2012 - Vigevano Italy - July 24 - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Oh,and I wanted to say about the new band:they are great live :thumb_yello: Only in Vigevano I noticed how good voice has Tim,because I stayed in front of him :wink2: And my fav is Curtis,he is a treasure and I think Mika knows very well what he is doing regarding his band.

better late than never, i'll write a report about things i haven't seen mentioned here yet. ;-)

No Karen, but the final performance, he said, of Elle Me Dit.

final performance for this summer. though i have to say i find it weird that he doesn't plan to do it in belgium, or in canada... but maybe he'll play the other new french songs there instead, who knows? :dunno:

Numbers were useless, I was expecting it so it wasn't a surprise but I think security should have controlled the situation better, because there were dangerous stairs to the venue and really not much space at the gate at all (and someone could have get hurt).

oh yes, don't get me started on those "security" people! xD working for a concert security company myself, i can tell you that if a security company in munich worked like that, they'd never get booked for another event again! i didn't expect the numbers to work either, but that tiny barrier that nearly got pushed over by the people wanting to enter, with just one security guy there who was unable to do anything, and other people just walking in the entrance from the sides, and then those stairs... it probably would've worked better with no security there at all! :sneaky2:

@Mellody: I'll watch my videos today, I'll tell you if I find those moments :thumb_yello

EDIT: no, I haven't seen them :no

thanks for looking anyway. ;-)

the rose thing was really funny, some fans had thrown roses on stage and they didn't look exactly fresh anymore, with their heads hanging. mika had one in his hand, stressing with his gestures how sad the rose looked, and then banging its head around til it fell off. :lmfao:

like rose had said, he was making a lot of jokes, most of them you can see in my videos, or in marina's (for example the funny band introduction, where he said the band will start tomorrow and that max looks like harry potter... marina's video has a better sound there!). for example he also said that the soundcheck in that castle got him in a christmas mood, so he was doing christmas carols for the soundcheck, LOL! he then said merry christmas in italian... as if any of the italians who don't speak english would get what he said if he just wishes them merry christmas out of the blue! they must think he was mad! :lmao:

with help from a lot of MFCers in the queue (rose, treasa, dutch annie, tina, meggy, graciosa, and more... thank you all, girls!! :wub2:) we managed to build 100-200 of those glowing hearts and give them to those who were queuing before the doors opened. actually people queued at our café table to get them as soon as we finished another one! :lmfao: it was basically just the first 3-4 rows who had the hearts, and a few more further back, but anyway it looked fab during happy ending! :wub2: some people had thrown their hearts on stage already earlier, and i don't know who put it there, but max had one sticking in his (vocoder?) desk thingie for about half of the gig. after happy ending, some more threw theirs on stage, and mika waved around with one of them, i think at the beginning of celebrate.

btw, sorry i think i forgot one of you who had wanted the heart-shaped glasses... was too busy with all the other stuff! :doh:

one thing which i hadn't seen at any of the gigs before was that for TOOL there was black and white confetti shot in the crowd. it wasn't blown like the yellow one for WAG, but shot with one "bang!". i loved how all the confetti looked on the floor, the black and the yellow together reminded me of the munich city colours. :teehee:

after the show there was a huge crowd gathered inside of the venue at the barriers behind which the cars were parked. luckily security did something useful this evening too and sent everyone outside (probably just because they wanted to go home :naughty:), which resulted in most of this crowd leaving so there was mostly MFCers left in the end when mika came out at ca. 1:30am. it was a bit hard to form and keep a queue because it was a crossing of 2 small streets and there was indeed some traffic at that time! but for that, it was all quite organized, although there was no one to tell people to stand in line. i kept in the back, took 2-3 pictures and filmed a bit, at least the light was good there. :biggrin2: and of course i was all hibbeling :excite: when he said in the end that he'd see some of us tomorrow, as until that point i still wasn't sure whether he'd be at the album pre-listening.

Edited by mellody

my videos are up:

talk before BIOTG:

billy brown intro:

talk & lola:

talk & funny SITM intro:

talk about mosquito repellant:

funny band introduction:

love today shooting:

we are golden (sorry i danced too much...):

talk before TOOL:

video from the m+g:

i have a few other bits & pieces, for example of the hearts held up during happy ending, but i guess i'll only upload that if no one uploads a better version. :wink2:

thanks for the videos Karin!

The love today shooting is one of the most hilarious moments ever! :lmfao:

thanks for the videos Karin!

The love today shooting is one of the most hilarious moments ever! :lmfao:

yeah, love it! and it seems felix is starting to take jimmy's part, by fooling around whenever he can. :naughty: in luzern he spilled his water bottle (on purpose) when mika shot him, which made mika crack up. :lmfao: and in vigevano he shot himself. LOL! i gotta say, felix is my fave of the new band members, wouldn't mind if mika kept him for a while. :teehee:

This is so sweet Mauri :)

I'm so happy for Betta! She and Mika have a special connection and he's so sweet with her!

(se hai bisogno di una mano per il report chiedimi pure!)

Thank you very much Sara...grazie :thumb_yello:

What a great day!

The weather, company, food and drinks were perfect!:wink2:

Mika wasn't bad either! :fisch:

It was the frist PROPER gig for me as LOVEBOX was so short and sweet.

I loved having a whole show experience!

We did our bits with hearts - thanks to all those who made them!

Lovely to meet new people as always - especially our friend form Poland Magdalena :wink2:

Mika was in great voice, spirit and humour - most has been said, HarryPotter, new band etc

I'm still warming to the new band - slowly - still miss iMMa and Cherisse and David especially:blink:

I loved my first trip to Italy and everyone was so helpful and friendly :italia:

There was a long but worthwhile wait to see Mika at the end - in fact this is part of the day - the long time spent post gig on a pavement! :aah:

- next stop London where he told us to be on fire! :das::uk:

Here is my little report. I´m late because RL was catching me the minute I arrived at home and then my brain and my heart is so full of thoughts and feelings after these wonderful days.

As Hasi told you she, Graciosa and I met on late Sunday afternoon/ evening in Stuttgart and spent a really nice evening eating and drinking in a nice restaurent. Monday morning we flew to Milan went to the central station by bus ( which was terrible because of the traffic) and then went to the Dome and lokked at the shopping center. At noon we decided to go to Vigevano by the bus at 2.20 pm and arrived at Vigevano around 4.00 pm. After the check in to the hotel we went to the Piazza Ducale to see the place. As we were hungry we sat into one of the restaurents opposite of the entrance of the venue and watched the queue for James Morrison, there were around 50 people when the door opened :teehee:

We sat there and Cassilda, her daughter and two friends arrived and a but later Sharon and Treasa also arrived at the Piazza. We spent the evening together and it was so amazing to have time to talk without any pressure.

The next morning we went to the Piazza around 8.00 am, got numbers, went into the venue to have a look at the stage and the area and then sat into a cafe beside the entrance and then we built lots of hearts for the evening and we met other MFC ´iers which I enjoyed very much. Early afternoon we got sent away because the owners of the shops around the entrance moaned about the people who were queueing there. So we went to have lunch and all the German speaking MFC íers found a nice place to have Pizza

P1000383.jpg

Around 4.00 pm we went back to the entrance and you already could read what happened then. After we got our places in front of the stage we had a lot of time to wait and look around until the support act came on. For me the band Ultima was fun and I was fascinated of the keyboarder :floor:, I´m still wondering which drugs he was on :floor:

Then Mika came on stage and it was simply wonderful, wonderful, wonderful..... He was great and I really loved the whole show. I took a few vids, not many because I wanted to enjoy the show dancing and singing but I think I have Underwater and TOOL complete and EMD, SITM and BB partly.

I will write the links later because I don´t list the videos.

After the gig we waited for Mika and when he came out I could tell him a few sentences.

I´m still over the moon and find it really hard to go back to normal life. Most of the time I have a stupid grin in my face....

Lovely picture Sabine!

Thanks for your report - I have just caught up with all the reports. I haven't done one - haven't had time - but can't really add anything now that hasn't already been said.

I always enjoy seeing Mika in Italy. This was a great gig - I love outdoor gigs.

It was lovely to see Mika so relaxed again afterwards. It was a long wait - but very worthwhile when we just saw him strolling up to where we were waiting. :mikalove:

Here is my little report. I´m late because RL was catching me the minute I arrived at home and then my brain and my heart is so full of thoughts and feelings after these wonderful days.

As Hasi told you she, Graciosa and I met on late Sunday afternoon/ evening in Stuttgart and spent a really nice evening eating and drinking in a nice restaurent. Monday morning we flew to Milan went to the central station by bus ( which was terrible because of the traffic) and then went to the Dome and lokked at the shopping center. At noon we decided to go to Vigevano by the bus at 2.20 pm and arrived at Vigevano around 4.00 pm. After the check in to the hotel we went to the Piazza Ducale to see the place. As we were hungry we sat into one of the restaurents opposite of the entrance of the venue and watched the queue for James Morrison, there were around 50 people when the door opened :teehee:

We sat there and Cassilda, her daughter and two friends arrived and a but later Sharon and Treasa also arrived at the Piazza. We spent the evening together and it was so amazing to have time to talk without any pressure.

The next morning we went to the Piazza around 8.00 am, got numbers, went into the venue to have a look at the stage and the area and then sat into a cafe beside the entrance and then we built lots of hearts for the evening and we met other MFC ´iers which I enjoyed very much. Early afternoon we got sent away because the owners of the shops around the entrance moaned about the people who were queueing there. So we went to have lunch and all the German speaking MFC íers found a nice place to have Pizza

P1000383.jpg

Around 4.00 pm we went back to the entrance and you already could read what happened then. After we got our places in front of the stage we had a lot of time to wait and look around until the support act came on. For me the band Ultima was fun and I was fascinated of the keyboarder :floor:, I´m still wondering which drugs he was on :floor:

Then Mika came on stage and it was simply wonderful, wonderful, wonderful..... He was great and I really loved the whole show. I took a few vids, not many because I wanted to enjoy the show dancing and singing but I think I have Underwater and TOOL complete and EMD, SITM and BB partly.

I will write the links later because I don´t list the videos.

After the gig we waited for Mika and when he came out I could tell him a few sentences.

I´m still over the moon and find it really hard to go back to normal life. Most of the time I have a stupid grin in my face....

awwww I love the pic!!:wink2:

My very late report

We (my daughter, her friend, friend's mother and I) left home on monday at about 9am, arrived in Vigevano at about 5pm. It was an exhausting drive, as I never drove such a distance on my own before. And I never drove on a motorway with such heavy traffic :naughty:

We went to the Piazza Ducale, where we met Sabine, Faballa, Graciosa, Hasi and later Treasa and Buttons.

Unfortunatelly our hotel was a little outside, so we had to go about 3 km in one direction.

On tuesday we were on the piazza at about 10am. We got numbers (46-49) and met the girls from the day before. We made some heart-thingies, at least I tried to make some, but I'm absolutely without any talent...:teehee:

At about noon we made a queue on appro (I hope this is the right term?), then we were told to be at the queue at about 4pm.

So a group of us went to eat something.

When we came back it was obvious that the queue won’t work (again. Like in Compiègne. :sneaky2: ), so we started to get more into the front, which probably wasn’t nice, but I was kind of angry about those without numbers and higher numbers than ours before us…

While waiting I chatted a little bit with some other people, in Italian (without really being able to speak it :teehee: ), but it was fun. There we met WeAreGolden, or was it WeAreStrong? The Italian girl, not the Greek one :teehee:

When the security started to let us in, there was quite the same pushing as in Compiègne. This was quite rough and I hated it.

But we got places in the second and third row, which was ok.

The waiting was very long. For me, as an oldling, maybe. Feet hurt, back hurt and I was so glad when the support act started.

They weren’t bad, they were vivaciously and they didn’t play very long, so time passed a little faster and then, finally, at about 10pm, Mika’s band entered the stage…

I don’t know why, but the girl in front of me left her place suddenly and so I was in the second row…I was so glad :biggrin2:

Won’t talk about the gig itself, because everything has been said already :thumb_yello:

I really, really loved this gig, I think Mika was on fire, he was funny and made jokes (as already told before), I had “my” eye contact moment (well, I imagine it was :teehee: in reality it wasn’t probably) and I wanted the gig to end never again…

But it did. :sneaky2:

After the gig we had to leave the venue and started waiting outside the castle on the streets.

Time passed quickly and finally Mika came. I got my “Hibbeling”-shirt signed, my daughter and her friend their tickets, so we were all happy :wub2:

Then it was time to say goodbye and we left and went back to the hotel (remember? 3 km :teehee: )

Next day we left Vigevano at about 10:30 and arrived at home at about 5pm.

It was a very special gig for me, as I had a lot of “first times”.

First time I drove such a distance with so much traffic, first time near the stage, first eye contact moment (I know, let me keep dreaming :teehee: ), first signature, first time I started to speak in English…

It was worth everything, all that driving, waiting, hurting.

Edited by Cassilda

Wow, thank you all for your great reports! :mikalove:

There we met WeAreGolden, or was it WeAreStrong? The Italian girl, not the Greek one :teehee:

Yeah it was me! :D Oh I've been glad to meet you! I remember we talked about the (bad) organisation, ain't it? :blush-anim-cl:

Cassilda, I really really love your report and all the feelings coming through your words. You're great, you know??! :thumb_yello:

:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

Wow, thank you all for your great reports! :mikalove:

Yeah it was me! :D Oh I've been glad to meet you! I remember we talked about the (bad) organisation, ain't it? :blush-anim-cl:

Kind of, I think :teehee:

Was nice to meet you!

Thank you everyone for reports, pics, videos, I've been enjoying them all! :wub2:

Here's my report:

I think it's the most beautiful venue I've ever been to- the whole place is stunning - the waiting was really pleasant and relaxing both outside and inside, despite the heat and humidity, which killed me :aah:

While I was at the box office, a woman came and buy another ticket, as she had lost hers. Since one had been found, they asked her for the code, she showed his son's ticket, and said her code must have been one number less or more than his son's. So they deduced it was her ticket: she had been very lucky coz someone had found and given it to them. They said that night's audience was special :wub2:

Mika played from 10:20 till about 11:45 so it was a long night. The venue was not filled up, but it was a huge grass lawn.

I didn't wait for him afterwards, I was exhausted and the day after I would have had the listening session.

The show was great, he was very happy to be there, he clearly loves Italy, he was chatty and spoke much more Italian than in the past.

He was energetic and funny and the audience responded very well.

Don't miss the talking, the introduction to the songs and the beginning of SITM and BB, there are many lovely and amusing moments.

I'm not fond of the band shooting during LT, but this time it was really hilarious! And he made everyone jump! LOL (see Mellody's video)

Towards the end of the gig, I got nearer to the stage and enjoyed the last songs from there; the one I loved most was The Origin of Love, which I was looking forward to.

All new songs sound impressive live and I love the new arrangements of the old ones, especially of Lollipop.

At one point he hinted at someone, and when the machine let the confetti off, its shot frightened me for a second coz I was near to it :D It was nice being under that shower.

In spite of his amazing performance, I don't know why - maybe because I was worn out - I didn't 'feel' this gig like the one in Nice a week before; I had fun, sang, danced, waved, clapped and was in good company, just didn't feel involved/connected from an emotional point of view. If I hadn't attended the show in Nice, I would have said, that the Mika magic was gone.

But of course I was happy to be there, Mika gigs are always worth it, both for the show and the company, which this time was mostly composed of mosquitos :aah: : they were everywhere, you could breath mosquitos and mosquito repellent, there was no air left :lmfao:

I had never seen so many before! Forgot about them during the show though :D

Edited by mari62

A big thanks for all the reports. Here comes my little report.

Mellody , Mariposa and me arrived in the early morining from Switzerland. At first I went to the Hotel to check in and meet the other fans from Germany. After breakfast we went to Plaza Ducale and meet other fans and sat in the Cafe. The sun was shining and the weather was lovely. I went back to the hotel for an hour and sleep a bit. Then we meet all at a Ristaurante and eat pizza. Time flies by and it was time to go to the venue. The situation there wasnt good and so I decited dont try to get to the front row. Rose, Buttons, Threasa , Dutch Annie and me made many heart glowsticks and gave them to the ausdience. Then it was time to get in, thanks to the girls who reserved me a place on an bench.

From there we could see the whole show!!! I was very happy to see MIka again. It was a lovely summer night (with tons of mosquitos ;-) in a nice venue in Italy. :thumb_yello:

P1030414.jpg

P1030434.jpg

After the concert it takes a little time until Mika comes. But I decited to wait in the Background, because I have seen him one day before. It was lovely to see him with his fans.

I had a nice , relaxed day in Vigevano. "Hello" to everyone I have meet there! Was nice to see you all.

Edited by Tina78

thanks everyone for all the reports, pics and vids:flowers2:

love how he tells the story of SITM singing at the beginning of the song!!!:wub2:

I'm writing a column about the listening session and gig in Vigevano for a mag so, as soon as it will be published, i'll put it here :wink2:

how cool, looking forward to reading it.

and finally this my late report :original:thank so much to Sarina for translation :huglove:

Me and my daughters arrived at te venue quite late cause we had seated places. After we greeted the people we know that we didnt see in 2 years, we got close to our seats where there was another MFCers called Miquette, which I didnt know in person until that day.

The gig began, the band started to play and then MIKA finally showed!!!! Big Girl first, then Relax and I was all occupied to take pictures and made videos when my daughter Eleonora told me that Mika's mother was arrived. She passed by and she went inside the sound controller tower, I went there to say hi to her, we shook hands and I asked her about Paloma, then she turned and she said hi to my daughters, I sat again and I enjoyed the show till the end even if sometimes I watched Ms. Penniman that still very close to us inside the sound controller tower all the time, dancing and singing in a happy mood.

Immediately after Mika had finished to sing the last song, his mother came near us, she said hi again and shook again our hands asking how we felt and then she said something I didnt understand till when she said the magic words "pass" and "backstage" (that I immediately understood) and then I began to feel nervous. I said to my daughters "She'll bring us to Mika". We were all excited and confused! Eleonora took Elisabetta's hand to help her to go down the stairs and Ms. Penniman took her other hand to help her too. Miquette asked if she could join too and she replied yes. Excited as I was I think I said to Ms Penniman "I love you" and Elisabetta thinks she said something similar too. Then Ms Penniman started to walk fast in the middle of the crowd while she assured we were able to follow her till we arrived in front of some barries where there were some security guys. She told them to let us in and we were in the backstage...she told us to wait and to sit down to rest and then she went away. A kind girl offered us some water and we got more excited every second.

Elisabetta was shacking while her sister Eleonora couldn't stay still, her hands were shacking too and she wanted to smoke (fortunately wasn't allowed). After a little bit we saw Ms Penniman came back with her hands full of beverage like cola, sprite, orange and she asked us which one we preferred. She was so kind that we felt like home and not in a backstage of an international pop star...we continued to chat to try to calm down a bit.

Then he arrived, MIKA! He arrived with wet hair perfectly combed, a white shirt and a pair of jeans, he came toward me and I showed my hand to shake his hand asking him in italian "how are you?" instead he surprised me cause he hug me embracing me with his long arms (and is not easy cause of my weight) and he hug me hard leaning his face on mine, a long hug, the one you make to a friend you dont see since long time. Then he went near my daughters, he hug them and kissed them on the cheeks, really like an old friend you missed..he said we were changed since the last time, that the girl grew up expecially Elisabetta and, if I understand right, he noticed her hair was different...I told him I was wearing glasses and then I dont remember why we started to talk about my birthday (few days ahead) and that I would be 55 yo. From my facial expression he understood I wasn't very happy, he laughed and he asked me if it was "good" or "bad" and I told him disconsolate "bad" and instead he told me that it was "good" cause I was in a good shape and it was a good thing..I told him that he had some credits for that cause he made me feel younger and I told him that the only one who wasn't happy was my husband cause he usually spends so much to pay our trips to the gigs...the atmosphere was really serene and almost friendly but while he was speaking with us his glance was toward Elisabetta that still sat on her chair very excited...

Eleonora finally remembered to show him her tattoes, the one she has in the back of her neck which is a lollipop girl (she waited 4 years to show it to Mika but she always forgot) and the new one on her foot which has flowers and the "we are golden" phrase (one tattoo for each album). Mika watched them then my daughter asked him to give her an idea for a new draw about the next album. He said no, he couldnt, he said the last album is really "cerebral", complicated (and in the mid time he was waving hands around his head) and that he needed to listen to it very much, to absorbe it before take decisions then he turned to Miquette to ask her to translate (the funny thing is that I spoke in italian and he spoke in english but he understands italian better than I've imagined). Finally his interest was all about Elisabetta and he asked me if she was completely blind or if she was able to see something...I replied that she can see only shadows, then he asked me if she was born like that or she became blind..I replied she was born completely normal but when she was 10 we discovered se had a degenerative genetic illness we didnt know to have and is called "Retinitis pigmentosa" I said that unfortunately there's no cure for it. He seemed very interested and he add few comments like he knew about this thing. He asked if she had any memory about what she saw during her childhood, I replied that yes, she remembers everything and she is a strong girl, she goes to the university, she's studing psychology and she's doing right...I dont know if I understood it well but he said that today those people are able to do normal things like us and then he said to Elisabetta that he was sure she was strong and she had to be even more, that was clear she was ok, that she was more beautiful...Miquette who was seated next to her was holding her hand cause she was shacking for this big emotion.

Then was autographs' time..my daughters had 2 copies of Elle Me Dit single, to Eleonora he wrote a message regarding her tattoes (I dont remember what he wrote), to Elisabetta instead he wrote a dedication with a normal pen, he pushed very hard to make her able to read the words touching the lines with her fingers (he did the same in Codroipo on 2010) and he wrote

“ Elisabetha you seem so well. Its a pleasure to see you again. Be brave, always. Love and respect Mika X”

Edited by clara85