I can't believe that no one has created a thread before dedicated one of the best actors of all time:

Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch

benedictcumberbatch__120105090529.jpg

He deserves a thread and we need one to fangurl in! :fangurl:

And to people out there who don't know who Benedict is: Shame on you! yes I mean it :mf_rosetinted:

He plays Sherlock in BBC's brilliant TV series Sherlock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4foH4HCzKA

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26769

he has played Frankenstein and Frankenstein's creation on the National London theater

and I could go on forever, or you could just read the wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Cumberbatch

Let the fangurling begin!

And oh I forgot, there also exist a Benedict Cumberbatch forum

http://www.cumberbatchforum.co.uk/index.php?sid=1c88a2dd67d425b8256876866fe452f7

And an unofficial site that is really good

http://benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/

The Cumberbitches

Lilasko

StarryEyed<3

liveforglitter

Mikaissocoollike

Dreamy_Queen

MelodicFreak

Addicted.to.Music

mary*

itoldher

njloverqoj

kaisam

Micah

Zuwii

KatherineH

If you want to be listed tell me in any way and I'll put your name on the list :naughty:

The Cumberbatch smilies

123.png

12345-1.png

Big thanks to you Mary!

Filmography

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3753794&postcount=326

TV

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3753927&postcount=327

Theatre

Voice acting

Edited by Lilasko
  • Like 1

Ooh! I love Benedict Cumberbatch!! He's one of my favorite actors :wub2:

Yesterday, I watched Third Star. It's a sad, but beautiful film. I recommend it :thumb_yello:

Mine as well :fangurl: Or the only one :aah:

I haven't watched it but I want to, just have to find a place where I can buy it/see it/be illegal :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: OOH! Good idea' date=' I love Benedict (of course.) :naughty:[/quote']

Thank you! and who doesn't? :das:

Mine as well :fangurl: Or the only one :aah:

I haven't watched it but I want to, just have to find a place where I can buy it/see it/be illegal :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you! and who doesn't? :das:

Oh, just about everyone I know in real life :mf_rosetinted: ....:doh:

I didn't even know he existed before MFC. :aah:

Oh' date=' just about everyone I know in real life :mf_rosetinted: ....:doh:

I didn't even know he existed before MFC. :aah:[/quote']

Okay, okay :aah: But shhh! Our mission is to spread his name through the world. :mf_rosetinted: My friend actually know his name now since I've repeated it like a million times, she even went to watch Frankenstein with me :aah:

Hehe, I think you´re going to make me to move to this cozy place from the Sherlock thread :)))

Haha :naughty: Here's plenty of space and Benedict welcomes you personally almost:aah: At least we can be here until Sherlock season 3 is finished :teehee:

Edited by Lilasko

Okay, okay :aah: But shhh! Our mission is to spread his name through the world. :mf_rosetinted: My friend actually know his name now since I've repeated it like a million times, she even went to watch Frankenstein with me :aah:

Haha lucky, my family and friends only know his name for the purpose of making fun of it :aah: Even my 7 year old cousin just HAD to say something... I don't even think 7 year olds are supposed to have such a, hmm, interesting vocabulary :aah::aah::naughty:

Haha lucky' date=' my family and friends only know his name for the purpose of making fun of it :aah: Even my 7 year old cousin just HAD to say something... I don't even think 7 year olds are supposed to have such a, hmm, interesting vocabulary :aah::aah::naughty:[/quote']

Haha :lmfao: Show them Sherlock! My dad actually watch it, and he's not a TV series person, my mum refuse thought she doesn't think she'll like it since my dad does :aah:

But my family doesn't know anything about him, and I don't dare tell them since I'm afraid my siblings will make fun of him just the way they do with Mika. :aah: Seriously sometimes I just want to hit them hard:mf_rosetinted:

BWAHAHA I LOVE THAT ONE SO MUCH!!! :teehee::wub2: HAHA Great idea putting it here. Note: READ IT. ALL OF IT. :naughty:

You heard her :naughty:

Haha :lmfao: Show them Sherlock! My dad actually watch it, and he's not a TV series person, my mum refuse thought she doesn't think she'll like it since my dad does :aah:

But my family doesn't know anything about him, and I don't dare tell them since I'm afraid my siblings will make fun of him just the way they do with Mika. :aah: Seriously sometimes I just want to hit them hard:mf_rosetinted:

You heard her :naughty:

Haha yeah... My dad tries very hard not to like anything I like. He's competitive with me. I showed him ASIP, and he solved it before it was half way through. And then he said exactly which bottle Sherlock picked before he picked it.:aah: The disadvantage of having a dad who is a fan of SH... He went on to say that the show was 'good, but too pretentious'. :aah::shocked: Says the man who calls himself a fan but has never read a WORD of Sherlock Holmes....:sneaky2:

You can watch Third Star on YouTube, but it is subtitled in Spanish.

Here the part 1 :)

http://youtu.be/p5lTbqttZRU

Thank you, I'll watch it late and try to ignore the spanish subtitles :aah:

Haha yeah... My dad tries very hard not to like anything I like. He's competitive with me. I showed him ASIP' date=' and he solved it before it was half way through. And then he said exactly which bottle Sherlock picked before he picked it.:aah: The disadvantage of having a dad who is a fan of SH... He went on to say that the show was 'good, but too pretentious'. :aah::shocked: Says the man who calls himself a fan but has never read a WORD of Sherlock Holmes....:sneaky2:[/quote']

He did :shocked: And I think it's so unpredictable...Guess I'm wrong then. :aah: He said what :sneaky2: You have to make him watch more episodes, see if he says that the Reichenbach fall is predicable. :mf_rosetinted: Everyone has to love Sherlock :aah:

Thank you, I'll watch it late and try to ignore the spanish subtitles :aah:

He did :shocked: And I think it's so unpredictable...Guess I'm wrong then. :aah: He said what :sneaky2: You have to make him watch more episodes, see if he says that the Reichenbach fall is predicable. :mf_rosetinted: Everyone has to love Sherlock :aah:

Haha even I predicted Reichenbach. Honestly, I think I have it mostly figured out. Probably not though :naughty: I thought it was pretty unpredictable too but I suppose I just wasn't paying attention... I watched Great Game all alone and figured most of it out. Thats sort of how I roll :aah:

Haha even I predicted Reichenbach. Honestly' date=' I think I have it mostly figured out. Probably not though :naughty: I thought it was pretty unpredictable too but I suppose I just wasn't paying attention... I watched Great Game all alone and figured most of it out. Thats sort of how I roll :aah:[/quote']

I have theories but they don't really fit, but Steven Moffat said it was clever so i really hope no one of my theories are right. :mf_rosetinted: Did you figure out all the clues in the Great Game? The your smart! or I'm stupid :aah: But the Blind Baker did you figure that one out too, because I didn't, I suck at stuff like that :aah:

I have theories but they don't really fit, but Steven Moffat said it was clever so i really hope no one of my theories are right. :mf_rosetinted: Did you figure out all the clues in the Great Game? The your smart! or I'm stupid :aah: But the Blind Baker did you figure that one out too, because I didn't, I suck at stuff like that :aah:

Well I figured out the beginning with the symbols because I like languages, but other than that not really :naughty: My theory is long and would take forever to type so I'll just copy and paste from someone whom I agree with. :teehee:

We see Sherlock on his mobile at the top of the building, this is definitely Holmes. When Sherlock first looks over the edge and asks “for a moment by myself”, there’s a bus parked alongside the hospital. After a minute or so, and next time we look down, there’s a lorry full of bin bags there. He was obviously stalling until the lorry full of rubbish bags is in position.

Watson is below on the street talking to him and is told not to move and to keep his eyes on Holmes so he doesn’t see the upcoming body switch. Holmes jumps from the building and seems to land on the pavement below. Actually he has jumped and landed in the back of the lorry full of rubbish bags and another body is put in his place on the pavement, which, conveniently is hidden from Watson’s view behind the rubbish lorry. Look at when he jumps. WAY too far from the building considering where the body ends up on the pavement (also, jumping forwards, despite the body being side on), and as we pan to the body, the lorry full of rubbish bags (to pad his fall) is driving away, with Holmes in it. The "Holmes" which we see landing on the pavement is in fact a dead body dressed up to look like Holmes, which he collected from Molly at the morgue. Watson then runs to Holmes but is disorientated by a "random" cyclist. Also, don’t forget that Watson sees what he expects to see, considering he’s just witnessed Sherlock jumping off the building, ie Sherlock’s dead body, it wouldn’t occur to him that it could be anyone else.

So, who is on the ground then? Well, his double. His double being the guy that Moriarty used to kidnap the children, hence the children being scared of him despite having never met Sherlock before. I’m assuming a double as opposed to a mask at this point, as I expect a mask to be too loose of a plot line. That said, in the last episode, “The Hounds of Baskerville”, whilst in the Baskerville facility, “human cloning” was mentioned. Could be a bit tenuous, but you never know.

He went to Molly just before the end so that he could ask her a favour so that she could perform the autopsy and “verify” his death, even though it didn’t occur. << I saw this somewhere on l'internet while I was thinking over my theories- couldn't agree more. I still hope it's more clever than that though... I would hate to have figured it out already :aah:

Well I figured out the beginning with the symbols because I like languages' date=' but other than that not really :naughty: My theory is long and would take forever to type so I'll just copy and paste from someone whom I agree with. :teehee:

We see Sherlock on his mobile at the top of the building, this is definitely Holmes. When Sherlock first looks over the edge and asks “for a moment by myself”, there’s a bus parked alongside the hospital. After a minute or so, and next time we look down, there’s a lorry full of bin bags there. He was obviously stalling until the lorry full of rubbish bags is in position.

Watson is below on the street talking to him and is told not to move and to keep his eyes on Holmes so he doesn’t see the upcoming body switch. Holmes jumps from the building and seems to land on the pavement below. Actually he has jumped and landed in the back of the lorry full of rubbish bags and another body is put in his place on the pavement, which, conveniently is hidden from Watson’s view behind the rubbish lorry. Look at when he jumps. WAY too far from the building considering where the body ends up on the pavement (also, jumping forwards, despite the body being side on), and as we pan to the body, the lorry full of rubbish bags (to pad his fall) is driving away, with Holmes in it. The "Holmes" which we see landing on the pavement is in fact a dead body dressed up to look like Holmes, which he collected from Molly at the morgue. Watson then runs to Holmes but is disorientated by a "random" cyclist. Also, don’t forget that Watson sees what he expects to see, considering he’s just witnessed Sherlock jumping off the building, ie Sherlock’s dead body, it wouldn’t occur to him that it could be anyone else.

So, who is on the ground then? Well, his double. His double being the guy that Moriarty used to kidnap the children, hence the children being scared of him despite having never met Sherlock before. I’m assuming a double as opposed to a mask at this point, as I expect a mask to be too loose of a plot line. That said, in the last episode, “The Hounds of Baskerville”, whilst in the Baskerville facility, “human cloning” was mentioned. Could be a bit tenuous, but you never know.

He went to Molly just before the end so that he could ask her a favour so that she could perform the autopsy and “verify” his death, even though it didn’t occur. << I saw this somewhere on l'internet while I was thinking over my theories- couldn't agree more. I still hope it's more clever than that though... I would hate to have figured it out already :aah:[/quote']

I can't recall the beginning right now, symbols?

I've read similar theories and I did agree with them, but now I think it's too far to the rubbish lorry and I also know why you don't see Sherlock hit the ground, so I don't believe in that theory anymore :mf_rosetinted: And I don't like it because it's to simply I want something clever and mind blowing, an aha moment :aah:

Edited by Lilasko

I can't recall the beginning right now, symbols?

I've read similar theories and I did agree with them, but now I think it's too far to the rubbish lorry and I also now why you don't see Sherlock hit the ground, so I don't believe in that theory anymore :mf_rosetinted: And I don't like it because it's to simply I want something clever and mind blowing, an aha moment :aah:

At the beginning there were ancient Chinese numeral symbols spray painted on the wall :teehee: And now that you mention it, I agree. Just a bit. I'd rather think we'll be hit with something totally genius and captivating than something logical. It IS Sherlock Holmes we're talking about, so things really could swing either way.

At the beginning there were ancient Chinese numeral symbols spray painted on the wall :teehee: And now that you mention it' date=' I agree. Just a bit. I'd rather think we'll be hit with something totally genius and captivating than something logical. It IS Sherlock Holmes we're talking about, so things really could swing either way.[/quote']

Ah I remember now, didn't get the symbol at all when I first watched it :aah: But did you really get that it was her brother that was a member of some criminal Chinese clan that killed them because he had stolen a jade thing and gave to his secretary as a present? :aah:

It can't be too plain and easy at least they know that they have to pull off something spectacular :naughty:

Ah I remember now, didn't get the symbol at all when I first watched it :aah: But did you really get that it was her brother that was a member of some criminal Chinese clan that killed them because he had stolen a jade thing and gave to his secretary as a present? :aah:

It can't be too plain and easy at least they know that they have to pull off something spectacular :naughty:

No, I'll admit I didn't get all that :naughty: I noticed the thing with the lotion though.. It just took me until right before Sherlock said so :aah: I agree with you there. And even though I'd hate to skip around the series if I REALLY am curious I should read the final problem and the adventure of the empty house, I'm sure the new episode will be SOME sort of twist on that...

No' date=' I'll admit I didn't get all that :naughty: I noticed the thing with the lotion though.. It just took me until right before Sherlock said so :aah: I agree with you there. And even though I'd hate to skip around the series if I REALLY am curious I should read the final problem and the adventure of the empty house, I'm sure the new episode will be SOME sort of twist on that...[/quote']

Well I didn't get it at all :aah: Yes probably, it would be strange if it wasn't, guess I have to borrow more books on Monday :teehee: