first priority, but I did think it was a bit too much. One reason I'm really happy with Joy, because I don't think she'll allow him to dress her up like a lollipop girl or something similar.

I don't see putting girls in pink dresses as anywhere near the same thing as having a guy strip a woman naked and make out with her.

My 2 cents..please ignore me if you feel too!

I loved the video at first cause I thought the story behind it was more complicated than it seemed and I had this bittersweet sensation left that was intriguing somehow..I thought the video wouldn't match the joy of the music..I thought it was the opposite. So I was satisfied..then I asked to Jimenez the exact meaning of what we saw..why the girl was forced to remember and he replied (really polite) cause she was in rehab. Then I finally understand that the concept behind this video is very simple (drug=addiction, love=healing) and I must admit that, even if is well done indeed, I like it a bit less. I like more complicated things I guess..

Anyway, despite what I feel personally, I think that this is a way to express what Mika told about the song: love is "absolute" and surrounds you..and this is what this video represents..somehow :wink2:

I don't think it was a drug addiction. She was addicted to love.

From now on, I don't think you shouldn't post videos like this one without warning about controversy and nudity! :mf_rosetinted:

BTW I really like this idea about short films. It's interesting to see how other people react to and interpret Mika's music without the influence of the musical industry and market needs. Both videos are nice with interesting atmosphere and photography. I wonder is he going to do that with all 12 songs. It would be great. It's a completely different approach and I'm not sure has anyone done this before. I don't think Mika should be so harshly judged for this experiment, cause it is an experiment. I'm looking at this as a bonus, a present. And a very beautiful one.

:thumb_yello:

From now on, I don't think you shouldn't post videos like this one without warning about controversy and nudity! :mf_rosetinted:

Agreed ! :thumb_yello: