2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

I think this may persist everywhere in the world, just as there are people who think that things like evolution and global warming are still unproven and therefore there's no reason to treat it as fact.

I think in countries with a long democratic tradition it is framed as a human rights issue and people are reminded of the separation of church and state. So it doesn't matter if it's a lifestyle choice and it doesn't matter what your church thinks of it. It's not your place to tell other people how to live their lives.

Ok, back to topic. One of the things that surprised me in the discussion here is that people that totally accept homosexuality sometimes don't seem to believe in bisexuality. I had to think about that when I came across a news article yesterday. It was in Dutch, so I didn't post it here, but here's the source: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0040256

and to summarize, bisexual men have a different response than heterosexual or homosexual men.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not even so sure anymore that we're working towards a solution to the conversation so much as we're throwing opinions out there for the sole purpose of disagreeing with someone. Is the point really to discuss' date=' or as I"ve seen begin to happen, to get someone else to agree with you on matters that can become interpretive and deal alot with how someone was brought up?[/quote']

I don't think the purpose of a thread on a discussion forum (especially one such as MFC) is to find solutions to problems. Unless they are problems like "I can't view this video from my country". :wink2:

I like to get to know people, particularly since I come across many fans in real life or they are seeking assistance for real life situations. That doesn't really happen if everyone just agrees with each other for 3.5 million posts about how cute Mika is.

I don't think the purpose of a thread on a discussion forum (especially one such as MFC) is to find solutions to problems. Unless they are problems like "I can't view this video from my country". :wink2:

I like to get to know people, particularly since I come across many fans in real life or they are seeking assistance for real life situations. That doesn't really happen if everyone just agrees with each other for 3.5 million posts about how cute Mika is.

And on this I would definitely agree! I hadn't been thinking of it that way. Actually now that i think of it, I'm having a bit of a "shame on me" moment for even getting involved in it as I'm barely holding up in the conversation :naughty: It's rather interesting to observe how people think of things, and how they endeavor to explain things that the majority of people disagree with, etc. I must suppose that that's the REAL reason why I'm here, although if something comes up I certainly will say something or other, otherwise I won't live with myself :naughty:

Okay. I posted a pretty long opinion quite awhile back. and while it may be simply my own humble opinion it's definitely one that I believe in. Seeing how long this one conversation' date=' discussion, debate, whatever you wish to call it has gone on, I must confess I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore! I have an opinion rto give of course, but first what exactly is it that's so important in this debate? I lost track... :aah:[/quote']

J don't think there are many threads on MFC that stay entirely on topic as we are not merely posting comments to a particular song, article or even an intro post but engage in a conversation. So if you can see anything in any post you want to reflect on you might want to post a reply, a video response, your personal opinion that may differ entirely from what you have read, praise the person's signature, ask for links to something you read about or post relevant updates from other threads...etc I think the only rule is that you engage with others in the thread rather than just posting 50 random pics no-one is interested in.

Seeing how long this one conversation' date=' discussion, debate, whatever you wish to call it has gone on, I must confess I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore! [/quote']

That probably sums up most threads on the MFC :naughty: Even the gig report ones :naughty:

J don't think there are many threads on MFC that stay entirely on topic as we are not merely posting comments to a particular song, article or even an intro post but engage in a conversation. So if you can see anything in any post you want to reflect on you might want to post a reply, a video response, your personal opinion that may differ entirely from what you have read, praise the person's signature, ask for links to something you read about or post relevant updates from other threads...etc I think the only rule is that you engage with others in the thread rather than just posting 50 random pics no-one is interested in.

aha of course :wink2: I personally LOVE this sort of conversation, although normally I curse myself for getting involved later on when I can't assemble my thoughts and end up coming out a jumbled contradictory mess :naughty: That I've managed thus far is a wonder to me :naughty:

Ok, back to topic. One of the things that surprised me in the discussion here is that people that totally accept homosexuality sometimes don't seem to believe in bisexuality. I had to think about that when I came across a news article yesterday. It was in Dutch, so I didn't post it here, but here's the source: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0040256

and to summarize, bisexual men have a different response than heterosexual or homosexual men.

I think people are reading too much into others talking about Mika being gay and what that means about their attitude towards bisexuality.

In any case I'd say it goes both ways. I've seen a couple of people here say that everyone is bisexual. This is not true. I know it's not because I'm not bisexual. So someone telling me everyone is bisexual is no more or less ridiculous/insulting/ignorant/whatever than me implying that I think everyone is either gay or straight.

Everyone approaches things with their own set of biases. I am attracted to men so I am only going to be able to truly emphathize with straight women and gay men. For everything else I just have to take people's word for it :naughty:

Ok, back to topic. One of the things that surprised me in the discussion here is that people that totally accept homosexuality sometimes don't seem to believe in bisexuality.

I think it was more about not accepting it from Mika, especially the way he said it made me question if he meant what be said.

I think it was more about not accepting it from Mika, especially the way he said it made me question if he meant what be said.

I'm inclined to believe that he believed what he said, or at least made himself believe it. But I'm very curious about the full article.

Okay. I posted a pretty long opinion quite awhile back. and while it may be simply my own humble opinion it's definitely one that I believe in. Seeing how long this one conversation' date=' discussion, debate, whatever you wish to call it has gone on, I must confess I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore! I have an opinion rto give of course, but first what exactly is it that's so important in this debate? I lost track... :aah:[/quote']

We are discussing the many sorts of fresh products showing up at the vegetable vid...:mf_rosetinted:

aha of course :wink2: I personally LOVE this sort of conversation' date=' although normally I curse myself for getting involved later on when I can't assemble my thoughts and end up coming out a jumbled contradictory mess :naughty:[/quote']

oh, I have done it more often than you have, that I am pretty sjfe about :teehee: I tend to realize I should have worded things differently as soon as I click on submit reply:doh: and sometimes I edit but often I just wait to clarify in case someone picks upon it

(I can usually even tell it will be picked upon:teehee: )

PS: Sorry for the typos. Late night typing on my mobile.

Edited by suzie

We are discussing the many sorts of fresh products showing up at the vegetable vid...:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: So what do you think of the capsicum or the carrot flute? :mf_rosetinted:

I beat you to it:mf_rosetinted:

I saw that to late. I'm too slow as usual :mf_rosetinted:

do you have this in dutch? that would be easier to understand for me

Oh I didn't realize the whole article was there, I thought it was just the abstract. I will read this but probably not until next week when I've got more time. Thanks for posting. :thumb_yello:

do you have this in dutch? that would be easier to understand for me

I don't have the whole thing in Dutch, but there was an article about it on nu.nl a few days ago: http://www.nu.nl/wetenschap/2878059/verwijding-pupil-verklapt-seksuele-orientatie.html

The science section on nu.nl is usually lacking some nuance, and sometimes just plain wrong. But reading a full-blown scientific paper is quite difficult if you're not used to it, so I guess this would be the next-best thing.

How do you explain recent anti-gay riots and banning the gay parade in your country then? I would have thought that such attitudes are part of the 'heritage' from the communist past, though feel free to disagree.

We actually have pretty much the same attitude here, though probably more willingness to act politically correct at international level - not always succeeding though.

Indeed, it' quite similar attitude. But the recent anti-gay riots and banning gay parade in Serbia are not only the part of ex-communist heritage but also a result of extreme nationalistic, conservative and clerical tendencies here. Actually we fight with these social mileux all the time, but ex Yugoslavia, as you know was not part of the Eastern block, but more politically and cultural inclined to the West.

But imo that doesn't qualify as homosexual but as phaedophile.

Yes Shine I don't understand why you mention this in relation to homosexuality. :blink: Doesn't it go without saying that no one approves of adults seducing children? Sadly there is plenty of pedophilia between men and girls (or women and boys for that matter) so it has nothing to do with hetero- or homo- sexual orientation.

Let me clear up this for you.

I didn't mean phaedophile relationships of any kind, but had in my mind those sexually confused teenage boys and girls (and it's quite normal for some of them) who could create or even twist their own sexual identity under pressure of adults and not freely, based on their own predominant tendencies.