2012 - Festival Les Deferlantes d'Argeles, France - July 7- REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

He spoke catalan a little bit more. Before the gig someone from the stage put a paper on his piano. It was a small welcome in catalan she said "estic molt content d'estar aquí amb aquest primer concert a França i a Catalunya" I think cause Argelès and that part of Perpignan forms part of "Catalunya nort" so this is why he did it. Well someone said to him to do that.

It's a matter of politics and I don't care absolutely just I was pleasently surprised he speaks in catalan :wink2:

Maybe it's Occitan, the dialect spoken in Perpignan, but it's not official as Catalan in Spain does.

http://www.panoccitan.org/ :wink2:

He spoke catalan a little bit more. Before the gig someone from the stage put a paper on his piano. It was a small welcome in catalan she said "estic molt content d'estar aquí amb aquest primer concert a França i a Catalunya" I think cause Argelès and that part of Perpignan forms part of "Catalunya nort" so this is why he did it. Well someone said to him to do that.

It's a matter of politics and I don't care absolutely just I was pleasently surprised he speaks in catalan :wink2:

He said something like: "I am very happy to be here for the first gig in France and Catalan" (Catalan is very similar to Spanish) :wink2:

He said something like: "I am very happy to be here for the first gig in France and Catalan" (Catalan is very similar to Spanish) :wink2:

Right :thumb_yello: so you know spanish?? well some words are similar and other totally different

Right :thumb_yello: so you know spanish?? well some words are similar and other totally different

I speak a little bit spanish, but especially spanish and french are latin languages and have the same root: the latin:) it is easier for French to understand spanish than english ou german for example ;)

I speak a little bit spanish, but especially spanish and french are latin languages and have the same root: the latin :) it is easier for French to understand spanish than english ou german for example ;)

Yes, like catalan. So, do you understand catalan? catalan written has some similarities with french but changes 100% spoken :wink2:

She forgot this one that I find it extremely sweet :wub2:

616155740.jpg

yes it is a sweet pic, the gig at Argeles must have been really special! thanks for all the photos Alba, Julie and Kate:flowers2:

yes it is a sweet pic, the gig at Argeles must have been really special! thanks for all the photos Alba, Julie and Kate:flowers2:

Thanks Netina, yes it was, for me every gig it's special as I can't attend most of them :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Mikasister