Mika's band since 2012.

nenartus

I wonder if Mitchell will only be there for the North American tour. I believe that @mellodymentioned that another pianist wrote in his one of his posts on social media that he was rehearsing to go on tour with Mika. This pianist is European based, maybe he will be joining Mika for the European leg of the Rite of Spring? 

(I believe it’s the same pianist from Salle Pleyel, but I could be mistaking?)

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 11:29 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

I wonder if Mitchell will only be there for the North American tour. I believe that @mellodymentioned that another pianist wrote in his one of his posts on social media that he was rehearsing to go on tour with Mika. This pianist is European based, maybe he will be joining Mika for the European leg of the Rite of Spring? 

(I believe it’s the same pianist from Salle Pleyel, but I could be mistaking?)

Yes, Alban Claudin, he was the one at Salle Pleyel. He said he'd be touring with Mika, but seems he has a lot of appointments for his solo career, so maybe the plans changed - I guess we'll see. In his Insta Bio Mika is still tagged. Anyway the guitarist will definitely change for the European tour, or at least for part of it - Clément Dewitt, who also was at Salle Pleyel, has the dates on his website: https://monsieurdewitt.com/agenda/ . Not sure if the list just isn't up to date, or if Tim (or someone else) will play the other dates.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Anyway the guitarist will definitely change for the European tour, or at least for part of it - Clément Dewitt, who also was at Salle Pleyel, has the dates on his website: https://monsieurdewitt.com/agenda/ . Not sure if the list just isn't up to date, or if Tim (or someone else) will play the other dates.

Adele will play 1st and 2nd of July in London, so I can imagine Tim will be there. Other dates haven’t been released yet, so it’s possible either she is planning to do more during the month of July, or Tim will be enjoying a well deserved vacation :thumb_yello:

I really love the dynamic of the band he’s currently touring with! I wonder if he recorded (or will be recording) some songs for his new album(s) with them, or also with the others you have mentioned above. I feel that they have adjusted/added some instrumental parts with “Modern Times” after they have played it a few times live. This is normal, but it’s such a good match with Mika, because I feel the few changes worked out very well. (Or I am just imagining that they changed things!)

Either way, they are all very talented musicians and I don’t mind seeing and hearing them in any constellation together ☺️

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Isn't there a specific thread for Max Taylor? I can't find it rn and I‘m excited about his new music 😊

I don't think there is - you could always set one up.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, Péhl Tamás said:

Who do you think MIKA's band will be for the Apocalypse Calypso Tour? Will it stay the same or will Tim come back if he doesn't have shows with Adele?

well, I guess that answers my question 😅

Screenshot_2023-10-20-16-52-22-528_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I'll be honest I actually don't know Mika's band that well (at least not by name, apart from Max), and I want to know who this handsome guy is from the L'invit.live concert! 😁

20231201_222530.thumb.png.99bd38bffc4fd4e3fec151fbd8e2dea9.png

57 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'll be honest I actually don't know Mika's band that well (at least not by name, apart from Max), and I want to know who this handsome guy is from the L'invit.live concert! 😁

20231201_222530.thumb.png.99bd38bffc4fd4e3fec151fbd8e2dea9.png

It's Clement de Witt.

You can follow him on Instagram as monsieurdewitt

Screenshot_20231202-133257.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's Clement de Witt.

You can follow him on Instagram as monsieurdewitt

Screenshot_20231202-133257.png

Thank you! 

I may now become a Clement fan... :sweatdrop:

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

If someone wonders who is new Mika pianist, it's  Alban Claudin (who was at the Salle Pleyel concert but who didn't came back after)

Screenshot_20240119-1450562.thumb.png.a411672b8bc348a3016e7954015a9bdf.png

He is French, worked with Clara Luciani and he's also doing his own music. 

You probably can find more information here : https://www.albanclaudin.com/

Edited by Juless
typo + discovered he was at Pleyel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1