2012 Heaven, London UK - July 26 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

I'm just going to wait patiently for someone to upload a video of TOOl

*twiddles thumbs*

Me too...it was fantastic! I loved it for so many reasons, but especially that he completely opened up and said what this song was about

Really knackered but quickly, It was fantastic. Really great. And he could have not been any more explicit. Went on about how this song was about himself,his story,the church,being proud of who he is even if he is in love with...a man. He even made a little pause for effect there. Then he said that this song is his statement. And dedicated to the man he loves.

So yeah,pretty darn clear. It must be on video. Anyway,it reminded me of the old Mika and I really enjoyed it. Small place,relaxed vibe and no gimmicks. Will post more tomorrow

Me too...it was fantastic! I loved it for so many reasons, but especially that he completely opened up and said what this song was about

Really knackered but quickly, It was fantastic. Really great. And he could have not been any more explicit. Went on about how this song was about himself,his story,the church,being proud of who he is even if he is in love with...a man. He even made a little pause for effect there. Then he said that this song is his statement. And dedicated to the man he loves.

So yeah,pretty darn clear. It must be on video. Anyway,it reminded me of the old Mika and I really enjoyed it. Small place,relaxed vibe and no gimmicks. Will post more tomorrow

Thank you Sara :wub2:

And he could have not been any more explicit. Went on about how this song was about himself,his story,the church,being proud of who he is even if he is in love with...a man. He even made a little pause for effect there. Then he said that this song is his statement. And dedicated to the man he loves.

Funny I was just saying yesterday that this song sounds like it's about gay love and the person I was talking to didn't believe me. :fisch:

I got all of it on film and it was quite touching.

He clearly said "my man" or something like that, I'm going to the airport now and vids will be up, tool first of course for obvious reasons, tomorrow :)

First time I got to talk to Mika, was really nice:wub2:

Will write a full review of this awesome gig soon!

Sounds like a very special gig in a special place that meant a lot to Mika :fangurl:

It make me really happy to hear that he dedicated the song to the man he loves. I hope the man might have been there at the gig to hear such an amazing and loving statement

:mikalove:

...but at least MFC will post the video of TOOL and he will get to see the moment on video...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :wub2:

He clearly said "my man" or something like that, I'm going to the airport now and vids will be up, tool first of course for obvious reasons, tomorrow :)

ohh lovely night :wub2:

I can't wait to see the video TOOL, I love this song :mikalove:

Thanks Sara and Lara for brief report and videos soon :flowers2:

Thanks Nena for found pics :thumb_yello:

He couldn't have done it better, it seems... :thumb_yello:

It's like he had it all planned since ever, just waiting to be thrown at us all. :naughty::wub2:

Thank you girls! :wub2:

Went on about how this song was about himself,his story,the church,being proud of who he is even if he is in love with...a man. He even made a little pause for effect there. Then he said that this song is his statement. And dedicated to the man he loves.

Been like this: :mikalove: since I have read Jemma's tweet last night. :wub2:

I am so proud and happy.

Edit: Looking forward to read more reviews of this gig when I'm back home from work tonight...

Thanks for the report Sara!

I love to hear that Mika opened up finally cause this means is really happy with the person he loves...happy enough to say things he didn't say clearly in 5 years. The whole thing seems so touching :) Can't wait to see the video!

And, bravo Mika, be who you are...it's the right thing to do to be happy and loved :mikalove:

Been like this: :mikalove: since I have read Jemma's tweet last night. :wub2:

I am so proud and happy.

Edit: Looking forward to read more reviews of this gig when I'm back home from work tonight...

My feelings exactly. I'm reading tweets from my phone, can't wait to be home and see the vids and reports. So happy and proud of him!! :wub2: Makes me love TOOL even more. Thanks everyone for your early reports!

Edited by tiibet

I just feel so emotional :blush-anim-cl:

No more stupid questions by interviewers, a new life in the open and a brilliant future to look at with his partner.

I hope he can save some privacy though :wink2:, we fans can be so intruding :sneaky2:

Be happy MIka! :wub2:

Can`t wait!Glad you all had such a great time and sooo happy for Mika.Well done:thumb_yello:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/mika-locked-himself-in-bathroom-ahead-of-show_1375503

Mika - Mika Locked Himself In Bathroom Ahead Of Show

27 July 2012 10

Mika was so nervous of performing he hid in his bathroom ahead of his UK comeback show last night (26.07.12).

Mika was so nervous he hid in his bathroom ahead of his UK comeback show last night (26.07.12).

The 'Grace Kelly' hitmaker played his first solo show for over two years at London's sold out Heaven venue, but freaked out shortly before the band were due onstage.

He told the crowd: ''Were a little late on tonight, because I was supposed to do a radio interview, but I got so nervous I locked myself in my own bathroom. I was going to make an inappropriate joke here, but I won't - essentially, in the end I just peed and got on with it.''

The singer opened his set with 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' before launching into a string of hits from his two albums including 'Lollipop', 'Love Today' and recent new single 'Celebrate'.

Introducing 'Blame it on the Girls' he told the crowd: ''Coming from a large lebanese family, with lots of brothers and sisters, this ones dedicated to the 14 women in my family.''

Mika's family were hit by tragedy last year when his sister, Paloma Penniman, was impaled through her legs and abdomen after falling 15 metres from a ledge. She has since made good progress in her recovery, and her brother even made a jokey reference to her accident during his performance, saying: ''Now everybody who can - and this excludes my sister Paloma - start stomping their legs.''

The singer - who last appeared in England at Lovebox festival earlier in the summer - ended the main part of the show with 'We Are Golden' - which saw the audience showered in ticker tape - and 'Grace Kelly', before returning for an encore of new song 'The Origin of Love'.

Mika explained the very personal song was written after suffering a period of writer's block.

He said: ''This song talks about my life, the church and falling in love and being happy with whoever you fall in love with, so in a way this is my freedom statement, so I thank you.''

Mika's third album 'The Origin of Love' will be released on September 16.

thanks Dani56 :wink2:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/mika-locked-himself-in-bathroom-ahead-of-show_1375503

Mika - Mika Locked Himself In Bathroom Ahead Of Show

27 July 2012 10

Mika was so nervous of performing he hid in his bathroom ahead of his UK comeback show last night (26.07.12).

Mika was so nervous he hid in his bathroom ahead of his UK comeback show last night (26.07.12).

The 'Grace Kelly' hitmaker played his first solo show for over two years at London's sold out Heaven venue, but freaked out shortly before the band were due onstage.

He told the crowd: ''Were a little late on tonight, because I was supposed to do a radio interview, but I got so nervous I locked myself in my own bathroom. I was going to make an inappropriate joke here, but I won't - essentially, in the end I just peed and got on with it.''

The singer opened his set with 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' before launching into a string of hits from his two albums including 'Lollipop', 'Love Today' and recent new single 'Celebrate'.

Introducing 'Blame it on the Girls' he told the crowd: ''Coming from a large lebanese family, with lots of brothers and sisters, this ones dedicated to the 14 women in my family.''

Mika's family were hit by tragedy last year when his sister, Paloma Penniman, was impaled through her legs and abdomen after falling 15 metres from a ledge. She has since made good progress in her recovery, and her brother even made a jokey reference to her accident during his performance, saying: ''Now everybody who can - and this excludes my sister Paloma - start stomping their legs.''

The singer - who last appeared in England at Lovebox festival earlier in the summer - ended the main part of the show with 'We Are Golden' - which saw the audience showered in ticker tape - and 'Grace Kelly', before returning for an encore of new song 'The Origin of Love'.

Mika explained the very personal song was written after suffering a period of writer's block.

He said: ''This song talks about my life, the church and falling in love and being happy with whoever you fall in love with, so in a way this is my freedom statement, so I thank you.''

Mika's third album 'The Origin of Love' will be released on September 16.

thanks Dani56 :wink2:

thank you :huglove:

it's funny :teehee: sounds like he was under pressure last night :aah::mf_rosetinted:

Edited by boom_kimool_boom

I will post my videos, report and pictures soon! :thumb_yello: It was also the first gig that I talked to Mika, but I forgot to take pictures of that! :aah: But I took videos of Make You Happy, TOOL, Underwater, Lola and We Are Golden.

Edited by iliveforglitter

I had mixed feelings about this show :huh:

I enjoyed meeting MFCers :thumb_yello:

Mika was excellent and in good voice:thumb_yello:.....when i could hear him :aah:

And that was the big problem for me - particularly the last half hour, the volume went up and the band drowned him out a lot of the time :sad: There seemed to be tuning problems (with the bass I think?) which, with the volume and vibration just made it all unlistenable. I wanted them to shut up, and to just have Mika at the piano :sad:

Quite liked the new songs- preferred Underwatter to TOOL, maybe because of the racket the band made in the latter. :aah:

Nice to see him with the fans afterwards - although I stood back becasue there was no organisation and it was a bit of a scrum. Nice to see all the family there too :thumb_yello: