Mika: 'I'd Love To Write A Song With One Direction!'

Milda

Omg Mika, are you ok?? :roftl:

Anyway, I don't want to offend JB and 1D, but for me it'd be a clash! :blink:

Have you heard Gave It All Away? That's about as boyband as you can get. (Not Justin Bieberish, but certainly One Direction.)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuck! Justin Bieber and One Direction? Thought mika was better than that! He might be taking pity on them, and says he would maybe write a song 'for them', not 'with them'- crucial difference!:mikacool:

I've just read the actual 'interview'. It's a bit pathetic. They were having a conversation , I assume, on loads of different topics.

Interviewer says 'Do you want to work with 1D or JB? '

Mika says 'actually, I want to write a song for a boyband. It'd be fun. Oh yeah, I met Justin Beiber once too!'

Interviewer chooses to write up only this part of the interview. So what? Mika writes for other people ( not only Boyzone) , under different names - in an interview he said that he had a few cover names, one being 'Alice'!

Edited by Ellenowl

This has brought back horrible memories of Gave It All Away :puke:

Wand Erection may be a boyband but at least they are young and current and not a sappy Manband like Boyzone were at the time of GIAA. So anything he wrote for them would have to be better than GIAA. But please don't give them one of your good songs, Mika, keep it for yourself :aah:

As for Bieber, :uhno: . Too horrible to even think about, soft hands or no soft hands.

Gatagordinha: "Wand Erection may be a boyband but at least they are young and current and not a sappy Manband like Boyzone were at the time of GIAA. So anything he wrote for them would have to be better than GIAA. But please don't give them one of your good songs, Mika, keep it for yourself :aah:"

Lol! I personally think 1D ( WE!) are worse. Their formation proves it: they were put together for x factor because they weren't good enough to compete as solo singers.They offer nothing more than a couple of slightly good-looking guys, and 3 very annoying guys. They don't write their own songs, and only one of them plays an instrument ( guitar at beginner level, I think!)

Edited by Ellenowl

First of all. I love GIAA, and I loved what Boyzone did with the song. When Mika appeared on their Stephen Gately tribute show, it was a lovely moment.

Mika is a songwriter, he also writes in different styles. Of course he should (if he so wishes and gets asked to do it) write for 1D and JB. I get fed up with the attitude of Mika should only write for Mika. That is rediculous. It's like when some fans didn't want Mika's songs on GLEE, even though it would have boosted his profile in the USA. Besides, I'd love to hear other singers cover his songs. It shows a songwriter has arrived at the top, when their songs get sung all over the place. No matter who sings them, they are still Mika's songs.

There is no need for Mika to be exclusive. Mika sould write songs for the huge stars of the day if he wants to. He'd write great songs for (and with) teenage heartthrobs like 1D and JB

1D are huge in UK, and also in the USA where Mika hasn't really made his mark. A great Mika hit, sung by 1D would boost his profile and a Mika song would possibly get to#1 Again.

Justin Bieber is okay. He's just a young man trying, like Mika, to make a living as a singer/songwriter. He also has a worldwide fan base. Mika could collaborate with him and his fans would get to know Mika too.

Anyway, I hope he does write with 1D and JB. It would be awesome!:mikalove:

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I don't think Mika could write for Justin Bieber because JB is an R&B artist, not pop. Unless it was a complete hatchet job like Gang Bang where it wasn't even Mika's song by the time it was finished. Mika is only talking about writing for One Dimension, not Bieber.

Marilyn my understanding of Glee is that they cover other people's hit songs and not that they get artists to write music for them which is different than this One Direction idea. Of course it would benefit Mika to earn the money and get the exposure that comes with them covering his songs, but I just find something sad about the idea of Grace Kelly becoming a #1 song in the US being sung badly by someone else and not Mika. I'm not against it, it's just not something I support. Every time I hear that awful version of Don't Stop Believing I just despair for the state of music in this generation because it's so bad compared to the original. :naughty:

First of all, my reaction:

:shocked:

And now I´m done.

:aah:

He should have given Celebrate to them.:mf_rosetinted:

What a good idea :mf_rosetinted:

What is the reputation of this band? What the press writes about them? What people say about them? Who are their fans? I do not know these guys.

Ask Wonka. Wonkita, (her daughter) uses to spam my facebook with everything about One Direction. I´ve seen them so many times that I almost feel them as my children.....:mf_rosetinted:

The phrase about the soft hands was very stupid. The only justification, if Mika was lost and and did not remember anything good about Bieber, except these hands. Or hands of other people that day were sweaty, and Mika was pleasantly surprised with Bieber's .

If He thinks it's good for his career and popularity, then let Him write for others.

What is the reputation of this band? What the press writes about them? What people say about them? Who are their fans? I do not know these guys.

They are very young good looking boys so you can imagine their fans are mostly young girls. :naughty: My boss's son is 9 years old and he likes One Direction and Bieber too because he idolizes them.

I only know a couple of their songs but I think one in particular is a really good pop song. I am guessing they did not write it though. :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]QJO3ROT-A4E[/YOUTUBE]

First of all, my reaction:

:shocked:

And now I´m done.

What a good idea :mf_rosetinted:

Ask Wonka. Wonkita, (her daughter) uses to spam my facebook with everything about One Direction. I´ve seen them so many times that I almost feel them as my children.....:mf_rosetinted:

If they are idols of little girls, I like it. Otherwise, I'll go with a poster "Mika is for everyone!" :sneaky2:

They are very young good looking boys so you can imagine their fans are mostly young girls. :naughty: My boss's son is 9 years old and he likes One Direction and Bieber too because he idolizes them.

I only know a couple of their songs but I think one in particular is a really good pop song. I am guessing they did not write it though. :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]QJO3ROT-A4E[/YOUTUBE]

At the same time. While I was translating into English, you wrote)

The phrase about the soft hands was very stupid. The only justification, if Mika was lost and and did not remember anything good about Bieber, except these hands. Or hands of other people that day were sweaty, and Mika was pleasantly surprised with Bieber's .

If He thinks it's good for his career and popularity, then let Him write for others.

Dont attatch too much importance to what Mika says, Lena... he just did a random comment about a really random subject.

Not sure about him writing for boybands... He did a song for Boyzone, also Eros and now Madonna. Anyway, I can´t see any of Mika´s song fitting in a boyband... (though he looked great sitting among those Boyzone :teehee:)

Dont attatch too much importance to what Mika says, Lena... he just did a random comment about a really random subject.

Not sure about him writing for boybands... He did a song for Boyzone, also Eros and now Madonna. Anyway, I can´t see any of Mika´s song fitting in a boyband... (though he looked great sitting among those Boyzone :teehee:)

But I attach great importance of His words and every motion of His hands and eyes. All right. And yet . That, because of what I was not itself . The absence of quotation marks in the title of the article is a deliberate move to a double meaning? I hope it was not a special arrangement with Mika. But I do not understand this girl. It was in the yellow style.

I love the song for Ramazzotti and the song Boyzone begged.

Edited by Lena

I only know a couple of their songs but I think one in particular is a really good pop song.

This guitar riff at the beginning sounds like 'Summer Nights' from Grease :roftl:

I am sure they have a professional songwriting team behind them.

well, seriously, what should mika say if the interviewer asks him about one direction? maybe this songwriting thing was his way of saying that he hates their music like it is and is sure he could do a better job. :naughty: no, actually i don't know a single song of them (video that christine posted doesn't work in germany :aah:), so i won't judge them... but in any case i think it's clever of mika to mention 1D and bieber in an interview, because they have a lot of fans who might also like mika - and if their names appear on the web and mika says something positive about them (like bieber's soft hands), their fans might find it and might want to know who this mika is, discover his music, buy his record... he loses nothing and might gain a few new fans this way, no matter if he really ever writes for or with them or intends to do this. :wink2:

well, seriously, what should mika say if the interviewer asks him about one direction? maybe this songwriting thing was his way of saying that he hates their music like it is and is sure he could do a better job. :naughty: no, actually i don't know a single song of them (video that christine posted doesn't work in germany :aah:), so i won't judge them... but in any case i think it's clever of mika to mention 1D and bieber in an interview, because they have a lot of fans who might also like mika - and if their names appear on the web and mika says something positive about them (like bieber's soft hands), their fans might find it and might want to know who this mika is, discover his music, buy his record... he loses nothing and might gain a few new fans this way, no matter if he really ever writes for or with them or intends to do this. :wink2:

I like your point of view. And it shows again how Mika is always a step forward!

I like your point of view. And it shows again how Mika is always a step forward!

of course i don't know if this was his thought behind saying it, but i know that it works this way... for example, i've discovered wouter hamel and mathew james white because i saw their names on the web connected with mika in some way, and i bought their CDs and went so several of their gigs since then.

in fact the first time i heard about mika was because he was mentioned in connection with take that, whom i was a fan of. it was a negative connection though, that's why i wasn't interested at first, but only when i heard GK a few weeks later. :teehee:

He should have given Celebrate to them.:mf_rosetinted:

Ditto! :lmfao:

"And One Direction aren't the only teens Mika has his eye on, it seems."

That makes him sound so creepy!!

This bit absolutely killed me when I read this interview yesterday. What an unfortunate phrasing. :lmao:

Have you heard Gave It All Away? That's about as boyband as you can get. (Not Justin Bieberish, but certainly One Direction.)

That's why I don't understand why he said he wants to write another song like that. Maybe he enjoyed writing GIAA so much he wants to do it again. :naughty:

I've never heard a 1D song in my life and I intend to keep it that way, even if it's just for the sake of not knowing what people are talking about. I hope Mika doesn't make me break this promise. :aah: