2012 - Afisha Picnic, Moscow, RUSSIA - July 21

guylainem123

Here is a report from the “Tickets Fairy” lucky winner. :blush-anim-cl:

This is the second time I saw Mika onstage and I liked it more than in 2010 in Moscow.

It was a full show for me, even though Mika wasn`t a headliner of the festival. But in fact he WAS. He performed Relax, Billy Brown, Love Today, Stuck in The Middle, Rain, Blame It on The Girls, Happy Ending, Blue Eyes and new Celebrate и Make You Happy. I was standing in the 3rd line, waving my “Mika Russian Fanclub” banner like crazy.

Everything was perfect and easy – Mika was so confident, so fantastically handsome and so glad when he saw responding audience . People were friendly and adequate there , imho. They were singing along with Mika, all jumping and screaming. Isn`t it the thing that Makes Him Happy ? It is.

By the time Mika appeared onstage – terrible rain stopped, the sun was shining . Call this Mikamagic.

He introduced a new band – Max, Felix, Chris and Joy. All are young, nice but what`s more important - professional. Previous fests and shows allowed them to play well together, so this time they were a better team. But Mika “shot” them all, by a tradition.

But the most wonderful and amazing thing happened to me later – when we met Mika backstage. I had no intention to catch him or bother him after a gig - but he wasn`t hiding. Mika and his fellows were sitting on the Moskva-river embankment right behind the stage. We just waved our hands to him. He noticed us and …… approached !!!!!! OMG !!! Let this moment last forever !!!!

He was SO nice, attentive and kind to give us autographs. And his colleague took a picture of us together - here we are, happy and astonished – Mika, Sveta and yours truly http://vk.com/album139057746_159959241

I`m so proud and happy to be a Mika fan. I wish everyone here to have the same experience ! Thank you Mika. Come back to Russia – anytime, anywhere.

• Like 1

This is the second time I saw Mika onstage and I liked it more than in 2010 in Moscow.

It was a full show for me, even though Mika wasn`t a headliner of the festival. But in fact he WAS. He performed Relax, Billy Brown, Love Today, Stuck in The Middle, Rain, Blame It on The Girls, Happy Ending, Blue Eyes and new Celebrate и Make You Happy. I was standing in the 3rd line, waving my “Mika Russian Fanclub” banner like crazy.

Everything was perfect and easy – Mika was so confident, so fantastically handsome and so glad when he saw responding audience . People were friendly and adequate there , imho. They were singing along with Mika, all jumping and screaming. Isn`t it the thing that Makes Him Happy ? It is.

By the time Mika appeared onstage – terrible rain stopped, the sun was shining . Call this Mikamagic.

He introduced a new band – Max, Felix, Chris and Joy. All are young, nice but what`s more important - professional. Previous fests and shows allowed them to play well together, so this time they were a better team. But Mika “shot” them all, by a tradition.

But the most wonderful and amazing thing happened to me later – when we met Mika backstage. I had no intention to catch him or bother him after a gig - but he wasn`t hiding. Mika and his fellows were sitting on the Moskva-river embankment right behind the stage. We just waved our hands to him. He noticed us and …… approached !!!!!! OMG !!! Let this moment last forever !!!!

He was SO nice, attentive and kind to give us autographs. And his colleague took a picture of us together - here we are, happy and astonished – Mika, Sveta and yours truly http://vk.com/album139057746_159959241

I`m so proud and happy to be a Mika fan. I wish everyone here to have the same experience ! Thank you Mika. Come back to Russia – anytime, anywhere.

Thanks for your report Julia, your pic is wonderful. I'm happy for you :huglove:

Thank you for the report :thumb_yello: And you must be so happy that you got to meet him afterwards :fangurl: What a great thing to happen

Aw, he's a good popstar isn't he? :mikalove:

You are the blonde and Sveta the brunette?

It was really great to watch the live feed and so many people get into Mika's performance as if they were all there just to see him. Must have been incredible for you to experience it in person.

I'm glad to hear he took time to meet his devoted Russian fans.:thumb_yello:

...I have yet to watch the concert but from the pics it looks like he really made an impact there. I hope he'll be successful over there very soon.

Aw, he's a good popstar isn't he? :mikalove:

You are the blonde and Sveta the brunette?

It was really great to watch the live feed and so many people get into Mika's performance as if they were all there just to see him. Must have been incredible for you to experience it in person.

Yes Christine - you`re right:wink2:

I'm not gonna torture you all any more and will post some pics :wink2:

Well, my pics are too big, woops!!!

OK, sorry, I will make them smaller and I'll post some tomorrow!

Edited by Mousetrap

Oh, Julia, thank you for your sweet report! I'm so happy to read it, and so

glad you were able to meet Mika afterward! Love the photos of you and Sveta!

I'll make sure the Ticket Fairy knows you had such a great time! :wub2:

Oh! well, I will appreciate it if they are smaller, I must admit -- I get a little

annoyed with the HUGE photos that make me have to scroll left to right

when I'm trying to read the threads! :teehee:

Guess we'll be patient one more day! But hurry! :naughty:

Just wanna confirm one more time, oh yes, he was amazingly perfect that day! And I'm sure he was in a good mood. It was very special to hear him speak russian words...priceless. Most of the people, who don't like him or don't know him said, that "boy" is something special! I was so proud)))

• Like 1

Thank you for this wonderful report Julia! So glad you had such a great time and got to meet him and also that the Russian audience loved his performance so much!!

Looking forward to seeing your pics. The autograph in your signature looks fantastic!

Just wanna confirm one more time, oh yes, he was amazingly perfect that day! And I'm sure he was in a good mood. It was very special to hear him speak russian words...priceless. Most of the people, who don't like him or don't know him said, that "boy" is something special! I was so proud)))

Even I was surprised at how well he was doing with Russian so the audience must have been really impressed. During the Dodgy Holiday tour he would have a script that he used in English where he said more or less the same things every show and when he was in non-English speaking countries he would have a translated version on a piece of paper on the keyboard.

But at this show he was laying on the ground and still knew the words. You got the impression that he actually speaks a bit of Russian and he'd certainly made an effort to connect with everyone.

Are you ready? :fisch:

Well, first I wanna say some words about the show: the sound was perfect, Mika was in a very good shape - his voice was very strong and clear. When I looked at him I just couldn't believe it was happening in reality :aah:

imgp1885.jpg

imgp1898.jpg

imgp1901.jpg

imgp1904fe.jpg