2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

It's great that our wonderful MIKA now is ready to finally be open and honest - and hereby stops all the talks - on this subject :thumb_yello:

I think we all want our golden boy to be as happy as possible, and fully enjoy life in every way - and keep on making his fantastic music!! :wub2:

"Everybody's gonna love today, love today, love today" :fisch: -

And CELEBRATE !!!

Love,love

mb

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But when you have taken the step, it's a fantastic feeling - like you can fly and like you are 3 meters taller :D

aww, thank you for sharing your feelings, i had already thought that mika went through something like that, but it's great to hear it from someone who made the experience themselves, what it really feels like. :wub2::thumb_yello:

My heart stopped when I read this. But after the first shock it's working again. I always hoped he was bi, because I'm not a boy, even though I know I would never be his girlfriend. But my fantasies are ruined now :( cuz you can't turn gays straight, even in my fantasies I can't :(

But other that I have to find new fantasies, I'm happy for him that he can now be open about who he loves. I still love him and that would never change. He's is still a wonderfull singer and person, and I wish him all the happiness in the world.

Appearently I have a thing for gay man. This is the fifth man or so I like. That are the only times I sometimes wosh I was a man.

Join this group sweetie :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/group.php?groupid=13

You belong there :wub2:

:yay:

good he's finally said it!!

HOWEVER i would be most interested to read how he explains that earlier 'bisexual' quote, because there were many who accused him of only using that label because he didn't want to lose fans...and he's let that statement stand for 3 years...i used to defend him to ppl who insisted he was 'lying' (for whatever reason) but then i realised a while back that he likely is gay indeed and not bisexual, so i stopped defending that statement.

bottom line - can't wait to read the interview..:naughty:

As a bisexual person I can tell you, that you everyone has to "come to terms with it", even now and even in the best environment. It's not that easy when you realize that you are different. It's a long way you have to go. Some go it faster, some need more time, some never manage it - it dependants on the personality of every one and the environment (if it's more accepting or not) you are living in. So there is no "to long" for anyone.

As for "going out", there are these rational and irrational fears of losing people that are important for yourself and to get problems because of your orientation. Even if you tell yourself on a rational level "if it goes wrong and the person can't accept it I don't want to have the person as a friend anyway / I don't want to work for the person anyway / ... " and that everyone who will have a problem should go and **** himself your feelings are messing up everything. Especially the first time(s) you come out. If I think about it, it's mostly the fear of getting hurt emotionally because of bad reactions, at least for myself.

But when you have taken the step, it's a fantastic feeling - like you can fly and like you are 3 meters taller :D

wooow!!! :thumb_yello: I think you sum up everything there!!! I'm really proud of you!!! honestly!!!!:wink2:

you know, I live in a country where we are usually know as and "old population" not only for the average of the age of the uruguayan people, but also because of our way of thinking. therefore, for us, young people, is really hard to make to elder people understand that there's nothing wrong with being bi/gay/ or hetero as long as you are happy and respect the others! I have this kind of conversation with my parents everyday. they see the news, and when something about gay marriage (which is not accepted here) or something appears, they start complaining, and giving thousand of arguments about why other sexual orientations apart from heterosexual is wrong! and I try to make them see that they are the ones who are wrong, but it's really hard! :sneaky2: ..... anyway, my country is moving on about the law regulation in this issue, and I'm really proud that as a country we try to open our mind, and accept that we are all equals, even in sexuality terms! :thumb_yello:

Ahh my hopes of marrying him are out the door now too!

But on a more serious note, I am extremely happy and proud of him. Having come from a family where we are very open to same sex relationships I'm always appalled when I see people who put it down and make people feel scared to come out. I'm extremely happy that Mika has found the courage and the comfort to express himself. Much love and respect to him!

Thanks god I'm obviously less jealous seeing him with boy than with gal :mf_rosetinted:

Yes I thought he is 90% gay since I got to know about him and almost 99% sure after seeing him in person :aah: But actually feared about his openly coming out, cuz I thought he should take a risk to lose huge fan base after that...

He's a great artist, musician, singer, person to me... and no one could kick him away from some part of my heart, even my boyfriend never could do that. :aah:

I love you Mika, in a special way :wub2: You're the greatest and most amazing person I've ever seen.

Edited by Yuna
damn grammar

Thanks god I'm obviously less jealous seeing him with boy than with gal :mf_rosetinted:

Yes I thought he is 90% gay since I got to know about him and almost 99% sure after seeing him in person :aah: But actually feared about his openly coming out, cuz I thought he should take a risk to lose huge fan base after that...

He's a great artist, musician, singer, person to me... and no one could kick him away from some part of my heart, even my boyfriend never could do that. :aah:

I love you Mika, in a special way :wub2: You're the greatest and most amazing person I've ever seen.

Why would he lose his fan base? Everyone who has ever listened to his lyrics already knew this and people genuinely interested in music don't care. And girls who only want to marry him find new imaginery boy friends all the time any way... :naughty:

@dermoment Thank you for sharing your feelings :huglove:

I just can't believe this was easy for him. I read someone (not a fan) commenting on FB he is doing all this to promote his album. So he didn't openly talk about this during his first two albums because he knew that releasing his third one would be commercially perfect moment??? :doh: I just feel SO happy for him, I wish everyone did :wub2:

Edited by tiibet

I just can't believe this was easy for him. I read someone commenting on FB he is doing all this to promote his album. So he didn't openly talk about this during his first two albums because he knew that releasing his third one would be commercially perfect moment??? :doh: I just feel SO happy for him, I wish everyone did :wub2:

Sadly it can be see like this by lots of people because he declares that a month before the realise of his album. I'm quite sure that we'll see violentes comments on gay community blog by non Mika fans like when Mika or his team send to gay blogs the video of Make you Happy. If Mika declared "I'm gay" a year or 6 months or few months after de realise of his new album it surely be see differently by people.

Sadly it can be see like this by lots of people because he declares that a month before the realise of his album. I'm quite sure that we'll see violentes comments on gay community blog by non Mika fans like when Mika or his team send to gay blogs the video of Make you Happy. If Mika declared "I'm gay" a year or 6 months or few months after de realise of his new album it surely be see differently by people.

I still think that him being happy, free and proud (of himself) is much more important than some random comments :wub2: His music already divideds opinions.

WOO! Butt-pain relievement. Finally the job's done, I've been waiting for it for so long! No more "Is he gay?" questions. He made it clear, now time to focus on his music! I love him because his music, his perspective on music, his art in general is impeccable. Not because he's gay or not. This will not change my plans; talking about Mika to my little children, when I'll have some :teehee: He's great, this is all I have to say, I honestly support him no matter what. Well done Mika, finally well done.*

@Sephira Mika has no huge fanbase to lose with this statement. in fact, he originally had more gay followers - you could see that on MFC, too. I think with the second album he actually closed in a bit despite the video for WAG being full of gay imagery - with not well-chosen lyrics to the song though, so a rather mixed message. All in all, I think this statement will only gain him more fans and most definitely some increased credibility. It's not that he wasn't honest till now. He was in his work but the press seem to have perceived him as a manufactured popstar with 'the boy next-door ' image who is deceiving teenage girls whilst in reality his fanbase is most definitely not limited to them.

Edited by suzie

It is the good thing that he finally said it ! :thumb_yello:

He said it as he doubtless smells best in the head. There is nothing commercial in this statement, I think.

But now, I am afraid for him that the media are even more pressing with their questions, and paparazzi never leave him quiet! :sneaky2:

I don`t think his fanbase will be less. Never. None of us will turn away only because of his statement . It`s like turn away from your brother, best friend or someone you care for. Never.

Fans ! We should be thankful he trusts us by letting us know he`s gay. Many people have to keep it in secret throughout all their lives ! They suffer, they`re unhappy, losing their identity....

As to paparazzi - yes, I`m afraid that pressure will grow, but Mika is able to cope with that .

And I really happy that we finally can focus on his music and projects ! :thumb_yello:

He's great, this is all I have to say, I honestly support him no matter what. Well done Mika, finally well done.*

It`s like turn away from your brother, best friend or someone you care for. Never.

:thumb_yello::wub2::wub2:

Once again I'm much better at quoting you all and showing I agree than at expressing my own feelings :teehee:

I have this kind of conversation with my parents everyday. they see the news, and when something about gay marriage (which is not accepted here) or something appears, they start complaining, and giving thousand of arguments about why other sexual orientations apart from heterosexual is wrong! and I try to make them see that they are the ones who are wrong, but it's really hard! :sneaky2:

It must be hard indeed; but it's good that you are trying :thumb_yello: Thanks to you, little by little, mentalities will change :wink2:

So happy for him, let it all out!

Hmmm, my fantasies will stay intact, he's still hot :naughty:

50 Shades of Mika :thumb_yello:

Why would he lose his fan base? Everyone who has ever listened to his lyrics already knew this and people genuinely interested in music don't care. And girls who only want to marry him find new imaginery boy friends all the time any way... :naughty:

@dermoment Thank you for sharing your feelings :huglove:

I just can't believe this was easy for him. I read someone (not a fan) commenting on FB he is doing all this to promote his album. So he didn't openly talk about this during his first two albums because he knew that releasing his third one would be commercially perfect moment??? :doh: I just feel SO happy for him, I wish everyone did :wub2:

Ver well said, Nina!:thumb_yello: