Mika's band since 2012.

nenartus

- Sixth & I Historic Synagogue, Apr. 10, 2013 -Washington DC, USA

562577_485784828137635_24803639_n.jpg

'The build up to the show starting was intense. I couldn’t stop thinking about what it was going to be like seeing Mika for the first time in person. After what felt like an hour of waiting, Max and Curtis came out to start the pre-show DJ set. I’m surprised people have been saying it’s not very good and they were wishing it would end because my sister and I were having the time of our lives seat dancing. I’d go so far as to say we could have been a great addition to the whole setup by being on stage leading the crowd in their own seat dancing. At one point Max and my sister were voguing together to Madonna, it doesn’t get much better than that. So Max and Curtis get two enthusiastic thumbs up from me for the DJ set, it was a rousing good time and a great warm-up to the actual show. And might I add, not everyone can find the beat in a laundry detergent commercial so well done Max and Curtis for locating it and rocking out, my sister in particular found it quite entertaining.'

REF ::

http://maryelizabethhb.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/an-intimate-evening-with-mika/

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some wonderful images from instagram of JOY*

http://instagram.com/p/aTzmHWFecE/

Joy1.jpg

*Joy Joseph is a musical artist like no other. An electrifying percussionist, steel pan player, kit drummer and a hugely talented singer – this girl has it all.

Joy has made her name as an in demand live percussionist on the London club scene, working with a diverse range of DJs including DJ Disciple, Danny Rampling, Boy George, Booker T, Rap Saunders, and Paul ‘Trouble’ Anderson, lending her considerable energy and charisma as well as her musical skills to countless club nights, festivals and parties.including London residences at Soul Fierce, Trade, Fiction , A: M, Beyond, Later, Drama, Orange, Bootylicious, Bleached, Dreams, Soul divine, Soulmates, Detox and various private parties

In recent years Joy has added to her reputation on the drums by making a huge name for herself as a vocalist, working with many groups but most notably alongside Mr Hudson (recently appearing at number 2 on the UK chart).

Over the past few of years alone Joy Joseph has worked with the biggest names in the industry, performing alongside: Kanye West, Amy Winehouse, Groove Armada, Calvin Harris, The Police, Erika Badu, Mika, and many more. She has toured all the biggest festivals, which have included Glastonbury, V Festival, the iTunes Festival, T in The Park, and Lovebox, to name but a few. Alongside this, Joy has had major success and exposure on TV and radio, appearing numerous times on BBC Radio (with Zane Lowe, Jo Whiley, Jools Holland, Ras Kwame, & Dermot O’Leary), and performing on MTV, live at the MOBO’s, on the Alan Carr Show, The Mercury Sessions, and so much more.

Joy Joseph made her long-awaited debut as solo artist with the single ‘Our Love Is Taking Us Through’ b/w ‘Out Of All The Boys & The Girls’ which came out on FRIZZ in August 2010. The A-side shows off Joy’s Rocksteady and Lovers’ Rock roots, whilst the flip is an intoxicating slice of 21st century Psychedelic Soul. Both are collaborations with her Mr Hudson & The Library band-mates Raphael Mann and Wilkie Wilkinson, and are the first taste of her upcoming solo LP

With style and quality in abundance, whether Joy is behind the drums, a mic, on TV, or in a club – the experience never fails to excite, amaze, and enrapture a crowd.

JOY JOSEPH - 'Our Love Is Taking Us Through' (promo)

'TOO LATE, TOO LATE' LIVE AT THE BIG CHILL FESTIVAL 2009

Edited by A. Clay