2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK: Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

Written by Instinct Staff | Friday, 03 August 2012

Many likely remember a 2009 Dutch magazine cover featuring pop star Mika with the sprawling headline “Mika Clears Things Up: Call Me Bisexual.”

The only problem was that the story, which he calls “disappointing,” didn’t clear things up at all because it wasn’t exactly what he intended to say.

Earlier this week, in a world exclusive, Mika sat down with Instinct to set the record straight (so to speak): “If you ask me am I gay, I say yeah. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say yeah. And it’s only through my music that I’ve found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life.”

For more with Mika, including his first public comments about his relationship and the role he feels celebrities play as representatives for the LGBT community, check out the upcoming September issue of Instinct Magazine—coming soon.

http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/exclusive-sneak-peek-mika-tells-instinct-%E2%80%9Cyeah-i%E2%80%99m-gay-%E2%80%9D?directory=100011

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my god ... I'm so so shocked ... I had no idea ... this changes everything ... I can now no longer look at him the same way ... I will never be his wife ... my dreams are ... B.R.O.K.E.N. I need to leave ... I'm inconsolable

*makes dramatic exit stage left*

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

Oh my god ... I'm so so shocked ... I had no idea ... this changes everything ... I can now no longer look at him the same way ... I will never be his wife ... my dreams are ... B.R.O.K.E.N. I need to leave ... I'm inconsolable

*makes dramatic exit stage left*

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

:floor::floor::floor:

I wonder what they will make up to deny this!!! :lmfao:

He was obviously held at gunpoint. I request to hear the audio before I believe any of this. My life is over now. I will retreat and go live in the mountains and cry over our unborn babies :mf_rosetinted:

In a more serious response:

tumblr_m2rtivM41C1ru7ftzo1_500.gif

He was obviously held at gunpoint. I request to hear the audio before I believe any of this. My life is over now. I will retreat and go live in the mountains and cry over our unborn babies :mf_rosetinted:

In a more serious response:

tumblr_m2rtivM41C1ru7ftzo1_500.gif

:lmfao: I think you beat my post for humour points ... :teehee:

Seriously though ... I'm so proud of him - I'm really pleased he's so happy and content with who he is, and who he is with, that he feels he can say this now ... :thumb_yello: