Mika: 'I'd Love To Write A Song With One Direction!'

Milda

Do you seriously believe he'd do such cheap publicity for himself? I don't. If he was of that kind, he would have done it a long time ago. He has seen a lot of his friends rise to fame and he hardly says a word about them and especially not use them this way.

I think it is in Mika's personality that if he can't say much positive about Bieber's music he says that he is a nice chap. Similarly, he has no particular opinion on a manufactured band, so he says he'd like to participate in the mechanism of creating this chewing gum pop act as a songwriter.

Simple thoughts for simple journalists / tabloids. He is not going to say the same thing when interviewed by Q magazine. for example.

like i said, i don't know what his thoughts were when answering that question... but 1d/bieber fans finding out about mika this way would definitely be a positive (side) effect of it. :wink2: besides, i remember seeing those pap photos of mika and dita on mika's pr agency website... i wouldn't be surprised if someone gave the paps a hint or if it even was completely arranged. :fisch: i don't mind though - the good thing is that it's not obvious that it is done for publicity. obvious publicity is often seen as a bad thing in the times of spam e-mails and popup windows, people just get too much of it. you have to be more subtle. and that's why i don't see things like this as "cheap" publicity, but as quite clever, as it's not obvious. all he did was answer a journalist's question. :bleh: it's irrelevant really if he intended the publicity or not, fact is that it IS publicity. :wink2:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

l that's why i don't see things like this as "cheap" publicity, but as quite clever, as it's not obvious. all he did was answer a journalist's question. :bleh:

..but it was you who said that Mika might have had a hidden agenda.:dunno:

I said I didn't believe he did (i.e. no intention of cheap publicity) as it was in his nature to have a kind word about people even though not necessarily about their music.

So we agree then ..? :teehee:

Maybe Mika has already co-written a One

Direction song and he's just putting it out there. :teehee:

... and I may cry a little :roftl:

Edited by suzie

@Christine Whilst I agree with what you said about Gaga turning into a miserable freak and I don't find her songs great anymore, it does not invalidate the point that someone being true to oneself might make more enjoyable music. Or at least, some people relate to these artists more. Well, I do. Gaga may have 'lost it' but while she still had it she was good.

But how do we know who is being true to themselves? Gaga is a fake and a hack as far as I'm concerned. Just because I preferred her earlier stuff to what she is doing now doesn't mean she came by it more or less honestly.

People are saying that they haven't listened to the 1D song and don't plan on it so I don't believe it is the quality of the songs that is putting anyone off. It's just snobbery.

..but it was you who said that Mika might have had a hidden agenda.:dunno:

I said I didn't believe he did (i.e. no intention of cheap publicity) as it was in his nature to have a kind word about people even though not necessarily about their music.

So we agree then ..? :teehee:

um, i guess? :blink::lmfao: *confused* :aah:

i definitely agree with the bolded part, and i also said something similar at the beginning of my first post re. the topic. :wink2: in any case, i think it'd be easier for us to see what he really meant if it was a video interview, or if at least we knew exactly what the question/s was/were. :rolls_eyes:

But how do we know who is being true to themselves? Gaga is a fake and a hack as far as I'm concerned. Just because I preferred her earlier stuff to what she is doing now doesn't mean she came by it more or less honestly..

She has her own vision, something that she created so I don't consider that fake. What I do consider fake is when people put together boy- and girlbands by the look, basically, and have a team put behind them to make as much money as they can out of them of for the two years they last. There is no clear dividing line between fakeness and authenticity though and I wouldn't know where to draw it in most cases. I can only refer to how I feel about it - the reality differs for each individual.

People are saying that they haven't listened to the 1D song and don't plan on it so I don't believe it is the quality of the songs that is putting anyone off. It's just snobbery.

Yes, it is similar to people not listening to Mika, actually, but when they do listen and are put off, I understand that. I heard 2-3 songs from them while MTV was on and I did found them catchy but I do not even recall songtitles as I really think that you hear one, you hear them all.

i think it'd be easier for us to see what he really meant if it was a video interview, or if at least we knew exactly what the question/s was/were. :rolls_eyes:

To be honest, I don't really care but I enjoy the conversation here :roftl:

I don't even know what kind of publication the interview was for but based on the end result it must have been some tabloid and it really was just for some publicity, like you said. With his album out soon he needs to try to keep a high profile and I'd rather he talks about Justin Bieber than stuffing pieces of veal in his Louboutins. :teehee:

To be honest, I don't really care but I enjoy the conversation here :roftl:

I don't even know what kind of publication the interview was for but based on the end result it must have been some tabloid and it really was just for some publicity, like you said. With his album out soon he needs to try to keep a high profile and I'd rather he talks about Justin Bieber than stuffing pieces of veal in his Louboutins. :teehee:

:lmfao: true. :naughty:

LOL How funny to be back on the loop :aah:

I´ve always liked the fact that Mika always is kind to everyone, untill he talked rubbish about Rihanna in his last column :aah:

And about Madonna in that interview... :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, maybe Mika is a bit b*tch sometimes too. LOL

But what is clear to me, is that he is really clever and I like the way he "manipulates" the truth. I simply love it.

I actually really love the 1D song, You Don't Know You're Beautiful. It a wonderful pop song and has a great tune and thoughtful lyrics. When I first heard it I imediately thought of Mika. I think he'd have loved the song too.I love the bit

You don't know you're beautiful

That's what makes you beautiful

It's a lovely message, similar to the message Mika sent in BG, but better than BG because it's not just about one type of girl, it's about beauty being in all types, especially when we don't know it's there.

I don't particularly enjoy all 1D songs, but I don't disrespect them just because they came from X Factor and were put together there. I think they work well as a group and have become enormously popular. That wouldn't have happened if they had no talent. They could do with someone like Mika to write them some great songs with good harmonies that a vocal group could do well.

For the record, I also love Jedward! There, I've said it. I love how the twins have ignored all the nasty comments about them and have made a real niche for themselves. I admire anyone who works hard and makes it in this cynical world, even if the world is against them.

This is what we loved about Mika when he first came along. We should admire such courage in others too.

I´ve always liked the fact that Mika always is kind to everyone, untill he talked rubbish about Rihanna in his last column :aah:

Well, it is not about her but only about her perfume. That’s a key difference.

Mika is most certainly opinionated but tends to be cautious and he needs to. I don’t really like when artists b*tch about others as they are in the same game. They should take this all ‘home’ and not use it just for publicity. Mika is doing an excellent job of it, I think.

But what is clear to me, is that he is really clever and I like the way he "manipulates" the truth. I simply love it.

I like that, too. I once had a friend who behaved in a similar way and I absolutely liked this way of colouring stories..etc.. until we had to start working together :rolls_eyes:

Well, it is not about her but only about her perfume. That’s a key difference.

Mika is most certainly opinionated but tends to be cautious and he needs to. I don’t really like when artists b*tch about others as they are in the same game. They should take this all ‘home’ and not use it just for publicity. Mika is doing an excellent job of it, I think.

I like that, too. I once had a friend who behaved in a similar way and I absolutely liked this way of colouring stories..etc.. until we had to start working together :rolls_eyes:

LOL Yes, I bet its funnier from a fan point of view,but a real pain in the *ss if that person is your mate :aah:

Oh,and about colouring stories... in a recent interview he said he has an old car but he never drives it....not that he posted a pic of him in the car with flowers....or he tweeted a pic of the road while driving it....or that he went for a ride with Dita in that car.... :fisch:

Sometimes his Gertrudes have no sense at all :aah:

One Direction 2012: Mika wants to work with Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson & Niall Horan

One Direction are becoming so big that it seems everyone wants a little bit of their magic.

It was rumoured this week that the boys have been working with Bruno Mas on some tracks for their new album and we already know that Ed Sheeran has been collaborating with the lads on songs.

Today, it is reported that Mika is the latest star to become interested in tasting a bit of the 1D pie and the “Grace Kelly” hitmaker admitted that despite being tied up in his own music and projects currently, he would quite like to join forces with the X Factor stars at some point.

In an interview with Sugarscape the quirky performer admitted:

“As a songwriter I think it would be really fun to write something for a boyband because you’d really be able to go all out,” Mika told Entertainmentwise.

“I really want to write the perfect boyband pop song, I’d love to write a song with One Direction!”

We wouldn’t have pegged Mika as a big teen idol person, but it appears that he has a bit of a penchant for the younger men as he was gushing about his meeting with Justin Bieber too.

He continued:

‘”I met Justin Bieber and I shook his hand. He’s got really soft hands. He’s really nice, just a nice kid.’

So what do you think Directioners? Would a Mika and 1D mashup work for you? Do you think they would work well together? Leave your comments below….

Full interview :thumb_yello: Now this makes more sense :naughty:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/81283/Mika-Justin-Bieber-Has-Really-Soft-Hands?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Singer/songwriter Mika may have been off the showbiz radar for a little while now, however the 'Grace Kelly' star is set to make a big comeback with his brand new single 'Celebrate', featuring Pharrell Williams and Entertainmentwise couldn't wait to have a catch up with the eccentric star in his London home to find out exactly where he's been hiding and what's to come in the near future...

On Twitter we've been getting messages from concerned fans asking how you are, how are you?

I'm ok, my throat's just tired. I've been doing these crazy back to back shows. It's just the beginning of a campaign, after not touring for a year, but it's fine.

Does it freak you out a little that people know so much about you?

Yeah, well I was supposed to be doing a shoot this morning but I had to go and get it checked out so I think they tweeted that I was ill, so I was like 'Here we go, there's going to be a stream of 'why are you ill?' questions.

New look ready for the comeback. Is it just a hair cut or do you actually feel like you've changed as a person?

In some ways it's a change and in other ways it's a development. When you have a career and if you don't have goals and aspirations it kind of just goes nowhere. When I made my first record I made it for me. Most of it was made in this room and some of it was made at school in some cubicles. It was all cascading melodies and ridiculous storylines whereas this time I surrounded myself with all these good musicians, a clash of people that shouldn't be in a room together. Now I'm like 'Yes, I can write a song about the Roman Catholic church!' So, the very long answer is yes, in some ways I have really changed, but actually in others I've gone back to the beginning. My hearts very much on my sleeve on this record.

Madonna is amongst the superstars that you've worked with recently - how did that come about? Have you met her?

I first met Madonna a few years ago now, she was everything that I thought she was going to be. She says the most inappropriate things in the best possible way...she was quite candid, brutally candid. Maybe she was uncomfortable in the group that we were in. I was like 'wow!', I get why she has this power and energy. The song was a result of this crazy chaos of things. I wrote this song called 'Bang Bang' with a young writer from LA, which we let go and then it didn't go anyway and the next thing I know I get a call saying it'd been played to Madonna and that she wanted to sing it. Then she sang it and re-wrote it and the result is 'Gang Bang.'

You're BFFs with Dita Von Teese, what do you think about her new boyfriend Theo Hutchcraft?

I actually met him the second time she ever met him, over dinner. He had quite a nice manner about him. I didn't know he was in the band 'Hurts', it was weeks later she told me. She's such an easy going girl, she's so effortless. When you think of her you think of effort immediately, but even down to her style she does it all herself - hair, makeup. Everything! She's just such an easy-going chick.

There were rumours that you were a front-runner for Queen. How do you feel about Adam Lambert taking that place?

I wasn't aware of the rumours that were going around about being one of the front-runners for Queen, but I don't think I would've been a good choice. Maybe they were talking about it amongst themselves but the truth of the matter is, I don't think I would be a very good choice. I know a couple of those guys quite well and they didn't mention anything to me. I think I'd find it quite hard to sing those songs on a nightly basis, sure I'd love to. I don't think I'd want to put myself in that position because I idolised them too much when I was growing up. It would be really weird and I don't think I could ever have the arrogance to attempt to play Freddie Mercury, purely out of admiration.

You've collaborated with a lot of big stars now - if you had to pick one person to work with next out of Justin Bieber and One Direction, who would it be?

I met Justin Bieber and I shook his hand, he's got really soft hands. We sat next to each other at the NRJ awards this year and he's a really nice kid. His new album is full of quite classy collaborations, but I've got to say for a songwriter it would be really fun to write something for a boyband like One Direction because you could really go all out. Like, you could really write a great pop song. I have to say, I would probably go for One Direction if I had the choice.

• 2 weeks later...