Your 2 favourites of the 5 new songs

suzie

IAs for mixing up styles, I think this album is shaping up to be a good mix but somehow much more cohesive than TBWKTM in terms of overall sound (if that makes sense and isn't a contradiction). TBWKTM was a bit of a hodge podge really :blink:.

Funny I feel the same even though I have not even heard the album:roftl:

TBWKTM reminded me more of a 'Greatest Hits' compliation from the 80s with most songs sounding like singles / hits but no cohesion between tracks, like you say.

Edited by suzie

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could have voted for three, as I can't separate Celebrate and Make You Happy. I like them both equally for completely different reasons.

Just a thought about Origin Of Love; has anyone else noticed the chord progression in the 'From the air I breathe' segment is the same as (or extremely close to) that of the chorus of Happy Ending, only in a different key obviously. Mika knows what works :teehee:

I think I am definitely going to like it more that TBWKTM.:thumb_yello:

As for mixing up styles, I think this album is shaping up to be a good mix but somehow much more cohesive than TBWKTM in terms of overall sound (if that makes sense and isn't a contradiction). TBWKTM was a bit of a hodge podge really :blink:.

Yes it's more cohiesive. I love how both Uw and Origin have references to breathing.

All I need

Is the love you breathe

From the air I breathe

To the love I need

I think that links those two songs beautifully, even though Uw is more of a ballad, and Origin is more poppy.

I love how both Uw and Origin have references to breathing.

All I need

Is the love you breathe

From the air I breathe

To the love I need

I think that links those two songs beautifully, even though Uw is more of a ballad, and Origin is more poppy.

I realised the same words appear in both but when I read these one after the other they sound totally similar. :doh: It is only the use of words though, I can see no similarity between the music other than both having some really great multivoice chorus parts. I can't wait to hear the recorded versions.

I realised the same words appear in both but when I read these one after the other they sound totally similar. :doh: It is only the use of words though, I can see no similarity between the music other than both having some really great multivoice chorus parts. I can't wait to hear the recorded versions.

I meant, because they're both on the same album. They're different songs musically, although I can hear similarities in the 'references to breathing' bits of both songs' choruses, because Origin seems to slow down a bit at that part, unless it's just me.

@Marilyn yes, I know you meant that but others mentioned these songs sounded similar in music, too, so having read your post it occurred to me what they may have meant earlier.

I have updated the first post with the best version of Underwater so far from Luzern:wub2:

Yes it's more cohiesive. I love how both Uw and Origin have references to breathing.

All I need

Is the love you breathe

From the air I breathe

To the love I need

I think it's just evidence that Mika has discovered you can rhyme breathe with need.

I think it's just evidence that Mika has discovered you can rhyme breathe with need.

As long as he's not rhyming "song" and "long" I'm good. :thumb_yello:

:wink2:

I have noticed these echoing lines between Underwater and The origin of Love.

But it was not the first time. Mika seems to do it very often: Blame it on the girls/ Blame it

on the weather/ Relax (Blame it on me or blame it on you)/ On foot boy (what's the

matter with going places?)/ Blue eyes (what's the matter with you?).

I'm sorry I missed the poll: my favourite songs would have been "Lola" and "Under'water". I love "The

Origin of Love" and "Celebrate" too. "Make you happy" is the one I would skip. It may grow on me later

on.

MYH is a great track. I wonder how he is going to change it with the strings. I hope the broken rhythm will stay -don't veven mind the distortion.

I'D RATHER HE TOOK DISTORTION OFF OF THE ORIGIN OF LOVE after the Nicorette part :aah:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed the top downloads for the tracks on the album on Canadian iTunes are in this order:

Underwater

Popular

Origin of Love

Stardust

Love You When I'm Drunk

Celebrate

(Although I think Elle Me Dit is still the top song of all his single downloads and Grace Kelly is still ahead of Celebrate!)

I noticed the top downloads for the tracks on the album on Canadian iTunes are in this order:

Underwater

Popular

Origin of Love

Stardust

Love You When I'm Drunk

Celebrate

(Although I think Elle Me Dit is still the top song of all his single downloads and Grace Kelly is still ahead of Celebrate!)

Things are happening then. Yeah! I'll tell you all what I can't stop thinking about! Heroes!! I just love how it switches from the ballady verse to that high "It's your blood on me, it's my blood on you" bit. It's so haunting and beautiful. I can imagine it as a soundtrack for a war film or something like that.

But there isn't a bad song on the album! They're all really great. Step With Me is just beautiful, so are Kids and Stardust. Popular, Emily and LYWID are great fun. MYH is a class by itself, so is Underwater. Overrated is a brilliant dance track and I don't miss the original demo. Lola is very sweet and Origin is just wonderful.

He's made the best album of all time! I just love it.

I managed to get to hear the whole thing on YT. The only thing about that is, though I'm happy to be able to hear it, I hope it won't spoil his chances for becomming #1 I hope everyone buys it, who hears it.

• 3 months later...

Underwater

Popular

Origin of Love

Stardust

Love You When I'm Drunk

Celebrate

Checked last night, it's now:

Elle me dit

Happy Ending

Grace Kelly

Popular (with Ariana)

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
interesting! I think the origin of love is a success cus it has so much in the lyrics :mikadas:

I agree. After 5 months of listening to the album I found that my fav song has changed... Now it`s The Origin of Love! This time`s forever :wink2:

The more I listen to it the more I feel how much power and inner passion`s there. The crescendo chorus is like a rising sun....

So, the poll on 1st page shows that clearly.

I agree. After 5 months of listening to the album I found that my fav song has changed... Now it`s The Origin of Love! This time`s forever :wink2:

The more I listen to it the more I feel how much power and inner passion`s there. The crescendo chorus is like a rising sun....

So, the poll on 1st page shows that clearly.

But anyway, the gig version is much more powerful! Which makes me a bit sad. :aah: