2012 - Vigevano Italy - July 24 - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

guylainem123

I'm a bit confused about the mentions of the queue being a mess, and how 'the numbers didn't work', but at the same time I have been reading that people spent the day (or most part of it) at a bar/cafe nearby?

If that is the case, then I don't see how one could try and enforce their numbers because really, they are not queuing :wink2: Queuing means sitting or standing in the same spot or area, at the door or wherever you are in file in order, and only leaving very seldomly for very basic things like going to the toilet or getting some food, immediately returning to your place in the queue. Anything else is just taking the piss, and taking advantage of the situation, really.

I don't want to get anyone upset, but come on, if you're sitting at a cafe 'near' the venue most part of the day then you're not queuing up and you cannot try and exercise any moral right to a particular 'number' in the queue.

*disclaimer* If this was not the case and nobody did actually do this, my sincere apologies for this post :thumb_yello: *disclaimer*

In this case it was a bit different, because the cafe was at the gate, both sides. The queue was literally in the middle of the cafe.

I went there after 11 and was number 61, I think. But in the end people just went in and most people didn't have any number. I think the only problem was that people were put between/behind the barriers and there was only one security guy letting people out and he was not enough to control the situation. People were not especially rude or pushy, there were just too many people in a too small area (because there was a cafe area both side of the gate and not enough space).

In this case it was a bit different, because the cafe was at the gate, both sides. The queue was literally in the middle of the cafe.

I went there after 11 and was number 61, I think. But in the end people just went in and most people didn't have any number. I think the only problem was that people were put between/behind the barriers and there was only one security guy letting people out and he was not enough to control the situation. People were not especially rude or pushy, there were just too many people in a too small area (because there was a cafe area both side of the gate and not enough space).

Aaah, I see, thanks for clarifying :thumb_yello: I got a different idea going by the posts so I was a bit confused .

Oh my, I'm in the video! Two times! I can't belive I did this, usually I'm too shy to let someone take a pic of me :aah:

And btw, I remembered that Mika improvised some lyrics before one of the songs, but unfortunately I can't remember which one it was :doh: i hope someone filmed it, because it was really funny

Could it be Stuck in the middle?

Aaah, I see, thanks for clarifying :thumb_yello: I got a different idea going by the posts so I was a bit confused .

Yes, the venue (castle) was next to a plaza (?) with several cafes, and one of those cafes was exactly at the gate. So it didn't feel wrong to sit in a cafe eating ice cream :naughty: Numbers were useless, I was expecting it so it wasn't a surprise but I think security should have controlled the situation better, because there were dangerous stairs to the venue and really not much space at the gate at all (and someone could have get hurt).

VIMEO

3299276_75.jpg uploaded

XL a 10 Giorni Suonati - Mika, "Relax" ("Take It Easy")

XL a 10 Giorni Suonati - Mika, "Lollipop"

XL 10 Giorni Suonati - Mika, "Love Today"

[YOUTUBE]N6Bo7-IKrfk[/YOUTUBE]

AHAHAHAHA I can see myself three times in this video! :D When we say "Ciao Mika!", when we say "Mika we love you!" and when we had the glowstick hearts! :teehee:

I'm so glad for you both girls :hug: seems like you had the time of your life :swoon:

Hey Carmen! :huglove: Yes it's really been fantastic, I was like "Oh my God, I'm in a dream!" especially when Mika looks at people and I had the feeling of his eyes in mine! :swoon:

I'm uploading a few videos on my YT channel, there are some good ones, and a lot of talking

Introduction to BB

Beginning of Lollipop

Talking + Band introduction + Happy Ending

Talking + SITM

Talking + Lola

Underwater

Elle me dit

Celebrate

Beginning of Love Today

Beginning of show + Big Girl

BIOTG http://youtu.be/J1qgvK2Ru_I

That's all :original:

Edited by mari62
adding links

Yes, the venue (castle) was next to a plaza (?) with several cafes, and one of those cafes was exactly at the gate. So it didn't feel wrong to sit in a cafe eating ice cream :naughty: Numbers were useless, I was expecting it so it wasn't a surprise but I think security should have controlled the situation better, because there were dangerous stairs to the venue and really not much space at the gate at all (and someone could have get hurt).

Plus it was forbitten to queue in front of the gate so cafes were the nearest place to the venue.

In the end the queue went all wrong cause the security didnt care about numbers at all even if we insisted a lot, some people were rude (we had to argue with more than one during all day) and when the queue with barriers started we were too pushed together to be able to order by numbers and move. The situation was a bit scary..

Anyway, the show was amazing, Mika was really playful and chatty..mostly about mosquitos and mothers :teehee:

The setlist was the same of Vienne but I had the sensation (like in Codroipo) that he was in hurry during the gig and also in the M&G.

Hi, :bye:

for now I put only this pics, are the m & g with I and my daughters have had with Mika after the show....this evening I will share other pics and videos, but for report I don't can write in english for now, only in italian, I will try someone help me to translate because I have to recount something to very good for me and for my daughetrs, especially for my youngest daughter Elisabetta :wub2:

Vigevano24luglio2012102.jpg

Vigevano24luglio2012103.jpg

This is what Mika has written for me

img091.jpg

and this for Elisabetta

img092.jpg

"Elisabetha you seem so well: its a plasure to see you again. be brave, always.

Love and respect

Mika x" :wub2:

Oh, Maurizia! Sei una stella! Sono molto felice per te! Anche le tue figlie!

Mika knows how to make you feel special, doesn't he? :wub2:

I met Sabine and Graciosa on sunday in Stuttgart where we stayed the night monday. Had a great beginning of our trip to Milan/Vigevano with Aperol and wine :gathering::cheers: Around 4:30am we left our hotel as our flight started from Stuttgart at 7am. On the airport Malpensa we met Faballa, who landed a few minutes before us. We drove to Milan, did some sightseeing and drove to Vigevano by bus. It was quite challenging cause 98% busdriver don´t speak english. Anyway we get there safe and sound. Checked in into our hotel which was a 10minutes walk away from the venue. We walked through the streets and ended up at the Piazza Ducale were we spent the rest of Monday. Was quite funny because we were able to watch the James Morrison fans how they were queuing. About 50 people at 6pm. Not comparable to Mika fans obviously. :fisch:

We met Cassilda, her daughter and two friends of them and later Treasa and Sharon and had some drinks.

THE DAY started early. We arrived at the venue around 8am. There was a list which was started by italian fans. Got number 27…but in the end it didn´t matter. We sat in a café as the entrance was directly besides those little cafés. The shop owners moaned when we queued in front of the gate so no one could walk through and buy in their shops. :protest: That was the reason Piazza Ducale was sponsored by Mika fans on Tuesday 24th July! The security was more than bad. It was anything but definetely not secure. Don´t know where they got their name from.

First I got a place in second row on Max´/Felix´side. Kanni´s boyfriend gave me his front row place. It was so kind of him!! The support act Ultimo was a great rock band. I liked their music even I didn´t understand the lyrics as they were in italian :band:

Mika started his show with BG. Can´t tell you the right order and all songs he sang. Can remember of SITM where he mentioned his grandmama (he´s soooo cute), Relax, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending, Celebrate, Underwater, Lola, TOOL, Elle Me Dit, Love Today, BIOTG and We Are Golden. He was in a such good mood. He spoke italian and laughed a lot! And he told us that he´s running out of time with his column for XL Repubblica AGAIN and he didn´t know a topic yet.

After the gig we stayed inside the venue for about 15 minutes. Faballa finally got the chance to find Felix in the middle of people and got her personalized autograph on her drumstick. I´m so happy for her! :hug:

The security closed the venue and we had to leave the inside of the castle. We waited for 1 ½ hours til Mika came out. He was chatting with people and was very kind…as always. He told Rose that he crashed his car and has now a bigger one (half of the story is on my video of the M&G).

We came back to our hotel at 3am and I´m coverd with at least 74 mosquito bites….Things we do for Mika :pinkbow:

I had a great time, thank you all for making my trip unforgettable. Especially Sabine, Renate and Mika (of course) :group_hug:

Hi, :bye:

for now I put only this pics, are the m & g with I and my daughters have had with Mika after the show....this evening I will share other pics and videos, but for report I don't can write in english for now, only in italian, I will try someone help me to translate because I have to recount something to very good for me and for my daughetrs, especially for my youngest daughter Elisabetta :wub2:

Vigevano24luglio2012102.jpg

Vigevano24luglio2012103.jpg

This is what Mika has written for me

img091.jpg

and this for Elisabetta

img092.jpg

"Elisabetha you seem so well: its a plasure to see you again. be brave, always.

Love and respect

Mika x" :wub2:

thats so sweet:wub2:

so happy for you and your daughters!! thanks for posting Maurizia!!

the first of my videos has finished uploading, it's where he talks about needing a topic for his xl column and the intro for SITM where he sings about his grandmother... so funny, lol! :lmao:

[YOUTUBE]C-f9r4eIwP0[/YOUTUBE]